Author Topic: spatula / brush kits for thermomix  (Read 30557 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: spatula / brush kits for thermomix
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 11:25:32 am »
Just waiting for a email from Helene to tell me when the kits come back in stock.Last time I missed the email notification as  I was shopping and in those two hours she had sold out again :o :o Be vigilant ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 11:35:41 am »
What a bugger cornishcream. Hopefully she will get  some in soon if not it is worth the wait.. My guess is that she will do her best  to fill all the orders as quickly as possible just like Tenina.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 12:26:14 pm »
Gertbysea - thanks for the link . . and for the laugh!!   

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3489.0

Hmmm . . . you really sure that wasn't TMXer in that photo??  lol

KL_inTheMiX  "don't use an old one."   (sorry! still can't get the quote button to work :-[ )    Now that's what I would call a really economical move!  One brush does all!!!   cordite dust in the TMX . .. . rising dough piping out of a gun barrel :-)) :-))  :o :o

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 12:33:42 pm »
I came across the thread about using a gun brush to clean the blades just the other day and I couldn't stop laughing at the conversation - you guys just crack me up!

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 11:23:39 pm »
Wow! I have to confess I've been buried in Spatula Kit orders for the past 10 days or so (What day is it today ???) and am just now coming to the surface to visit the forum. What a surprise to see people talking about the Super Spatula!  :o ;D

Thanks to all who ordered Kitchen Kits! :-* Yes, response was waaaaay more than I could have predicted, so I ran out of the first shipment within about 24 hours. Then the second shipment arrived and same thing. But the next shipment is HUGE and will more than cover everyone's needs for quite a while so I don't foresee any more "out of stock" situations. Ever.

As the response was beyond all predictions and some people were of course disappointed, I really want to say special thanks to those who haven't ordered yet. That's all of you (hundreds of you!) who are patiently waiting for "back in stock" notices to arrive by email. (Kits should be fully available in the next two weeks.) If you've signed up to that "notify me" service, a one-time email gets sent automatically as soon as the stock is re-entered to the system, so it's really instant and easy, (no obligation to buy either.)

I also want to say that I've been very impressed with the delivery time to Australia. I think someone in Oz had spatulas arrive FOUR days after ordering :o. (Yikes, that's just crazy, but in a good way!) I know the timing will vary greatly within Australia itself, but so far so good. I was expecting at least two weeks for delivery time and so far the average appears to be one week.

Also, I want to give a great big nod of thanks to Gertbysea who inspired me to look at brushes in the first place. Her long-ago comment about the gun-cleaning brush got me looking at brushes in a whole new way. Truth is, I've been researching brushes since the day her comment went up in this forum! I did buy and looked at many gun brushes and thought... "Nope, I don't want to use a gun brush in my kitchen cuz I don't like how that makes me feel inside.." (I'm just too much of a pacifist  :-* So then I looked at medical brushes, lab brushes etc and they were all too expensive. Toothbrushes didn't fit under the blades as I wanted. Finally found this great little double-ended dual-purpose brush that does exactly what we need it to do. Perfect for getting sticky dough out from the blade mechanism when necessary. Not always of course, as Thermomix does clean itself quite nicely... but sometimes you just need to take it apart and get right in there under and between the stem of the blades. You know what I mean ;).

So thanks to Gertbysea for her eye-opening forum post about the brush that got it all started. If she weren't always so darned funny, and one of the most (if not the most) entertaining forum member, I would never have read or thought about exploring brushes.

I think I better submit this now, before my session times out for the second time!

Cheers,
H.
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 01:38:53 am »
OMG just had the best laugh (I need one atm) after reading the gun brush thread.

I would go into the local shop and ask for one but they might think I am planning on killing DH.  :D
The joys of living in a small town where everyone knows everyone. I will end up having a visit from our local cop  :-X

Will look at getting some from Helene once things settle down here. Having to drive to Sydney for a funeral will wipe out most of my funds atm.

DG
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 01:47:39 am »
Sorry for your having a sad trip to Sydney DG. Something we all must do from time to time, more lately at my age.

