Author Topic: How did you first hear about the Thermomix??  (Read 8202 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: How did you first hear about the Thermomix??
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 05:21:14 am »
I first saw the TMX at my girlfriends house and loved it and we had a lot of fun trying it out. She had an accident one day and I spent some weeks helping her out in her business.  One day she arrived at my house with a big grin on her face and with this huge box and you can guess what was inside it.  All she said was thank you for all your help.  I was speechless.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 05:21:41 am »
My friend had been talking about this machine for a while as her MIL has one - she desperately wanted one & was saving up for it. I didn't pay much attention to her "ravings" because she is a gadget queen  - I thought it was just another kitchen gadget I'd never use. Then my Mum's group had a demo last december & I was blown away, & when the consultant mentioned the interest free offer I couldn't wait to tell my friend. I called her straight away, she ordered hers that night & I ordered about a week later after doing some more research - which is when I found this forum.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 05:23:57 am »
We were in SA and had met up with some friends at Tailem Bend. They had some other people travelling with them that we sort of knew. She made a rice custard that night in her TMX and DH was sold. That was late 2008, and the rest is history.
Here is my very first forum post, who knew what fun I was to have, I certainly didn't.

another lot of greetings from Perth
« on: October 22, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone. I have only just ordered my TM but I am very excited about it. I'm looking forward to using it and reading all the information you have here. I just hope I can find my way round the forum as I am not very computer literate at all.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 06:04:44 am »
Lol cookie you have come so far both with TMX and the computer.

Mabs what a lovely gift.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 06:27:29 am »
Honestly... I can't remember ???

I think my mum heard about it from a lady she worked with... and a couple of demos later our TM21 was on the way :D That was ages ago.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 06:59:57 am »
Mabs, that's a friend I would keep for life...

My BF, my Mum, and  3 others I know have all bought thermomixes now.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 07:51:03 am »
These are all very interesting stories. I think there was another thread about this subject a while ago. But it's still pretty cool to read back through people's stories.
And here we all are now ;)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 10:48:50 am »
Hadn't herd of Thermomix but went to a friend's demo to help her make up numbers.   Had no intention of buying anything, but was blown away by the things thermie could do.  Went home and couldn't stop talking about this wonderful machine.

Six months later, and we were the proud owners of a shiny new Thermomix, and we haven't looked back since.
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 12:34:58 pm »
I went to my sister-in-law's demo to get a free meal and a glass of wine, with absolutely no intention of spending nearly 2 grand on anything, much less a kitchen appliance... My sister-in-law didn't get one, but 4 months later I got one. I don't know of anybody else who has one (personally). -Thats why I'm finding this forum so invaluable.  :)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 02:15:22 pm »
I think I first saw a link to the TM website on Jude Blereau's web site about 2 years ago. A while later a work colleague who had seen one was arranging a demo. Before I got to go to that demo I tagged along with my daughter to a demo at her boss's house. Later I went to a Veroma Demo at another one of her work colleagues. 

I knew I wanted one but the price made me hesitate. DD wanted one too but she couldn't afford one. DW kept telling me to buy one so I did as soon as the money became available.