Author Topic: Christmas Day Menu  (Read 16498 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Day Menu
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 07:09:59 am »
I have been very organised and sorted my things out as what to do each day. I have made Christmas pudding cake pops, 2 types of fudge, fruit mince ( the pies are being done today) some small Christmas cakes for friends. Sunday I will take all the meat out of the freezer, cook potatoes, boil eggs, make jellies and custards. Monday I plan to whip out early and get market fresh fruit, I will then cook the turkey breast ( as Jamie's Turkey Wellington) , the pork roast. Make the salads and desserts.
I'll also do a dip or two. On Christmas morning all I have to do isa get DH to carve the meat. Do a couple of dressings and hey presto, all done except the washing up.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 07:50:02 am »
Cookie!!! Please come and live with me!!!!!! (Just how organised can you get!! I'm green with envy!!!)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 10:48:02 am »
No GF she has to come and live with me first I need lots of organising ;D

Offline hopefulcook

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 11:18:49 am »
All sounds very nice - thanks MM for the input as well as everyone else. Tomorrow morning I will write it all out and make a (smaller) plan for the next few days like Cookie. Will keep you posted.
Please keep ideas flowing....

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 11:32:58 am »
I am always making lists. I think it comes from being a chalkie as you had to be organises or your days were horrid.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 11:27:50 pm »
Christmas Eve: don't know yet - will have to be something easy, - then preparing the breakfast

Christmas Breakfast: blueberry and yoghurt muffins (already cooked and in the freezer), monkey bread and fresh fruit platter

Christmas Lunch: at my SIL place, it's a traditional cooked lunch and I am taking Tenina's olive oil lemon tart (SIL does trifle and MIL does Christmas Pudding), malt slice (to make today) and cookies and cream fudge.  DH also gets a big ham each year as a gift from a client so We are taking that.

Christmas dinner: toasted ham and cheese sandwiches (using up some of that leftover ham!)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 12:40:37 am »
Just wondering about traditional Christmas lunch menu plans - what are you doing in your Thermomix?

I always make the white sauce and custard for pudding, but that's it. Thinking this year I should try gravy? Maybe steaming veggies and I need a nice simple breakfast / brunch pastry too.

Any tips?

Hopeful check out quirky cookings blog for xmas breakfast ideas.. She has been posting alot of things for preparing the night before so just bake morning of..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 12:46:58 am »
Happy holidays mm.. Enjoy the festive break

We are still working out our menu..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline robert

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 06:12:26 am »
Brunch pastry is my favorite. I often use it in breakfast. Really it will be a good breakfast.