Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368901 times)

Offline Katj

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #840 on: September 16, 2014, 05:41:59 am »
I see the hardest thing for Thermomix  getting into the US is the fact that Americans still use the imperial measuring system while the rest of the world is metric.
With the scales measuring in grams, some Americans will find that a stumbling block.

Offline lonnie

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 16, 2014, 06:25:38 am »
The lead time we've been told now via email is 20 days. Just got an email before. Usual lead time is 10 days (though it can come quicker).

I ordered a TM5 a week ago, and the payment was debited on 11 Sept. The delivery time frame given was within 20 working days when I ordered, although the terms and conditions still mention the time frame of 10 working days after payment being received.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #842 on: September 16, 2014, 06:36:40 am »
I can understand people frustration on the wait for their machines, I'm an impatient person but I already have a TM to play with. I'm looking forward to my new machine arriving, but I will be patient as I realize there is a huge demand at the moment. Good things come to those who wait :)

As for service I have no complaints at all. Even when my TM warranty was expired I got great service from HO and even received my replacement seals for free. I have also had to send my TM away for a service and found the whole process quick and easy and the repair cost was very reasonable.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 16, 2014, 07:42:33 am »
I have also paid for my TMX5. I haven't been given a delivery date. It hasn't seemed as hard waiting for the TMX5 as is was for TMX31 three years ago. Probably because I'm working so much at the moment and I'm enjoying cooking in the traditional method (for now). Thanks WG for the link to the online manual. I agree that they shouldn't bill your credit card until dispatch - this is what most companies do. My consultant did say that they would supply to their consultants first but was still hopeful that I would receive it within a fortnight. My bread machine has been getting a workout and I've borrowed my food processor back from mum.
Thanks Nikkit for your comparison of the 2 machines.  :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:49:03 am by mcmich »
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline thenorthern

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 16, 2014, 07:46:32 am »
I too have no complaints with the service.  I guess it's something that just varies experience to experience.  I'm lucky enough to have an AMAZING consultant, who is not only a good consultant (knows her stuff) but she's LOVELY.  That has really helped my impression of Thermomix.  I haven't dealt with their head office because I've not needed to.  I'm so impatient, and a bit frustrated with the lead time, though.  In my job I have been the one telling people lead times etc, not being able to confirm dates.  It's not nice, but at least in my job I knew and could explain WHY people would wait 4 weeks for their service/product.  With the Thermomix, I really can't understand why it's taking so long, and why they took the money so soon since they knew how long it would take.  If they allocated me one and I canceled last minute and they didn't have my money, nothing is lost because they could just re-allocate it.  It's not like they need my money so soon to build me a custom model or anything.  Just silly, and my only complaint with this process.  
Soon to be owner from Melbourne, Australia.

Offline Shellbo

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 16, 2014, 11:30:56 am »
Who is your consultant thenorthern? And where in Melb does she work??

stacelee

« Reply #846 on: September 16, 2014, 11:45:39 am »
Well, my Robot Cook arrived this morning.  It is now sitting on my bench looking at me intimidatingly.  True to most commercial machines, it comes with a very basic instruction book and NO recipe book.  Apparently Chefs know how to cook!  I'm trying to figure out what to try first.....I'm having bad flashbacks to when I first got the Thermomix and was scared of it.  I'm going to try and organise some training with it very soon.....luckily we have a very nice sales manager here in qld who has promised to do some product training with me, unfortunately he is currently down at fine food.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 16, 2014, 12:14:40 pm »
That's really exciting stacelee. Now go over, introduce yourself and give it a great big hug! Go on, it can't hurt you but can make life much happier. Happy cooking xox

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 16, 2014, 12:52:56 pm »
That's exciting Stacelee. The northern I can only imagine how much interest they are making on so many customer's money. If they sell 4000 x Tmx a month I wonder what this month is like. I know quite a few buyers. It's very high handed to operate in this manner. I know up here the GL has a stock of Tmx so they can deliver with minimum delay. That was the case with tm31. I had my machine next day after I paid. Really that's how it should be run. I'm also weighing up whether to buy a second tm31 or the new one or one at all....

Online Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 16, 2014, 12:58:23 pm »
I'm assuming the longer wait is to do with the fact that each machine is linked to the purchaser through the chip or internally stored on the machine computer. My consultant was saying they have put a lot of emphasis on the fact  that when they are provided with a machine for a particular customer, they cannot give it to anyone else. She was saying in the past to even out orders etc. they were able to distribute across their customers if they needed to. She thought that in future updates are going to be provided directly to the machine. Interesting times ahead    ;D

Offline zebby

• View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 16, 2014, 02:13:00 pm »
I wonder how that will work when it is sold 2nd hand? Why is each machine linked to a specific customer I wonder?

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 16, 2014, 09:38:52 pm »
I'm assuming the longer wait is to do with the fact that each machine is linked to the purchaser through the chip or internally stored on the machine computer. My consultant was saying they have put a lot of emphasis on the fact  that when they are provided with a machine for a particular customer, they cannot give it to anyone else. She was saying in the past to even out orders etc. they were able to distribute across their customers if they needed to. She thought that in future updates are going to be provided directly to the machine. Interesting times ahead    ;D
If that is true, it is all very worrying, Wonder.  It sounds scarily like a very sticky spider's web - once they have got you ensnared in their web, they have got you, like it or not.  Zebby's comment is very relevant to the future.  I can't say I like this marketing ploy at all - after everything that has happened over the past couple of weeks, this makes me feel very wary and uncomfortable.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 16, 2014, 09:42:16 pm »
If that is true, it is all very worrying, Wonder.  It sounds scarily like a very sticky spider's web - once they have got you ensnared in their web, they have got you, like it or not.  Zebby's comment is very relevant to the future.  I can't say I like this marketing ploy at all - after everything that has happened over the past couple of weeks, this makes me feel very wary and uncomfortable.

Sounds like more BS to me. Anyone else heard this?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline MrsG

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #853 on: September 16, 2014, 09:50:55 pm »
They registered the tm31s to the user's also in the same way. No threat.

Offline WG

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 17, 2014, 12:00:19 am »
There is absolutely no way that they will be able to download directly to the TM5 unless it’s connected to the internet, which we all know it doesn’t have that capability.  The only way in which they could do this is if they sent each owner a chip, which now goes on the side of the TM5 to download info. 

This would mean, down the line,  if they have an update and you’ve sold your TM5 you would still receive the “chip update”  not the person you’ve sold to????
Just an uninformed guess on my part