Author Topic: My Christmas Tree  (Read 154651 times)

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
Re: My Christmas Tree
« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2012, 08:39:06 am »
I'm looking forward to it - but luckily I don;t get bombarded with advertising or Christmas muzak here *grin* - I just do a lot of online shopping and a mad scamble for the forgotten things - like me contributing to the family decorations - in the last crazy days before Christmas.  *Fingers crossed* I get annual leave so I can get home before Christmas Eve...
Fiona - who could be working if she wanted to get a job

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2012, 12:15:30 pm »
I too am looking forward to it DS5 and DS3 are just the right age to make it super fun and its the first Christmas that thermi and I will be together yeah!

Mama Fergie

« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2012, 02:03:27 pm »
I don't mind Christmas but don't love it.
Been married 38 years and had Christmas for all the family at my place every year apart from the last two that my DS has had at his place. Had three family cruises over Christmas during those years and loved it as I could relax and enjoy it.
For me Christmas is special for the kids but lots of work and prep for me.
Everyone is different but I find it big business for the retailers that suck us all in instead of the pleasure in sharing a special day.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2012, 07:51:46 pm »
I too am looking forward to it DS5 and DS3 are just the right age to make it super fun and its the first Christmas that thermi and I will be together yeah!

perfect age for xmas Kim, how long is the list for the 5 year old  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2012, 10:49:30 pm »
I love Christmas also.. I have a Christmas site also... I'll post in December... :-)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2012, 01:39:51 am »
Post now MM, we would love to see it.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2012, 01:48:44 am »
Post now MM, we would love to see it.

I agree!!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2012, 02:54:29 am »
DH5 only has two things on his list and that's all to do with Lego mining sets. He hasn't changed his mind since the Kmart toy sale catalogue came out in July. DH3 is the hard one he changes his mind daily and wants everything he sees. My little ponies is his latest request and as you can imagine hubby is not impressed!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2012, 04:45:55 am »
Love legos, i have kept all of my DS lego from when he was young and i have a few ponies 2  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2012, 05:11:31 am »
Yeah lego lasts forever and we just might end up with a few ponies too.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: Re: My Christmas Tree
« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2012, 07:22:15 am »
DD decorated our tree last night. the kids have been bugging me to put the tree up since the Christmas Pageant, and i finally relented  She decided that she would colour coordinate the decorations on the tree, and there would be no tinsel. It looks nice, but oddly sparse as I'm used to the kids piling on every decoration in sight plus loads of tinsel! Our tree is a bit retro as I rescued it from my parents when they upgraded. I can remember my dad coming home from Myers with the tree when I was a kid. It's two toned plastic and every branch needs to be slotted into the brown plastic trunk.
It already has two presents under it and they are both for me:). My SS gift is patiently waiting there, and when I came home tonight, there was a box (unwrapped) addressed to me. DH is not into wrapping, nor into waiting for Christmas to open pressies!
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

*suzanne*

Re: Re: My Christmas Tree
« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2012, 07:46:04 am »
Beautiful tree ES, it's getting exciting only 4 more sleeps here and we will do ours, although ds7 thought if we do the tree  Friday night then we can spend all day Saturday doing the lights and decorations outside, DH has been given strict instructions that he is not to work on Saturday;D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2012, 07:50:16 am »
Great tree ES love the red star. Four more sleeps till ours goes up . Boys excited as we are doing a Lego advent calendar this year.

mcmich

« Reply #208 on: November 27, 2012, 08:14:09 am »
Our small table tree in the family room and the hall table. Don't know whether or not I will set up the big tree in the rumpus room.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 27, 2012, 08:29:55 am »
Very pretty mich.