Author Topic: New Thermomix Book.....Quick Fix In The Thermomix.  (Read 79905 times)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Re: New Thermomix Book.....Quick Fix In The Thermomix.
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2012, 10:21:14 am »
It will be great if someone fixes the typo MANGEMENT in the heading...under the main heading in our forum!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2012, 10:34:27 am »
Courton, I have sent a message to MM to see if he can fix this - Cookie & I are unable to change it ourselves.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2012, 01:13:36 pm »
oh my! this arrived today and looks great. Spoilt for choice on what to cook first...think I will use this book a lot
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2012, 01:16:53 pm »
I look forward to your reviews CP.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2012, 02:04:02 pm »
I saw this book out some time back but nobody seems to Know Whois this woman Is and there Is no info anywhere???

Im all for buying thx Books and have bought dani's and Will buy teninas but like to Know who Is behind them and just find it strange That nobody seems able to answer this question!  Who Is Alyce Alexandra??? 
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2012, 06:38:11 pm »
Twitterpated, your comments reminded me of this web site.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline alyce alexandra

• View Profile
    • alyce alexandra cookbooks
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2012, 07:01:30 pm »
Hi Frozzie,

I am your mystery lady! Please check out my introduction on the forum -http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=8504.0

I have been long meaning to put a bit of a blurb on myself on my website but haven't prioritised it. I am a long standing Thermomix customer obsessed with all things cooking! It is through this passion that my love of the Thermomix developed - as I am sure you know, it just makes so many things possible. For many years now I have been creating, testing and photographing my own TM recipes, which with the help of photographers and a design team have now been published in "Quick Fix in the Thermomix."

I am based in Melbourne and know many of the group leaders and consultants down here. My business partner and sister Loryn has also been doing much of the promotion work so I would say by now more people may know her than me!

More on me to follow on my website - I will keep you updated.

Thank you for the interest, any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Happy Cooking,
Alyce

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2012, 07:20:49 pm »
Alyce, I know you can't turn back time but after having a TMX and being so in love with it for 7 years I'm surprised you have not joined the forum long before now. The timing to me makes it look like you decided this would be a good place to sell a few books without too much effort and no cost, a definite marketing/sales move. Good luck to you but it's a shame we haven't seen you on here before offering some of your wisdom.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2012, 08:37:37 pm »
Are these new recipes or conversion of existing recipes?

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2012, 08:39:48 pm »
Thanks for thé reply Alyce

I am wondering did you havé à blog or site pré book over all of thé years That you photographed and tested food etc??  IF so what was it?  Most of us photograph our thermie recipes etc but mainly for blogs, forums or other...im just asking as i previously mentioned i couldnt find any trace of you online pré this book launch????  Would be interested to hear Your réponse.

:)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2012, 09:28:20 pm »
Actually the issue of adequately testing the recipes was something in my mind as well. AWW, for example, triple tests their recipes to ensure that they work every time - tweaking recipes on the forum is great and valuable but we don't pay for the recipes. But if we are paying for the cookbook I would like a bit more information on the author's background, experience other than a general interest in the product.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:30:18 pm by courton »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2012, 09:53:53 pm »
Courton, I have sent a message to MM to see if he can fix this - Cookie & I are unable to change it ourselves.
You will all be thrilled to notice that MM has fixed the word Management in the heading on the Home page - thank you MM, that was a quick response.  :-*

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2012, 10:15:22 pm »
Fabulous! Thank you!

Offline alyce alexandra

• View Profile
    • alyce alexandra cookbooks
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2012, 03:52:30 am »
Hi Wonder, Frozzie and Courton, 

Thanks for your feedback. I recently joined the forum after a customer mentioned that there were some questions posted on the forum that perhaps I could be helpful in answering. Blogs, forums and the like are not something I had previously participated in, but I am now seeing the richness of information that is shared on them and intend to partake in the future.

The majority of recipes have been my own creation rather than direct conversions, inspired by many different chefs, cookbooks and beautiful restaurant meals.

The recipes have been perfected over a number of years and have been more than triple tested. I have also had other TM users test recipes prior to printing the book. The photographs were all taken more recently once I decided to embark on this cookbook adventure. Cyndi O'Meara has publicly endorsed the book after receiving an advance copy and cooking many of the recipes. I understand you cannot be certain the recipes work without trying a few yourselves, but the feedback I have received so far has been really positive.

Obviously with such a wealth of information and recipes available on the forum not everyone is going to be interested in purchasing my book, but many have acknowledged it as a worthy addition to their cookbook collection.

All the best,
Alyce

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2012, 04:55:46 am »
i'm glad i'm not the only one curious about alyce alexandra's background. when i asked about her background earlier either in this thread or another, there wasn't any response and it was as if my comment was invisible. i did ask my consultant about her and she said she had never heard of her before, unlike tenina. so she felt safe buying a pile of tenina's books, but is unsure about buying alyce's sight unseen, which is fair enough.
i'm going to sit back and watch for the time being.