Author Topic: Hi from Perth :). Need help/advices esp. with failsafe method to help DS focus  (Read 7915 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum frazzled Mum. I think perhaps the first thing you need to do is to make an appointment with your sons teacher and see how serious your sons problems are. Itq may be that she is just voicing a small concern at the moment. The holidays start on Friday so I'm not sure if you will be able to see her before then. See exactly what she is concerned about and how serious she thinks it is. You will need to explain how worried you are.
I would also make an appointment with your GP and have a discussion with him/her. Tell them of your worries, be quite open.

If your DS was ADHD you would know it. He would never stop. Dyslexia is a term given to any 'learning difficulty'. So one child's dyslexia will be different to another's.

Is your soon happy? I would also have his sight and hearing checked out as these may be causing in attention if they aren't perfect. Young children often suffer from ear problems that cause in attention because they can't hear.

I've had a bit of experience with the above so good luck.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline KathCullen

• View Profile
Hi, I might download that app too.  I just sent you a message but it seems to have disappeared altogether? So I have a lot to learn on how to use this forum.
Katherine
Look well therefore to this day  :)

Offline frazzled_mom

• View Profile
Yes i've got his hearings checked. All ok. Not sure abt the sight. But i dont think that it is a problem. Since he is only kindy, and he can sit quite close to the board (no desk and bench like in older classes).

Yeah i am a bit doubtful whether he's got ADD or ADHD. He is happy most of the time, watching tv, playing playdoh, bike riding, running around the house, etc etc. As long as i dont ask him to practice writing numbers or letters or memorizing anything. For a time, i thought he is just the case of boys being boys. But when i realize how behind he is compared to few of his friends, and then that coupled with his lack of attention when i am talking to him. I started to put two and two together. I might be just imagining things .....

Thus all the worries and concerns, and the gazillion questions that i asked in this forum. Hoping maybe a better diet will help with the attention span problem....  Hoping maybe other moms with ADD or ADHD kids can help shed some light while i navigate through the unknown...
Busy Perth mom of two: DS4 and DS1! 😁

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum frazzled mom  :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
 regardless what happens with your son eating healthier food made from scratch with no preservative ,colours or artificial flavors  will be better for him and the rest of the family . you have made to right decision to buy your machine
there lots of great recipes on this forum

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline desi

• View Profile
Hi Frazzledmun, welcome to the forum.
Good luck with your son and I hope that soon you will be on the right track to helping him.
It sounds as though he has a good teacher. Also have fun with your TM :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Welcome Frazzledmum are you ok now.

welcome to the forum, ask questions and someone will give you a answer or link..
Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

Hello and welcome to the forum.