Glad you had a good laugh about the gun brush. Several places here to buy them but I have to say Helene's brush is far better and more useful. Put them on your wish list along with the super spatula. That thing is the best ever by far. Just when you think you do not need another kitchen thing eh? Same with cookbooks.

And to Helene...aw shucks.

Gretch

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2012, 05:44:59 am »
I forgot to tell you all that the SuperThermomix Brush that Helene has is also very good for cleaning the keyboard of the computer. Brilliant a twofer!

Gert

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 06:30:07 am »
That's a "Super" idea Gertbysea, except maybe for the Super "THERMOMIX" brush. ;) I love your enthusiasm :-* but in deference to Vorwerk I am uber careful about using/overusing the "T" word. :-X (Some forum members might recall that I was made to take down my original blog because it contained the "T" word in its title, so I've become quite sensitive and cautious about such things.) That's why I started "Super Kitchen Machine" instead. Figured I needed to find another way to refer to it, and since it is after all, a super wonderful kitchen machine, that name just fit perfectly.

So to be clear again... this is not a Thermomix brush, but the Great Little Brush and Super Spatula do fit the Super Kitchen Machine quite well. Hope that's all sorted now. Oh, by the way, in case anyone is still confused... I don't work for Vorwerk, and I don't represent Vorwerk or Thermomix in any way. Nope, am not and never have been a demonstrator, but you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Thermomix fan anywhere.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:09:11 am by ThermomixBlogger »
ThermomixBlogger Helene

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 06:46:03 am »
Ah, so that's why your blog had a name change Helene.  Never knew that.  Have to agree with you regarding Gertie too, she is and has always been worth a laugh or two.  People appreciate efforts made by loyal TMX fans and show their appreciation by ordering products not supplied by HO so I think there is room for everyone in this big TMX world.  A bit of competition hurts no-one.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:08:32 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2012, 01:43:30 am »
Mine arrived yesterday and I am very happy with it. Used it this morning for hollandaise sauce and it cleaned the bowl really well.

My TM spatula is looking very sad with chewed up edges, so pleased with this one.

Great design helene.

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2012, 02:47:24 am »
Hi Elle G. -- Glad to hear you got yours already... From what I can see, it took about 11 days to reach you. Not too bad, as things can take much longer than that to get from one end of Canada to the other  ;)

I just wanted to remind you that the silicone Super Spatula is not as 'tough' as the plastic of the TMX spatula. The silicone will get chewed up too, and I am cautious when digging around near the blades. (I discuss this in the FAQ section of the store.) That said, I still feel this "Super Spatula" is the best one to get the job done in Thermomix. I replace mine about every six months and I don't mind doing so at all. I keep trying other spatulas but never found anything yet that I prefer. One of the things I really like about this one (not mentioned on the video) is that the grip is so comfortable. For some reason, it just feels better in hand than any of the others tried. Works equally well for left or right hand  ;)

Thanks again Elle G.  :)
ThermomixBlogger Helene

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2012, 04:21:17 am »
Helene, I was very surprised at how quick the parcel arrived - I can wait up to one month for Australian goods!

I only used the spatula for the sides, as I thought the blades might be a bit sharp for it. My son also has a TM, so he said he will share the set with me  :) My husband also said to tell you, he used it after making bread and he was impressed.  ;D

Thanks again
Elle

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2012, 04:39:10 am »
Hi  ElleG, I am so glad to see that you too  think the Super Spatula is great. I am most surprised that others have not  posted about it on on the forum. Almost seems like a conspiracy of silence as so many have expressed their dislike of the TMX spatula and Helene is selling out as soon as she gets them in. I am going to buy some more as soon as. I never want to be without one nor do my friends I have  shown. Doesn't matter to me if they own a Thermomix or not this is a great product for cooks. Helene deserves a big thank you for sourcing this. I am going to have to tell her. Oh no she may see it here anyway. Don't want to go overboard she might put the price up!. ;D ;D

Gert In pool  cooling off in the heat.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2012, 04:49:42 am »
I am waiting patiently for mine to arrive, next week I will start stalking the postman :D so cant comment about how great it is yet, I am one of those  that dislikes  the TMX spatula its not designed for left handed people.
Thanks Helene for making these available.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!