Author Topic: Hi from Adelaide!  (Read 4733 times)

Offline tmfi

• View Profile
Hi from Adelaide!
« on: January 25, 2010, 09:48:41 am »
I'm a very new TM owner and loving it - I'm actually looking for excuses to cook for the first time in my life! Can someone tell me how I request help with a recipe. I am needing to make tahini to make hommus. Also when a reply is posted - do I get notified? Thank you.

Offline KL_inTheMiX

• View Profile
Re: Hi from Adelaide!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 09:56:15 am »
Hi TMFI,
I'm a new Adelaide owner (once he arrives) of a TMX too.
From what I've read on this forum, the CHIT CHAT page is probably a good place to start asking questions.
Not sure about email notifications of replies to your posts though. I just click on the link in the USER INFO tab at the top of each page.
Hope that helps, and look forward to hearing of your new adventures!!!!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 10:13:05 am »
Hi TMFI
Hope you enjoy your new cooking life.  You can ask questions in different places, depending on what is logical for the question.  It depends on the question.

At the bottom of your post, there is an option "Notify".  Basically you'll get an email that says that someone has responded to your post.  But it doesn't include the post.  So I find it more useful to use the "Show new replies to your posts" option to track what I've been most interested in.

Hope that helps.
Cathy
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 11:50:41 am »
Hi TMFI, welcome to our forum.  Where abouts in this good city of Adelaide do you live - we seem to have people in the north, west and hills area that I know of (not forgetting Julie in Whyalla).  Last year 3 of us met in a coffee shop near the market and we hope to do so again early this year.  Notification will be posted on this forum when it is arranged so all newcomers please look out for that if you are interested in joining us.  We do look for excuses to cook, you are spot on there.  Have fun with your TMX and just fire away with any questions - someone will answer them for you.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 12:10:17 pm »
Hi and welcome TMFI. It's great to have you on the forum.  As Cathy said, someone will be able to answer your questions. Most of us still make lots of enquiries.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 10:23:22 pm »
Welcome

with tahini - check this thread http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2851.0

With Recipe request - best to post here http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?board=41.0

Always good to do a Search too to see if anybody else has been looking for the same info.  Sorry, it was easier when the Forum was small.

Also - always remember to ask your consultant too - she may have a recipe or be able to quickly access one.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 01:29:31 am »
Welcome tmfi
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 02:01:17 am »
Welcome Tmfi,  I'm also from Adelaide (edwood Park).  Hope to meet up with you soon.

Trudy

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 02:03:07 pm »
Welcome! Don't be too worried about where to post certain things. They'll be moved by mods if in the wrong spot. You'll get the hang of it soon.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Lexi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 09:04:33 am »
Hi I'm from ADelaide Hills, and new to TM too
Mum to 2 preschoolers and a mobile baby, SA