Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6132668 times)

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #16635 on: November 25, 2014, 12:52:26 am »
Big fabric stash and so many sewing books, I just can't seem to cull them, I decided to paint the toilet, I forgot how difficult painting in small spaces is I will finish it tomorrow......maybe.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16636 on: November 25, 2014, 01:12:47 am »
I'm working on my Christmas gift goodies this morning whilst I'm feeling motivated by the new Christmas challenge.  Love it when you have all the ingredients on hand and can just go ahead when you're in the mood.  
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 01:51:34 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #16637 on: November 25, 2014, 01:27:52 am »
Jo I feel for you; I remember when my baby went to school I decideed to go to the city and look at dress patterns all by myself but spent most of the time crying that I just came home.

I know what you ladies mean about a fabric stash; I have so many boxes full but joined the Australian Sewing Guild and do lots of sewing for different organisations around our area and State that I gradually get through it and then what (someone gives me some more). Between our group we gradually get through it. Op shops are a good way to go though.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #16638 on: November 25, 2014, 05:54:01 am »
Glad it went well for DD Jo.  :)

I don't have a fabric stash but do have a paper stash for card making. I regularly go through it and donate it to a couple of local pre schools.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16639 on: November 25, 2014, 08:47:22 pm »
shopping today... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #16640 on: November 25, 2014, 08:52:19 pm »
Oh dear, today's school drop off was not so good. Clingy and crying little girl...
I am sure she was fine a minute later, but not nice.
She has been having a good time so far but getting a bit tired.  Next week the end of year fun activities start, so that'll be interesting (and exhausting). DH is going along on one, and I am going on another, so those days will be fine, although might make the other days harder!

Trying to catch up on the housework and washing today. So far my child free time this week has been entirely spent doing office work and errands, and it shows! The house is a bomb site. Exciting times here!!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #16641 on: November 26, 2014, 02:33:23 am »
I have the paper stash as well mcmich but really love making cards and its a good thing to do with GKs as well. One day I would love to have one of those machines that cut out the shapes and emboss paper; one day that is.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16642 on: November 26, 2014, 04:32:11 am »
Jo it is much harder for Mum than the child. I have experienced both sides. As a teacher and as a Mum. The kids usually settle down once Mum has gone, but you are left with the vision of an upset child. DD hated school and her first teacher was very wise. Her comment was that we had made home too much fun.  :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #16643 on: November 26, 2014, 06:25:57 am »
I have the paper stash as well mcmich but really love making cards and its a good thing to do with GKs as well. One day I would love to have one of those machines that cut out the shapes and emboss paper; one day that is.

I love paper and card making supplies, especially bling. I have a cuttlebug for cutting and embossing, would love a cricut but like you, one day.

Jo it is much harder for Mum than the child. I have experienced both sides. As a teacher and as a Mum. The kids usually settle down once Mum has gone, but you are left with the vision of an upset child. DD hated school and her first teacher was very wise. Her comment was that we had made home too much fun.  :D

Very good advise Cookie. My DD who is a teacher now, cried when I picked her up so obviously our home wasn't much fun.  :-\
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16644 on: November 26, 2014, 07:06:14 am »
I'm sure it was Mich. It is so traumatic when your child cries and yells and the teacher has to pry them off the parent. Then before poor Mum is at the car the child is playing happily. Mum is left with the vision all day. I don't know why some children cry and others don't. Just to stress Mum probably.  ;D ;D ;D

We've just had a visit from a couple of DD's friends who are getting married on Saturday and the old car is the bridal car. Such a lovely couple and so happily in love. It is beautiful the way he looks after her.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:07:55 am by cookie1 »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16645 on: November 26, 2014, 07:06:46 am »
My DD who is a teacher now, cried when I picked her up so obviously our home wasn't much fun.  :-\

:D :D :D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:16:34 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #16646 on: November 26, 2014, 08:14:04 am »
thats too funny  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #16647 on: November 27, 2014, 09:39:13 am »
Today I was privileged to attend Tenina's Merry Christmix Too class and what a great morning it was; Tenina is so generous and warm and the atmosphere was there with all the attendees. The food was fantastic as well and I will now cook some things I have not done before; Cookie, I agree those peanut chips were amazing and so were the little balls on page 12 although I don't usually eat marzipan but will try and give it a miss.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16648 on: November 27, 2014, 12:39:40 pm »
Thanks Troupie. I will have to try the page 12 things. Actually I will have a peek now. I was sorry to miss out on these classes as I love the fun of them. I didn't book as I knew I wouldn't be able to drive. Next time hopefully.

Mini Christmas Ball Truffles are on page 12. DDIs having a Christmas stall next week to raise some money for decorations so I may make these. They look lovely.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:42:29 pm by cookie1 »

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #16649 on: November 28, 2014, 05:30:04 am »
Today we had a Adelaide girls catch up lunch before Xmas. Lots of fun and gossip with Judy, Kerry, Sue & Karen.

Trudy we missed you 😃

Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child