Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6068818 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25725 on: November 28, 2021, 08:37:49 pm »
Seems we spent the weekend tying up . DS was out in the tractor cutting the barley grass both days , DD mowed the grass around the house , I seemed to have done heaps of washing all weekend , cleaned out a cutlery draw , fluffed and folded washing . Broomed all the spider webs outside off the window frames then cleaned the back door area outside that the bids had decide to Destroy their nests . Weeds around the BBQue . Even the chook enclosed had stinging nettles around the chook wire so I easily pulled them out . DD helped DH move the sheep across the road , being warmer weather they took ages to move and somehow the rams got in with the ewes ! The job took them two goes lunch in between. Then DS had to get back to boarding , well this L driving is ok but both taking turns involved two drives each !! We picked DD up off the side of the road she left the Ace down the farm lane and changed , on our return DD then drove it back through the farm to put it away , I picked her up she drove home !! Yet another full on weekend and my back neck knees were in need of a heat pack . Silly season for us is full on farm work for DH , windrowers coming to do the canola ... I hope we don’t have to feed him !!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:17:52 am by K Atie »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25726 on: November 29, 2021, 06:22:00 am »
Just a bit of housework. Yes, I do have a couple of new muscles making themselves felt today. 😂😂😂😂
DD is home today. She had her third Pfizer yesterday and it hasn’t liked her much.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25727 on: November 29, 2021, 07:03:35 am »
I wonder what they will want to give us for our booster shop cookie, I don’t like the sound of Pfizer and had no trouble with the AZ.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25728 on: November 29, 2021, 10:12:44 am »
Recovering from having Melb family up on Sunday.  Another BBQ by dam. DIL went to Cosco  and bought me a tray of lamb cutlets, Maple Syrup and Panko crumbs.
My TMX consultant was to come today to show me how to use Cookidoo and put recipes on.  Had to postpone as program wasn’t ready.  Maybe Wednesday.
Judy you are really going for it with the cleaning out the drawers, well done.
Cookie, Ral and I loved the photos. Thanks again.
Marina, big job . Fire restrictions soon.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25729 on: November 29, 2021, 11:00:34 am »
They were good Costco buys Chookie, were always on my list too.  Keep the maple syrup in the fridge once opened though.
Tidying up and culling seems to be a never ending job, I tackled my pj/nightie drawer and my shoe chest of drawers tonight - it wasn’t planned, it just happened on the spur of the moment when I went to pack away more purchases of both items.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25730 on: November 29, 2021, 11:34:55 am »
Holding kittens they are so tiny fluff balls .
And here we go pre harvest nights, out moving DH Utes tractors fencing equipment, being a polite Vehicle for tractor in the dark . Home 10 pm

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25731 on: November 29, 2021, 12:12:22 pm »
And so the culling continues. I can’t drink alcohol now so I’ve had a clear out of the wine/spirits/liqueur cupboard. A bottle of rose for a friend the only survivor, the rest way too old to give anyone.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25732 on: November 29, 2021, 06:11:47 pm »
That bottle looks a bit lonely, Judy.

Our booze stocks are similar.  Because DH is a Highland Scot,who enjoys a good 'dram' now and then, people always give him bottles of malt whisky as gifts. He rarely drinks scotch now so we have at least a dozen different bottles that never get touched, but I can't seen him parting with them ... "just in case" someone wants a wee taste sometime.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25733 on: November 29, 2021, 09:43:48 pm »
Yes it does look lonely but I have a friend who only drinks Rose so she will be happy to take it off my hands. You’ll have to take up drinking whisky yourself Marina. It’s true that when people know you really like something you become inundated with them. I did Google the shelf life of every type of alcohol before pouring them down the sink.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25734 on: November 30, 2021, 01:33:39 am »
Judy, ours looks similar. I used to add it to icecream. But Ral is cutting back so I haven’t been making it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25735 on: November 30, 2021, 01:48:44 am »
I have rum and Chiver's Regal in my booze stock. Our neighbours don't drink so keep running over with bottles they are given. I use if for cooking. I open the bottle, use what I need and then freeze it in 1 cup lots. I rarely drink nowadays and DH bottlesd his own beer, making it about 1/4 strength. DD doesn't drink at all either.

Judy DD has said that we will be given Pfizer as our booster shots. Her first one didn't bother her at all.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25736 on: November 30, 2021, 04:19:54 am »
Thanks cookie, something to look forward to then! Hopefully our first booster won’t affect us either.
Chivas Regal was DH’s favourite before he too had to give up drinking many years ago. I don’t miss a glass of wine with my meal, the sparkling water I now drink is a good substitute.  I’m well stocked up with that which I also buy from Costco, I have 6 x 30 packs in the garage - at least it won’t end up down the sink.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25737 on: November 30, 2021, 08:12:32 pm »
Ral loved his wine but not allowed to drink it now.  We spent many a lovely holiday visiting wineries, especially in SA. I don’t particularly like wine or spirits but do like and can tolerate Apple cider. The preservative in wine upsets me.  I sometimes would like an Affogato.
Saw the Podiatrist yesterday. My feet are very good. Nice to know. She took a lot of trouble and did all sorts of tests.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25738 on: November 30, 2021, 11:18:29 pm »
That’s good to hear Chookie, the chap over the road is diabetic and has had trouble with his feet for the last 10 years - he can’t be on his feet much now.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25739 on: December 01, 2021, 03:23:17 am »
Supermarket shopping this morning.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.