Author Topic: Not eating today  (Read 8995 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Not eating today
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 11:49:24 pm »
I am amazed at how many of us have regular colonoscopies - I do not like them, but I think they are vital.  Both my DS, my DH and I have them regularly due to family history and, for the first time in many years, DH had no polyps removed this year - needless to say, we were both delighted.  As I said earlier in this thread, a day or two of discomfort is well worth it when you consider the alternative.

DH has been nagging his two older sisters that they should have them as well, one has started, but the other is adamant that she will not (and she is the one whom we think is the most vulnerable!).  Ah well, her choice I guess.

I am so pleased that so many on this forum are going through the procedure and hope that it will always be a positive preventative exercise for us all.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2014, 11:49:51 am »
It is fascinating seeing how many people follow through with routine monitoring. I started at the age of 13. We had scopes in the surgeons rooms without sedation. Now that still sounds incredible.

Half our family are in routine screens, the others were cleared via a genetic test and start monitoring again at 50.

Apparently we all have 3 genetic defects, I just happen to know what one of mine is.

Glad you got the all clear Kay.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 03:35:34 pm »
Without anaesthetic!  :o I'd hate to even think about it!!

We have them every couple of years, just to be safe. DH has had polyps removed. I'm fine, but not going to take chances. It's heaps better than a mammogram, anyway!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2014, 08:47:00 am »
Talking of mammograms ... have any of you seen or do oyu remember the cartoon that was around quite a few years ago entitled "If women controlled medicine"?  Very, very funny.  I might send it to Judy to see if she can post it, it is sure to bring a smile to your faces.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2014, 09:56:00 am »
I'm due to have my squashagram next week. It was supposed to be a while back but they rang and changed it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 11:10:19 am »
All the best with that Cookie, I'm pleased to say I'm not in the category that needs a regular squash yet.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 07:20:40 am »
Talking of mammograms ... have any of you seen or do you remember the cartoon that was around quite a few years ago entitled "If women controlled medicine"?  Very, very funny.  I might send it to Judy to see if she can post it, it is sure to bring a smile to your faces.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 09:51:42 am »
I love it. Thank you both. My DH said he would rather that way of being checked for prostate cancer.  :D :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2014, 10:01:22 am »
Ouch!!! LOL  :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.