Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9035526 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #3735 on: September 08, 2010, 03:38:54 am »
I added 2 tspns bread improver to mine Chelsea and kneaded it for 4 minutes as Cookie does.  It is a very wet mixture but you don't need to handle it at all.  Just knead and pour straight into your baking tin (I used a 20cm square lined cake tin which was perfect).  I put it to bed with the electric blanket on for 35 minutes and into the preheated oven for 40 minutes, took it out of the tin and baked it another 5 minutes. I've only ever made it once before in my early bread baking days when I didn't have a clue what I was doing and cooked it in a baking dish which was far too big.  Today's was perfect, quick and cheap too as I  had all the seeds on hand. Just nice for a change from plain bread.

I have a 5 seed loaf rising in the clothes dryer (preheated for 2 minutes on warm setting  ;)) as I write. Thanks for the instructions JD  :-*.

Cookie I noticed on a different thread that you were thinking of trying this bread in your proper bread tin.  Did you try it?  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: September 08, 2010, 04:18:46 am »
As long as no little hands wander in and push the start button, that is a great idea Chelsea re the clothes drier - saves having to remake the bed like I have to do.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: September 08, 2010, 04:37:58 am »
My dryer is fortunately hung on the wall up high. I find it very helpful for my bread rising during winter. :)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3738 on: September 08, 2010, 12:09:53 pm »
Chelsea,  what a good idea.  You are so creative. ;D ;D ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: September 09, 2010, 04:53:51 am »
Thanks Chookie. :)

The 5 seed loaf was fantastic.  I will definitely be making it again.  I had to cook mine for another 5-10 minutes in my oven but other than that it was perfect.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3740 on: September 09, 2010, 07:59:28 am »
Today I made Gougeres (goozhair),  which are savory cream puffs.  I did a lot of research and finally used CreamPuff63's recipe from the Forum,  and added 100g of finely grated Gruyere cheese and a pinch of cayenne and a pinch of nutmeg.  Thanks creampuff63 these turned out great.   We are having visitors for tea and when i told DH that we would start off with dip,  he said Oh no not again. :-)).  So I thought we had better have a change. We are also having Spaghetti Marinara.  No fuss bread, (made into sticks), salad from the garden,with Agrarian Kitchen dressing,  and Blueberry , Raspberry and Pear crumble . If I stop typing now I will have time to make Cookies Cherry Ice Cream.  Nearly forgot ,  homemade butter. ;D.  Only the Marinara is not TMX.

Offline bigTcup

• View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: September 09, 2010, 08:18:39 am »
Plain White Rolls - No Fuss (thanks achookwoman) - I haven't made many bread products yet, but this dough was amazing, I stretched it out to abut the size of the TM bread mat and covered the dough with Vegemite & cheese, rolled up and cut into scrolls.  Loved it, they turned out perfect.

Chicken Caesar Salad - have not yet made the dressing (or TM mayo) as am waiting for DH to come home with some eggs.  Was planning to steam the chicken breast in the varoma (saving washing a frypan...love it)
Thermomix Consultant - Perth, WA
Facebook: Jeanette & Thermomix

Offline bigTcup

• View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: September 09, 2010, 08:20:34 am »
Today I made Gougeres (goozhair),  which are savory cream puffs.  I did a lot of research and finally used CreamPuff63's recipe from the Forum,  and added 100g of finely grated Gruyere cheese and a pinch of cayenne and a pinch of nutmeg.  Thanks creampuff63 these turned out great.   We are having visitors for tea and when i told DH that we would start off with dip,  he said Oh no not again. :-)).  So I thought we had better have a change. We are also having Spaghetti Marinara.  No fuss bread, (made into sticks), salad from the garden,with Agrarian Kitchen dressing,  and Blueberry , Raspberry and Pear crumble . If I stop typing now I will have time to make Cookies Cherry Ice Cream.  Nearly forgot ,  homemade butter. ;D.  Only the Marinara is not TMX.

OMG!!!!!  You are amazing!!!
Thermomix Consultant - Perth, WA
Facebook: Jeanette & Thermomix

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: September 09, 2010, 08:53:48 am »
Chelsea I always make my 5 seed bread in a bread tin. It turns out lovely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

• View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: September 09, 2010, 12:43:18 pm »
Thanks Cookie.  Will do that from now on too.  Such a lovely loaf. :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: September 10, 2010, 07:27:52 am »
I made some fudgy wudgy cookies yesterday as the cookie barrel was empty. Also did the chicken breasts with anchovies, capers etc. Tonight the slow cooker is working as I'm off to meet the girls. If I'm home early enough I'll try some dumplings in the Varoma. I think most will want to leave early to see the Dorkers Dockers playing Geelong.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: September 11, 2010, 10:29:49 am »
I made a Peach Kuchen today. I'm sure some of you will remember it from several years ago. I thought I had seen the recipe on here or the Thermomix site but I couldn't find it. If anyone wants the recipe I'll post it.

Offline ozrockit

• The Wilson's in Kal
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix Goldfields and Kalgoorlie
« Reply #3747 on: September 11, 2010, 10:33:11 am »
yes please Cookie and if you have the recipe for potatoe and duetz Keuken that would be grand too :)
Preach the Gospel wherever you are, when necessary use words
St Francis

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #3748 on: September 11, 2010, 12:13:10 pm »
Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
You fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles, that's what you do....

I LOVE MY THERMOMIX   ;D ;D ;D ;D   :-* :-*  (my brain has probably turned to mush after today I do apologise  :D )

In the space of about 3 1/2 hours this afternoon I made a Torte Caprese, Carribean Carrot Cake, GF Raspberry Cheesecake (recipe to come later in the week), GF White Chocolate & Raspberry Slice (divine!! & recipe to come soon) & anther batch of Carribean Carrot Cake mix but GF to make cupcakes for DD's lunch box.  Most of what I cooked is for Nan & Pop's 50th Wedding Anniversary party tomorrow.  Tomorrow all I have to do is make a batch of cream cheese frosting and ganache for the cakes - easy peasy  ;D

If it wasn't for my dear Bimby, I can't imagine getting all of that done, or the mess I'd have in the kitchen ;) ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 12:50:20 pm by I Love Bimby! »
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3749 on: September 11, 2010, 12:46:39 pm »
ILB,  what a party you are all going to have.   Great cook up. ;D ;D ;D