Author Topic: Thermomix Mat  (Read 9028 times)

Offline Karen Joy

• View Profile
Thermomix Mat
« on: May 27, 2011, 04:07:25 pm »
Hi, is the TM mat included in the package? I saw a bread making video and the girl mentioned that the TM mat is included in the package? I didnt have any in my box.  Is it normal?

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Thermomix Mat
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 09:54:03 pm »
Yes it’s normal. Maybe it was on offer that month. I think the cost of the mat is $60.00
ciao
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 01:10:36 am »
hmm interesting .... there is a promotion next month with the flour company that is in that video, I wonder if there is going to be a customer incentive for the bread mat. Even consultants won't know until Monday  ;)

At present if you purchase your TMX then no the bread mat isn't included.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 07:12:03 am »
karenjoy there is no mat in france....they dont even sell it here to my knowledge from vorwerk ie on the site, same for the thermoserver they are both aussie promotions at different times.  Here if you check out the french website you will see what promotions they have on at different months.  Sometimes its half off the bag, a second bowl etc and other times its two books for a demo etc etc.  You can however buy a thermomat and/or thermoserver from other suppliers if you wanted.  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline KylieJade

• View Profile
    • Embrace Better Health
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 03:42:10 am »
If you have a 2nd basic demo the mat is available for $40 instead of the normal $60

Offline Renlor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 06:21:24 am »
I wasn't that chufffed with the mat....I had only used it once or twice...then I noticed little pin prick pock marks in it and got freaked out about the possible food contamination (isn't it fibreglass or something?)....I think I might invest in a silicone one one day.

Offline KylieJade

• View Profile
    • Embrace Better Health
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 08:39:57 am »
The Thermomat is made from silicone, but I believe it does have fibreglass in it also and should not be used if there are cuts or holes in it - one tip is to never store it folded - only ever roll it - I don't know why they don't mention that on the packaging...

Use it when you don’t want to have to flour up the bench top, to wrap your dough/pastry in to prove, knead and shape, can also be used in the oven but will tend to discolour over time if you do.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 02:31:35 pm »
The Thermomat is made from silicone, but I believe it does have fibreglass in it also and should not be used if there are cuts or holes in it - one tip is to never store it folded - only ever roll it - I don't know why they don't mention that on the packaging...

Use it when you don’t want to have to flour up the bench top, to wrap your dough/pastry in to prove, knead and shape, can also be used in the oven but will tend to discolour over time if you do.

They now come with an info sticker on the packaging of the mat
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Bonsai

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 02:36:25 pm »
I bought a silicone mat through a local cooking/baking shop which was much cheaper than the Thermomix one and seems to do the job. I wash mine and hang it on the line to dry, and always keep it stored rolled up. It has a measure along both sides and measured circles in the centre which help when rolling pastry to size - not sure if the TMX one has this as only saw one once at a demo.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 02:48:39 pm »
If you lay your wet mat on a teatowel and then roll it up together with the teatowel, then twist as if you were twisting water out of washing. This will dry your mat really well and quickly.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Gen Y

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 11:48:42 am »

I opened mine today and they must have taken ur advise because its on there now =D

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 07:57:14 am »
I bought a mat at the B2B Baking Secrets class I went to recently and the mat packaging has a sticker with warnings including one that says never cut on the mat.

Hope I'm not giving away any trade secrets here but one of the good tips I picked up from that class was to use the TMX spatula to safely "cut" dough on the mat, eg for a pull apart.

I'm hoping the Thermomat will reduce the amount of baking paper I use.  :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:08:07 am by djinni373 »
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Bonsai

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 12:55:35 pm »
Is the thermomat safe in a hot oven?  I thought it was OK on low (e.g. rising dough) but not as a liner for baking trays etc. I have a separate thinner mat that is oven safe to about 220 celcius or higher, but haven't been brave enough to put the silicone one in (don't fancy the idea of melted silicone on my food  :o )

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 03:09:41 pm »
Instructions say it is Ok up to 280 degrees C so I presume I can use it as a liner on a large cookie tray in my electric oven.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 01:04:34 pm »
The Thermomat is made from silicone... can also be used in the oven but will tend to discolour over time if you do.

Mine stained very quickly.  I reflected that probably that was caused by a combination of using in the oven (which I thought was a key selling point of the Thermomat) with a bit of flour left on it, and oil leaking off the top of the Pizza Bianca onto it.

I'm a demonstrator, so I had to invest in another one for demos.  Just wondered if anyone has found a way to clean the Thermomat.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution