Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7987671 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #28890 on: January 03, 2016, 07:10:54 pm »
Thanks Marina.
Enjoy your holiday and your cooking :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #28891 on: January 03, 2016, 07:52:49 pm »
Morning all.
Katie, good luck with your project.  I like the sound of this challenge. Let us know how you go. I have been desperately trying to get the freezers down. To day we are having a carrier come to look at what we want to take to our new house so that we can' camp' there after we settle in 2 months. .
It is lovely and cool here and we had 1/4 inch of rain yesterday.
Very interested in FF, depending on what is happening with selling house.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #28892 on: January 03, 2016, 07:59:53 pm »
Good Morning All  ;D

Rainy and much cooler today, very pleasant actually.

Katie, your challenge sounds very interesting. I'm trying to get our freezer and pantry down too.
Hope you're feeling better soon CC.
Enjoy your well earned holiday and cooking Marina.

All the best to those heading back to work today.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #28893 on: January 03, 2016, 09:04:10 pm »
enjoy your holiday Marina.
 back to work today, for us.

then to organize  back to school.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28894 on: January 03, 2016, 10:49:38 pm »
Good morning forum friends.

Marina, you and DH deserve this much needed break and I hope it doesn't take long for your unsettled tummy to settle down once you start eating as you normally do.  You'll look back on this time and wonder how you did it.

Such a lovely house to 'camp out' in Chookie, you'll be kept busy going back and forth between the properties.  Hopefully a buyer is not too far from discovering your current property.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #28895 on: January 03, 2016, 11:52:17 pm »
Good morning everyone.  A lovely cool morning here.

Katie, your challenge sounds very interesting.

I hope you're feeling better soon CC.

Enjoy your holiday and cooking Marina.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #28896 on: January 04, 2016, 01:31:17 am »
Enjoy your well deserved holiday Marina, sounds like you have certainly earned a rest!

I hope you're feeling better today CC.
I also hope a buyer is just around the corner for you Chookie.

I think the challenge will be good for me and I'm quite excited about it.  It will be easy to start with - I have a freezer full of meat, 2 dozen eggs, various vegies and a overflowing pantry.   As the stocks go down and we run out of vegies, then it will become harder.  Also I'm back to work on Wednesday, so less time will make it more difficult. 

I went to Costco today, as I wanted to buy a new Fitbit and I knew they had what I wanted on special.  My old Fitbit died last year, so I thought I'd get a replacement.  Quickest Costco trip ever!  Bought the Fitbit and 2 x 2L of organic milk (milk cost $8.38 so I'm well into my $21 budget).  Had my blinkers on and didn't look at anything else so I wasn't tempted!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28897 on: January 04, 2016, 02:28:53 am »
Great will power Katie.
Marina, you poor girl. Isn't it funny how our bodies rebel if they get fed different food?  They know what works best for them.
CC take care of yourself.
Chookie I think of your beautiful home and wonder why people aren't queueing up to buy it. Someone will discover it soon.

Another hot one today. I'm over it. ( it didn't take long)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

« Reply #28898 on: January 04, 2016, 03:31:28 am »
Sorry you aren't enjoying the weather cookie but I am we took the kids to the beach last night for a fish didn't catch anything but it was a beautiful sunset
Dh back to work today so I'll do some baking and cleaning

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #28899 on: January 04, 2016, 04:48:05 am »
Lol Cookie, I said to DH yesterday "bring on Winter".  I used to enjoy Summer, but not as much anymore.
DH returned to work today and had to start earlier than usual, alarm went off at 4am. I knew it was going to be hot and muggy so I got up with him, had breakfast, read the paper then got stuck into the cleaning. I had finished doing everything by 8.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #28900 on: January 04, 2016, 04:50:17 am »
Suzanne, lovely photo, thanks.
Cookie, thanks for your nice comments.  We were rung  by the Estate Agent and had 1 hour to get the house ready for an inspection. I was in the middle of making jam.
We have now had 3 interested groups. What is really curious is that the husbands have all loved the property but the wives think that the 25 acres is too much. This is interesting as until recently( and we are in our late 70's ) we have loved the space that the 25 acres has provided. We have native orchids, lots of native animals and birds and cut wood for our winter fires. The house is easy to live in and the temperature easily moderated, except for extremes of heat and cold , by opening and closing doors and windows. No lights are needed during the day. Why are we down sizing? We are doing it before we have to. We also want to spend more time with our GC.
Back to the jam!!

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #28901 on: January 04, 2016, 05:07:17 am »
Chookie, your house that you are selling is a picture in an ideal setting, and I understand why you are moving.
Do you think women generally look ahead and think of the potential problems in having 25 acres to deal with down the track. I'm not saying all men, but some I know would not think of the what if's down the track.
I'm sure the lucky new owner will find it soon.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28902 on: January 04, 2016, 05:30:36 am »
Lovely photo suzanne.

Chookie could a new owner sell off the excess land they don't want?  Hopefully one of the interested parties will bite the bullet and talk his wife around.  Women do seem to have the final say these days though I've noticed.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #28903 on: January 04, 2016, 05:38:02 am »
Lovely sunset Suzanne.

I think it is very sensible to downsize before you have to Chookie. Good to do it while you have health on your side and have control over the situation. DH and I have been going to downsize for over 2 years now. Something always comes up though. No urgency for us really while we are still in our mid fifties. We've looked at houses and while it would be convenient to be closer to town and less land to look after, the houses seem very close to each other.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28904 on: January 04, 2016, 07:31:12 am »
Hi friends,
Good news about the interest in your house Chookie.Fingers crossed that it leads to an offer.
Fantastic photo Suzanne.Enjoy the hot weather  ;) Keep cool Cookie and Katj. :)
Feeling so much better this morning :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 07:41:34 am by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.