Author Topic: Thermomix vs Hotmixpro (gastro)  (Read 83604 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Thermomix vs Hotmixpro (gastro)
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2012, 03:41:56 pm »
HotMixPro, you mentioned that the Gastro is $2500. I thought I read that it was $4000.

The Varoma does it for me with the TMX. So much more versatile and I can cook a whole meal. I don't want to cook any higher than 114 anyway. I don't make things like liquid caramel and honeycomb, so I don't see the purpose.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2012, 01:55:48 am »
without going back reading through all the posts, there are 2x HMP. One is more suitable for the domestic market (ie. the cheaper one $2500) and the Gastro one (I think) is aimed more towards the professional chef/restaurateur
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline HotmixPRO

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2012, 02:21:08 am »
Pricing for the HMP machines are

The Gastro - $2395.00 + GST

and

The Easy - $1895.00 + GST

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2012, 03:23:20 am »
Pricing for the HMP machines are

The Gastro - $2395.00 + GST

and

The Easy - $1895.00 + GST

Thank you HotmixPro. Best always get get the correct info from the horses mouth. Not that I  think you are a horse.

If ever I have to get my Thermomix repaired I doubt HO would be pleased to get MY machine. Might never get it back or it might be bugged. LOL! In that case I  would be looking seriously at either of your machines even though I love my Thermomix.

We are all looking forward to Tenina's reviews as she is trustworthy  to give an honest opinion.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

stacelee

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2012, 03:51:33 am »
I'd really love to get another jug for my Thermomix (even tho I do have the two for the Thermochef)...I can't tell you the number of times I have all three jugs drying in the sink.  I just can't bring myself at the moment to give more money to HQ.  I was hoping to pick up a second jug when I was in Munich a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately we didn't get to the shop.  It fascinates me that they are now opening Vorwerk stores in Germany, but we still have to deal with only one dealer in Australia.  It is really good to see that the market is opening up with more options in machines for people here and that some appear to be true competitors.  Unfortunately I'm down one machine as of last night when my Kenwood stopped cooking....it now has to go into hospital for the second time in three months :(.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2012, 03:56:16 am »
After all the bullying of consultants HO are doing, and the way they are treating Tenina, I would not be buying another TMX. I do feel for the consultants though, this is their job and it is being jeapardised by the childish behaviour of HO. I love knowing that I am supporting a local, but will not tolerate giving HO my hard earned $$$$.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2012, 04:18:48 am »
There are more than a few of us who feel that way. I Imagine all the nay sayers  to TMX are having a good laugh. Those who desire one are probably looking at alternatives rather  than do  business  with HO.

What a shame stacelee. Could you get a friend to buy another jug in Germany and send it? I hope the doctor fixes your  Kenwood.

Nothing will change anyone's behaviour in any way  unless  a few speak up for others who are unable to do so. That is why bullies are so successful. They live to put fear into others. Nasty business bullying.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2012, 04:42:37 am »
I am currently running a Special, until the end of the week (04/05/2012) an extra bowl and blade assemble free with each order of either a Gastro or an Easy. Inbox me for dealer contact in your state

I am so tempted. I low having "back up". I am gunna have a look at just what this Hotmix does  does.

Gert

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2012, 05:41:31 am »
have the forum rules  changed. i have a few things for sale 2  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2012, 05:56:38 am »
have the forum rules  changed. i have a few things for sale 2  ;D

Ok show us what you've got. LOL!

Gert

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2012, 06:19:43 am »
Frank is NOT for sale Uni..... You can hire him out for domestic chores though  ;D
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

mcmich

« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2012, 07:39:47 am »
I'ld like to see what you have for sale Uni.

stacelee

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2012, 08:36:41 am »
I have two teenagers going cheap...and would consider all reasonable offers :). Partially domesticated.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2012, 09:03:47 am »
I have two teenagers going cheap...and would consider all reasonable offers :). Partially domesticated.
What about an offer of buy one get one free ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2012, 09:10:13 am »
Investigation going on. ;) More news later.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/