Author Topic: just feeling proud to let everyone know i made my first cooking book  (Read 11165 times)

Offline johnro

• View Profile
Congratulations Stef on your book - so disappointing and upsetting for you when the hard work has been done by you and this is not recognised by those who should know better!!  I understand the pride in your achievement, in a very small way we all get a similar feeling when we are successful in adapting our favourite dishes to the TMX. it is of little use stressing over the dishonest actions of another, we can only be responsible for our own behaviour.   :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline joynatalie

• View Profile
Well done! A huge achievement

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Congratulations Stef.  This looks very professional and we look forward to any TMX recipes that you wish to share.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Stef, well done - the book looks great.  Did you realise that if you did print a book in English you are dealing with a group of people who have insatiable appetites for recipe books - especially those for the TMX and preferably with lots of pictures. We have a lady in New South Wales who has published a vegan recipe book and she is on her third print - I am not a vegan by any means but I just had to have her book to add to my collection. As long as your recipes have ingredients that can be sourced no matter which country you live in or an alternative given for some items which are hard to find, I'm sure your book would be a huge success. Good luck if you decide to go down that path.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
I find that one of the most helpful things in books is pictures and explanations of ingredients that are used in the recipes, eg. the onion group, as the names differ from country to country. Stef you have put your knowledge out there and you will help other people with similar dietary requirements to your own. I bet you must look at your book and smile at it a lot  ;D Gefeliciteerd  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Congrats Stef,  I'm impressed  :)
Some people are truly evil (like the tv chef), but karma does bite back......which I would love to read your revenge story  :P
Seriously, good on you!  8)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Well done Stef,  It must be wonderful to see all your efforts in print.  I'm sorry that you were taken down by that Chef.  Things like that leave a nasty taste in your mouth don't they!!!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Stef my congratulations. What you have done is very remarkable and you should feel very proud of yourself.
I agree wholeheartedly with your feeling about sharing with the forum members.

I have compiled my own 'book' of my favourite recipes from the forum. I took the photos this morning so this seems a good place to post them. My 'book' is nothing like yours Stef. It is purely my collection.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Complete with pictures - well done Cookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Not a patch on Stefs but it suits me and with it being in plastic envelopes if I find we don't eat something I can remove it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline stef

• my favorite monkey in antwerp zoo
    • View Profile
    • our business
nice work cookie :) that is exactly the stuff i love ..

i am overwelmed by all the reactions and suggestions :) don't know where to begin honestly :)

i am just a bit to new to thermomix to feel comfortable to just start to adapt my recipes to thermomix just like that. i still am not sure about the basics regaring the speeds en so on

still studying :)

Cookie that is a great idea...  i have a copy of my book in plastic covers too !
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 10:01:10 am by stef »
Live life to the fullest

Offline Gen Y

• View Profile
Congratulations !! Looks amazing you must be a fantastic cook =D

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
Congratulations Stef- What a remarkable and extremely professional achievement. No wonder you are proud of yourself- so are we
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
What a fine looking cover.  Congratulations on publishing your own book, what an achievement!   :)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Well done Stef! Will be looking forward to the English version if you ever get around to it.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand