Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6080126 times)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12615 on: January 14, 2014, 09:47:44 pm »
Got up early to cook - and the girls came out not far after to see what was cooking (they heard the TM)
:D

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #12616 on: January 14, 2014, 10:11:00 pm »
LOL Astarra....

Lovely hens... At the mo I get eggs from our next door neighbour and will stay that way until we have house and garden more under control. In this wet it'd be so hard to keep them dry, and the other animals are plenty to be going on with for now.

I baked bread, started marmalade, cleaned up a lot of plaster dust, fed the animals and hung the dining room curtains which is a spare bedroom just now as upstairs is a write off. Tomorrow I have to empty a guest bedroom of tools and stuff, give it a very good clean, and then move ourselves in there so this room and bathroom can be skimmed at the weekend. We have to paint special blue stuff on our walls first  before skimming to make it stick. Redoing some plaster has made a big difference to this house.

I am tired tonight but DH is not here so I never go to sleep very early.

Curtains

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12617 on: January 14, 2014, 10:19:12 pm »

I am tired tonight .... 

That would have to be the understatement of the century!! ;D  you have the most amazing amount of energy !!! :)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #12618 on: January 14, 2014, 10:23:04 pm »
Lovely curtains DJ.
it's already 35 degrees here.... Day off today, looking after girl next door while mum & dad work, she's DD2's age. And DD1 has a friend coming over soon as well, will take them all to the local pool for a couple of hours then home for some screen time in the air conditioning!
I see it's going to be even hotter in SA, hope everyone is staying cool.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #12619 on: January 14, 2014, 10:26:47 pm »
It's is hard t imagine that sort of heat.
LOL GF. I had a very quiet Sunday. New plan is to work hard in the week and try to have one quiet weekend day to chill.
I seem to be a bit stretched at the mo.... Hoping it won't always be like this.  :-))

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12620 on: January 14, 2014, 10:28:13 pm »
swimming heaps..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12621 on: January 14, 2014, 10:34:10 pm »
I'm not surprised that you are tired DJ you do an amazing amount of work.  Love the curtains they are just my colours.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #12622 on: January 14, 2014, 11:32:17 pm »
Wow, DJ, just cleaning up plaster dust is a mammoth task in itself!!  I hate the stuff.  Love the finish, but it just gets everywhere no matter how much you try to cover and shut everything! 

I've had my sister and her 2 kids staying for a couple of days and they have just left and taken DS with them to drop off at mum's overnight.  DD & I will go and collect him tomorrow.  It's been a lovely couple of days with them, but the kids are getting really overtired! 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12623 on: January 14, 2014, 11:43:22 pm »
The curtains look lovely DJ. Best to keep going as much as you can, if you stop too long you might not get going again  ;)  Progress is being made and it was a huge undertaking so be proud of what you've done - have you given yourselves a timeframe to get the B & B up and running?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #12624 on: January 14, 2014, 11:51:42 pm »
Thanks all for your kind comments.
 Well there is a festival near here end of may, so hopefully by then, but won't panic if can't manage by then. Depends on other work, plus lambing in April by me must be considered if DH is busy.
Outside needs a lot of work, we will need to Tarmac, and tidy the garden.
We have to keep pushing on as best we can.

I get short of sleep when DH is away. I am not bothered when he is gone, but find going to sleep at normal time impossible. It will make tomorrow hard going.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12625 on: January 15, 2014, 02:24:30 am »
DJ some advice if you want to get some guests before the festival and will be on a website so people will find you, try and take some photo's now even if the rooms are not ready yet. It may be of the outside and a couple of areas that they will have access to, or even a local landmark etc just to peak the interest so they make an enquiry. You don't have to take a photo of the bedroom if there is stuff everywhere, but the view out of the window might be nice.  People may ask why you don't have a picture of the room, and you can always be honest and say that the rooms are currently being renovated but will be ready in time for their stay. Its better to get enquiries and bookings now if you can as you will have a broader market, rather than leaving to closer to festival time when you may even have to reduce the cost just because you need to put heads on pillows.

(I'm in the accommodation business over here in Oz)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

mcmich

« Reply #12626 on: January 15, 2014, 04:48:15 am »
Really pretty curtains DJ. I think you need to get Ruth Watson to do a piece on you in Country House Rescue.
DH and I love that show and I especially love Ruth.  :D

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12627 on: January 15, 2014, 06:22:15 am »
I've spent the afternoon altering 5 school uniforms and 1 pair of sports shorts for the GDs
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12628 on: January 15, 2014, 07:11:44 am »
Lovely curtains DJ. CP that is good advice to get out there as things are getting ready. You will have them queuing up DJ.

I enjoy Country House Rescue with Ruth Watson too. DH thinks she is a bossy .........  Love Escape to the Country too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12629 on: January 15, 2014, 07:28:30 am »
Love the curtains DJ ;D You certainly pack a lot in to a day,I'm exhausted at the thought of it :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.