Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9020232 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #20550 on: December 29, 2013, 02:20:26 am »
Code: [Select]
Bol sauce in the basket. Very happy with it. I cooked pasta in the thermomserver, now I have 2 portions ready to go for cp. Plus I have a cup of really good stock for a base for something :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:26:42 am by Halex »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20551 on: December 29, 2013, 04:52:14 am »
Chookie someone used Chestnut flour to make something on the Great British Bake Off a couple of weeks ago. It looks good.

ES, you have been busy and it all loos lovely.

This morning I made some hamburger rolls and have prepared everything ready to cook Maddy's Chicken Caesar Salad burgers for lunch. My brother is calling round. 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #20552 on: December 29, 2013, 08:56:57 am »
I've made a chicken and vegetable casserole (non TMX recipe) from a AWW recipe using left over BBQ chook - I used left over turkey from Christmas, and Uni's SOS sauce instead of the canned soup that the recipe says to use.

Have also just made a batch of jersey caramels with the kids - using a recipe I got from Kimmyh

The mixture tastes divine!  Cant wait until they set in the fridge.  Thanks Kim!
Karen or Kimmy, jersey caramels, are they done in the TM, if so would love the recipe please :)

Glad you like them Karen. Think I have made 5 batches in 4 weeks. We just love them in our house.  Thanks for passing on the link. It's a great site with lots of healthy naughty things!
Hally if you make them, throw everything in and try speed 9 for 45secs. I put them in the fridge, but prefer to eat them at room temp.

Hmmm, can I also ask where to find the jersey caramel recipe/site too please?  :-* TIA
:D

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #20553 on: December 29, 2013, 09:14:57 am »
Will be roast beef ( again) later, with farfallina's choc dessert which are hiding in freezer. 
And another loaf ready for tomorrow when DD and I are away shopping for an interview suit. Then DH and DS can have beef sarnies.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
What are you cooking today?
« Reply #20554 on: December 29, 2013, 09:22:49 am »
Karen posted the link above my post girls! Here it is again

http://www.wholefoodsimply.com/wholefood-simply-jersey-caramels/

Beautiful sweets ES. I'm off to check that pastry recipe now. It's gone up great.

Today was bread day. Made honey and oat dinner rolls from KIS and EDC 5 seed bread. The bread was fine until I covered it with foil to stop it burning, then it just sunk 😢

Offline MrsG

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #20555 on: December 29, 2013, 09:45:25 am »
I had a huge day today.
Chocolate praline macarons, lemon macarons, lemon butter, home made pizzas for dinner, and a broccoli and goats cheese fritatta.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20556 on: December 29, 2013, 11:09:16 am »
Kimmy I am sure it still tasted lovely. Mrs G you have been busy.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #20557 on: December 29, 2013, 11:43:35 am »
I bought the wholefood simply book for dd for Christmas it has some lovely recipes in it :D
bugger about the bread kimmy but it looks yummy :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20558 on: December 29, 2013, 12:23:43 pm »
I've been looking at that Suzanne. I love some of the things they make and DD is into raw. Thanks for the information, I may get it.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #20559 on: December 29, 2013, 12:31:08 pm »
Yummy Kimmy. I had a failure with my baguettes again today. I stupidly folded the bread mat over the top of them and of course the dough stuck to it. Maybe round three will be more successful? Lol.

Today I made passionfruit coulis, baguettes and creamy garlic prawn penne.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #20560 on: December 29, 2013, 09:08:22 pm »
Yesterday I made the kahula cheesecake, and fried rice.
More to bake today.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #20561 on: December 29, 2013, 09:30:20 pm »
Thanks for the link Kimmy :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #20562 on: December 29, 2013, 09:58:15 pm »
Everyone's cooking looks amazing. Maddy as expected the gingerbread house is fantastic. Karen, what a lovely gesture, sounds like it all went well and congratulations on the firsts.

I don't feel as though I've cooked much but looking back I have but nothing overly interesting. We had 35 for lunch after a family golf day on Friday but we only provide the venue and the meat so I had frozen 3 legs of lamb already marinated in a greek marinade and then verly slowly roasted them overnight in the oven, all that was left to do for the lunch was to pull the meat from the bones and cook the sausages. Everyone else bought far too much salad but thankfully everyone takes their own bowl back home so there isn't too much cleaning up and no leftovers. There was only enough meat left this year for us for souvlaki tonight. Last year I had more left over lamb than I knew what to do with, this year DH undercounted the number by 12 so there was just enough!

I also made up the left over turkey into pies yesterday using Uni's SOS as the base as a few others have done but used half wine, half water. I also fried off bacon, onion and mushrooms before adding to the TMX with the SOS base, the turkey and a can off corn. We ended up with about 15 pies to put in the freezer. Also had to make another double batch of rocky road as DH is eating it faster than the kids. I ended up freezing a batch of fruit mince pies because they weren't being eaten and I didn't want them to go to waste, hope they defrost ok.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #20563 on: December 29, 2013, 10:49:10 pm »
cheesecake :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #20564 on: December 29, 2013, 10:49:52 pm »
pork fried rice

[/url