Author Topic: Slow Cooker Pasta/Tomato Sauce - I'm sure its on here somewhere  (Read 4063 times)

stacelee

Slow Cooker Pasta/Tomato Sauce - I'm sure its on here somewhere
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:51:42 am »
I'm not sure if anyone can help me.  I'm sure I found a recipe on here a while ago for a pasta/tomato/passata/marinara sauce that you cooked overnight in a slow cooker.  I made it and bottled quite a few jars...we have now run out and I've been able to score a large shopping bag of tomatoes from Woolies for $3 and I want to make some more and of course I now can't find the recipe.  I thought it might have been one that Uni posted about but I'm not sure.  Thanks for any help

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Slow Cooker Pasta/Tomato Sauce - I'm sure its on here somewhere
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:01:10 pm »
I've looked around on the forum but can't see a recipe that is cooked in the slow cooker stacelee.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 12:15:04 am »
I spent some time last time trawling through a couple of hundred of Uni's early postings as it does seem like something she would post about stacelee.  I am wondering though if it was from CarolineW who makes a pasta sauce and adds things to it to convert it to chilli con carne etc.  Here it is.

"Here are the ingredients I put in the last one.  Please bear in mind that it's very flexible, according to what I have to hand.  Also, sometimes I forget to chop the onion and garlic first, so they aren't sauteed.  To be honest, I can never tell the difference in the final dish. I forgot this time, so I've posted it honestly.

1 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 unpeeled carrot
1 unpeeled courgette (zucchini)
1 unpeeled beetroot
1 large parsnip (peeled as old and tough)
Some sage and rosemary leaves
65g oats

4 seconds / speed 5

Bunch of cabbage leaves
1 pak choi

Added on top of other bits.  3 seconds / speed 5

Put into slow cooker with:

500g mince
1 very heaped tsp veg stock concentrate,
pepper
can chopped tomatoes
slosh red wine (sometimes use a dash of balsamic instead)
1 tbsp tomato puree
c 400 mls hot water

Stir it all through with wooden spoon and cook.

If I had been planning to do all tomato dishes I would have put in another can of tomatoes and slightly less water.  As it happened, I did - spaghetti bolognaise, chilli, and nachos.  But I had planned to do a shepherd's pie originally, so I kept it to a recipe which allowed me to add more tomatoes or gravy in the final dish.

So for the bolognaise I added more chopped tomatoes, thyme and oregano.   For the chilli I added more chopped tomatoes, chilli and a little bit of cocoa powder, and kidney beans.  For the nachos I added a jar of salsa (sorry, I know I should have made it from scratch!) then baked over nachos, sprinkled with grated cheese (grated in tmx) and served with salad and guacamole (which was made from scratch in the tmx"

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

stacelee

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 12:18:12 am »
Thanks for looking...I really appreciate it.  That one is ringing bells except I don't remember putting oats in it.  I'll give it a go and see how it turns out.