Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6081384 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23700 on: March 24, 2020, 05:45:52 am »
You’re in 2 minds Marina, that’s understandable.  A good chance for DH to catch up on his jobs for clients by staying in the city.  This situation may go on for a while so maybe you’ll be able to go home for a while at some stage.

I had a quick visit from SIL & BIL to take a couple of pieces of furniture I didn’t want, she also went home with a 2 pack of paper towels as I had not long ago bought a bulk pack from Costco.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23701 on: March 24, 2020, 06:02:14 am »
We are seeing so many things closing down, I guess everyone is the same.
Denise I do think it is sensible to have a total close down. DH will have to order online from Bunnings and have it delivered!

Chookie I meant to say earlier that I could imagine you as a hippie.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23702 on: March 24, 2020, 08:31:28 pm »
Honestly a hard day here , trying to talk to DH about what will happen , he had a day of sleep and thinks I’m over reacting, but I know he is just processing it .
DD continued on with a few classes with her teachers and a video one , which made her talk ask questions. They said to do work all this week so they can relax for the following school hols !!
DS mowed around the chook shead and Peppers kennel , I told him to stop after ages , normally we put sheep out the back to eat the grass . So dusty his face was black .
Rang an old friend to see how she was going .
More restrictions which is good , all I want to do is shop for fresh food , but feel unease about it too . Would be great if we had a green groceries here.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23703 on: March 25, 2020, 04:04:52 am »
K Atie , agree, it is the fresh food we will miss. Thought I might give Wilson’s a ring and see if they will deliver. 
Chemist sent a great pile of pills today.  Should get us through the next month. 
Should have the flu injection in the next couple of weeks.  Don’t want to go near the Dr surgery.  DD said to ask if he would come out to car and he could jab us through the window.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23704 on: March 25, 2020, 05:42:42 am »
That’s a good idea Chookie. I see Adelaide is doing some of the Covid 19 tests as drive through.

I did some food shopping this morning. I usually only shop once a week and of course could only buy 2 lots of milk. I will pop down in a few days.
I rang my hairdresser this morning and as they are limited to 30 minute hair appointment she can fit me in and not of Friday. I. Glad as they may have to close up.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23705 on: March 25, 2020, 10:59:28 am »
Chookie I wish I got more from Wilson’s the other day ! May go the opposite direction tomorrow. DS stacked some wood . DD was not that well think she indulged in to many apricot bliss balls . Spent ages getting a few things in town for MIL and tried to tell her to to distance isolation , she came ou5 to me and tried passing things to me , oh dear this is hard . Now she is going to the optometrist tomorrow to pick up glasses !! Told DH to tell her to stay in the car and they can give them to her .. oh no there will not be anyone else in the shop , Heaven help me .
More eggs today still missing the bantams egg .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23706 on: March 26, 2020, 06:59:20 am »
It’s hard to get our Mothers to understand all this K Atie, try as we might to get them to do the right thing.
Today I managed a sleep in, changed the bed and washed then later tackled the linen press.  A huge bag of wool and linen for the op shop.  I had to stop before I managed to get to the top shelf where all the photos and Christmas decorations are because my back objected but that’s a big job and will take me more than a day to go through all the photos and get rid of many of them I hope.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:08:12 am by judydawn »

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23707 on: March 26, 2020, 10:14:43 am »
Never want to go near an Aldi store again , social distancing is not something anyone was doing , so I spent ages waiting for people to move . I went  into Coles then thought I was smart as no one in the que , teller told me to pack my own bags , fair enough... she was fast and I just cucked it in to keep up with her . Never going shopping for ages , so tired when I got home quick shower and changed clothes , took DH to paddock to meet our live stock agent , to look at sheep to sell , distance talk from ute to car ! All to sell the weathers . Home claned up ,DS had done a lot , DD was studying and had a video English class ( internet did not hold up ) . DD helped DH have a shower, while I prepared dinner.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:26:00 pm by K Atie »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23708 on: March 26, 2020, 12:43:12 pm »
So very busy KAtie. How is DH’s ankle?

I went to the hairdressers today. She is in a real quandary as with the separation rule she can only have half the girls working each day. The Katie’s was closed, all the beauticians and nail places.  The phone places had their doors closed and only let 1 or 2 people in at once. The travel agents were all closed. It’s a Westfield shopping centre and the hairdresser said they had told her they expected to be closed within the week. 

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23709 on: March 26, 2020, 08:31:52 pm »
Cookie I gathered from the shop keepers they all thought that any day they would be closed .
DH ankle is ok , he is stir crazy staying put . A tad grumpy for the last week , hopefully the drugs wearing off will help that . He finds the crutches hard work , starting to get uncomfortable now too. Better sleep for him last night , as he had not much at all the night before .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23710 on: March 26, 2020, 10:59:11 pm »
How long will it take for a full recovery of the ankle K Atie?  I imagine DH would be like a caged animal, he’s used to working long hours on the farm.  This is a taste of how retirement will be for  him.

Yes it is going to get tougher folks.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23711 on: March 27, 2020, 12:08:31 am »
More time in veggie garden.  Yesterday when cleaning up one raised bed I discovered one garlic that I planted last year. I thought I might make some garlic infused oil.
Only cooking today will be Portuguese Custard tarts for GD.  She is working very hard on her remote learning.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23712 on: March 27, 2020, 05:04:37 am »
I haven’t done much but I had the electrician in to put down lights in the lounge, replace one of the lights in the range hood (boy that made a difference) and install a security system out the front.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23713 on: March 27, 2020, 11:13:03 am »
DH and I went shopping at the supermarket very early yesterday morning. There are new restrictions in place. Everyone has to queue to enter with markings on the ground keeping you two meters apart. The flow into the supermarket is monitored. If they feel there are too many people entering, the queue is halted until people exit. The checkout tills are spaced apart. When you want to pay, you again have to queue, following the two meter markings on the floor.
Our checkout girl was lovely. She applied for the job when all BA crew were grounded.

DD phoned. She is being retrained so she can go back on the wards to help. SIL has released his junior surgical team to other parts of the hospital to relieve colleagues where their expertise is needed.

90% +  of the UK are self isolating. There are idiots who are not and carrying on as normal.
The North Yorkshire police have erected check point on roads. You have to have a good reason to be traveling, otherwise you are sent home.  I would thought there will be a time when the rest of police forces will do the same.

We even talk to our neighbours at least two meters apart.
It very scary. 133 people died here yesterday.  So take extra care of yourselves.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23714 on: March 27, 2020, 11:35:20 am »
It is certainly not good Denise. Our supermarkets have similar markings on the floor. I went to the chemist today to make sure we had a months supply of medications. They also have markings on the floor but the dispensary assistant was saying all the oldies ignore them.  As I moved away to wait for the scripts an elderly lady came in, leant all over the counter and well past the markings. The dispensary lass, looked at me and rolled her eyes and then we both giggled.