Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036219 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26550 on: November 19, 2022, 04:16:59 am »
Thanks girls nearly on the mend . Hope your eye recovers quickly .
There is bad weather predictions for today tonight and we are off to twins 21st in a  wool shed ! Let’s hope it doesn’t rain and not too cold . DH Omitted that he had house keys in his wallet too. So lucky . MIL well she is in Ballarat base and the Patient next to her has Covid as of yesterday arvo , ward locked down with her in it !!! I’m a lot concerned, DH DD missed out seeing her , this is possibly a good thing . So frustrating as doing tests but not knowing really what is going on .
DS is studying for his exams this week . He came home saying his year level have moved into the year 12 common room already . Life moves on very quickly .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26551 on: November 19, 2022, 10:08:11 am »
That is worrying news about your MIL K Atie, I hope she doesn't contract COVID on top of everything else.

By now you will have had the storm passing through.  We had it here too.  Very heavy rain, lots of thunder and lightning but, thankfully, no wind.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26552 on: November 19, 2022, 10:25:13 am »
Looks like a lot of us had the storm. We had a doosie this afternoon and preceding that, everyone I’ve spoken to was woken by thunder at 3 am this morning. More to come tomorrow (Sunday).

I had something similar done some years back Marina, I don’t remember being bruised but I do remember the pain. TVs are certainly different than they were 15 years ago, have fun trying to work out your new one if neither of you are technically minded.

Poor MIL K Atie, fingers crossed she will be OK. Enjoy your night out, I hope the wool shed is reasonably waterproof.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26553 on: November 19, 2022, 09:41:11 pm »
We had a great night in a very sturdy wool shed , but once there a huge downpour roaring thunder so we all just ate and enjoyed. DS had rearranged his room put his desk back into his bedroom. DH early this morning took DD to train station to go out to lunch in the city ! Resting this am , DS better get up and relight the fire that he forgot about last night .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26554 on: November 20, 2022, 12:34:40 pm »
Caught up with a few friends today. Some visited and a couple on the phone.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26555 on: November 21, 2022, 07:41:00 pm »
Great to catch up with everyone. The weather has been unreal. It is extremely cold with very gusty strong wind. The new house has good zoned heating. We are still getting used to it. Finally got the dishwasher to work. Still got too much stuff. The builder who cut the hole for the lift also did a couple of extra small jobs for us. He refused payment as RAL made him coffee each day. I’m not baking yet . Still trying to get things placed. 2 more boxes for OP shop and very full recycle bins.
GC set up big TV , printer and 2 Apple Home devices at the weekend. We are enjoying the view from the upstairs windows. Something is always happening in the park.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26556 on: November 21, 2022, 10:21:28 pm »
Chookie you will be very pleased once the lift is up and working . DD was sorting her things and the recycle and ,and recycle bins will be extremely full this week .
Unfortunately yesterday MIL has Covid moved her into a Covid ward this is a Ballarat base public ! All her tests cannot be done now like MRI . it’s not what one wants to hear at all .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26557 on: November 22, 2022, 11:19:22 am »
Not good news K Atie.

I can imagine your view of the park Chookie. It’s lovely to have a pleasant outlook.

Yesterday we saw the lawyer who is sorting MIL’s will. Small steps but hopefully it will get sorted now. This man seems very efficient. 

Today I had a KAtie day. I went to the hairdresser, then over to DFO to pick up some sneakers, then to pick up a couple of things DD had ordered at the local Westfield. Home for lunch and then over to another local shopping centre to the Bg W for DD again. At least I easily got my 10,000 steps.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26558 on: November 23, 2022, 10:35:58 am »
Cookie you made me laugh I do stop a lot too . Well done on fitting so much in .
Chookie that view must be very special.
Cleaned up bugs behind a couch . DD mowed the back garden ! Not the front or the mower would be bogged . Took a wheelbarrow of garden rubbish to the burn pile . Mosquitoes biting right through my jeans . I now spray the back door with crawling insect spray , hoping this will stop them coming in or us all bitten when we put our boots shoes on .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26559 on: November 23, 2022, 11:42:06 am »
I did my grocery shopping today.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26560 on: November 24, 2022, 07:46:57 am »
Supermarket shopping yesterday and then a trip to the library.
Mostly cooking today and a little bit of reading.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26561 on: November 24, 2022, 08:04:10 am »
Not sure if I said earlier but DD got her Ps the other day in and even got 100% . So since then just not driven yesterday she went to the other farm and washed her DG car ! Today I collected mail it had the hard license in the mail . A  GF rang and asked her over ... looks like my car is the go to at the moment. Only problem was there was massive water over the road , we sorted I went to look in DH car and she then went the really long way , glad it was close to home . Now I’ve cooked dinner no one home , maybe it might be dinner for tomorrow night when we are all home !

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26562 on: November 25, 2022, 11:41:09 am »
DD had done some more click and collect so. Went up to the local Westfield again, with the people chasing Black Friday bargains. I have never seen it so busy. I did pick up a couple of bargains.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26563 on: November 27, 2022, 11:04:32 am »
Oh forgot to say DD collected her DB from boarding school early morning he finished year 11 exams off till Tuesday, they did the grocery shopping and took themselves out to lunch all on me . Today I tried to clean up the breezeway all day many trips to the recycle bin and landfill bin , cleaned up all those pesky bugs , rather sore tonight . Really doesn’t look like I’ve done anything much , oh well I know I have bring on tomorrow. DD is also trying to sort out her room , all the uni gear from the whole year too. Really hope we make more of an impact this week .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26564 on: November 27, 2022, 12:18:20 pm »
Not a lot. A bit of cooking. Then a friend dropped in.