Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6075181 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22680 on: March 31, 2019, 09:14:22 pm »
Pulling out the lasts of the Summer veggie plants and planting up for Winter/ Spring.
Planting flowers in our Mediterranean garden area.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22681 on: April 01, 2019, 08:55:43 am »
DD had a hair appointment today so I tagged along and spent 3 hours wandering round. I quite enjoyed it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22682 on: April 06, 2019, 07:59:48 am »
Yesterday we collect DD and DS ,went to parent teacher interviews, picked up boarding gear and did a few minutes food shop . Prawn pizza for dinner in the car . Home DS decides at 8pm to rearrange his bedroom furniture...Oops first melt down by me , a quick turn the bed etc back as it was never done ..mmm think I will have to be a little more calm .
Today was a quiet start dropped DH and DS to the bus at fire station, we will join them tomorrow, off they go to Bendigo . Tomorrow is the State junior fire brigade championships . So myself and a friend and DD will leave 6.30 am and DH can drive home .
Meanwhile the interviews informed us how much homework to be done over the holidays, what holiday ! Feel for DD but then the term is so short and Vis Com 3-4 is huge folio work , plus Studio Arts 1-2 . I just sorted a few piles of magazines and half tied a big pile of dumped gear .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22683 on: April 06, 2019, 08:52:27 am »
K Atie life certainly sounds hectic at your place. I feel for DS and DD with homework to do over the holidays.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22684 on: April 06, 2019, 09:14:46 am »
It’s fine Cookie DD is year 11 with one yr 12 subject , so it is normal but like you I do feel for her but positive is all I can do .

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22685 on: April 07, 2019, 10:34:24 pm »
OK daylight savings is killing me , waking up at 5am . Big day yesterday drove to Bendigo and back., DH was unwell playing in those bumpy go carts the night before ,all the grown men had headaches from trashing around in the go carts . DD and I went to officeworks to print A3 folio work , that was a bonus saved a day trip . DS did OK but no wins . Visited the first aid tent with DS as he was limping , strapped his knee he looked like a footy player . Feel for DS as his limbs frowning so fast there always seem to be something wrong . Please be nothing else . Stopped at Aldi on way home and Girlfriend and I grabbed an easy dinner , chicken Kiev and potato gratin .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22686 on: April 08, 2019, 12:21:48 am »
I am exhausted just reading about your day yesterday, Katie.  Hope DS recovers soon.

With daylight saving over, the later waking time this morning was like a long lie for me ... bliss!!  I don't manage to stay in bed much after 5.00 am, so I was determined to be just a bit lazier this morning ... didn't even go to gym!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #22687 on: April 08, 2019, 02:51:55 am »
Katie, you have such a busy lifeit's hard to keep up with you.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22688 on: April 08, 2019, 10:26:41 am »
I have been sleeping in until almost 8, bliss for me. One more week and I will be back to normal get up time,6.30am

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22689 on: April 08, 2019, 12:06:27 pm »
So I think I feel better that you all say I'm so busy , better as in that I'm always  exhausted . Mind you when people say kids keep you young ... I just raise my eyebrows. Love my kids .
Spent the day sorting messy house . DS rearranged his room and sorted too. DD did homework . We all moved sheep across the road in the rain this afternoon . Job done . Off to quilting tomorrow while DD DS and DH do sheep drenching . Not sure still about daylight saving as I feel like jet lag , wake so early 5am .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22690 on: April 08, 2019, 08:47:45 pm »
Yesterday spent morning in Hospital then went with DD to pick up GS at Torquay. Hours in the car with lots of talking.  Went to amazing food shop called Peaches. Like our Wilson’s only more healthy choices.  Expensive.
KAtie, have been reading with interest about your kids and homework.  Senior kids who do Art subjects can expect to spend 50% more time studying than kids doing other subjects.  Doesn’t seem fair but they usually enjoy the work.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22691 on: April 08, 2019, 10:24:10 pm »
Wow that's a lot Chookie , but yes she does enjoy it so that's the benefit and next year just Studio which will mean one folio . Our dinning room table is covered with A3 work ,yet to say it can expand it out each end . Hope Ral is having a better time .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22692 on: April 09, 2019, 10:12:15 am »
DD and I went to a High Coffee that was to feature Ruby chocolate. It was very light, but very enjoyable. The food was more pink than ruby chocolate but it was still nice. DD was disappointed as her tea was a tea bag, yet we were at the Crown.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 01:04:13 pm by cookie1 »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22693 on: April 09, 2019, 12:40:09 pm »
I would have been too cookie, who serves tea bags at a high tea!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22694 on: April 10, 2019, 05:16:02 pm »
Met friends for coffee. I hadn’t been to this coffee shop before. It was really good. Lovely catching up with everyone's news.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.