Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7864923 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #29670 on: March 17, 2016, 09:04:40 pm »
yeah Friday, My new car arrived yesterday. i went to see it,  I pick it up next week. :) :) :) :) :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29671 on: March 17, 2016, 09:10:47 pm »
Good morning everyone, lovely rain overnight and our temp down to 20 today.  Today after our AGM I'm doing a TMX demo at my Probus Club, it's been a long time coming and I'll be glad when it's over. Katie was kind enough to offer to be my lacky on her day off with the serving of samples and washing up.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #29672 on: March 17, 2016, 09:47:44 pm »
Good morning everyone.  Heavy rain here at the moment and the temp is ddown to 15.  A big difference from yesterday when we had 32.

Good luck with your TMX demo today Judy.  I'm sure it will be a success with all your kowledge and recipes.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29673 on: March 17, 2016, 10:11:37 pm »
Good luck with your demo today Judy. :-*

A cold night here 2c.Off to bed,good night friends :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #29674 on: March 17, 2016, 10:23:03 pm »
Morning all....
I'm sure you will do a wonderful job of your demo JD & Katie  :-*
:D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29675 on: March 18, 2016, 12:53:07 am »
Judy and Katie I can't wait to hear about your demo. I wonder if anyone will decide they need one?
I'm pleased it is cooler for most people, the heat zaps you. CC I hope you warm up, 2 is sooooo cold.
Our weather has been lovely. They keep forecasting rain, but we haven't seen any of it. I think I may have heard a couple of specks on the patio a few nights ago.

I saw some handy shoes at the show yesterday. They are fully washable. http://habitatapparel.com/shop.html
I thought they would be useful when travelling. I tried some on and noted what I liked so may buy some on line.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #29676 on: March 18, 2016, 03:21:40 am »
What did you get Obbie?

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #29677 on: March 18, 2016, 03:45:12 am »
Too late in the day to wish you and Katie luck with the demo, Judy, so I'll just ask how it went ... how many TMXs did you sell and are you on commission (you should be)!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #29678 on: March 18, 2016, 05:24:38 am »
Go Judy !  If anyone could convince people that they need one, it would be you with all that you do and know about the TM.  Hope you enjoyed doing it.  :D

How wonderful Obbie, bet you can't wait to get it now.  ;D

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #29679 on: March 18, 2016, 05:28:36 am »
Cookie, how do the shoes compare to the Mox ones you got?  I like the idea of them.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29680 on: March 18, 2016, 05:57:24 am »
Well, all your good luck wishes worked in our favour as the demo was a huge success.  The ladies are not in the age group to be buying a Thermomix, 99% of them had no idea what they were but our President thought it would be something they would like to see in action. I cannot thank Katie enough for her help today, she was buzzing around furiously the whole time serving samples or in the kitchen washing up with a little help from some of the members at times.  She also managed to take a few photos here and there, I don't know how she found time to do that!

As I only had 1.25 hours available for the demo, I prepared the following at home earlier.

I made and bottled 3 litres of the Orange Squash recipe from the original UK EDC.
Dips - cookies beetroot & cashew plus the herb & garlic dip from the EDC
A batch of My Thermie Rules 4 ingredient cheese crackers
2 Vienna bread sticks
Tenina's caramelized white chocolate bark with fruit and nuts.
A batch of peanut butter/choc chip biscuits and white chocolate and coffee biscuits from the forum - they were all supplied with a plastic bag so they could take the biscuits home.

For the demo I made a blueberry, yoghurt & banana smoothie.
Pea & Mint soup from the latest UK book
Non-fried rice from the Recipe Community
ILB's eggless custard from the forum.  I asked one of our members to make this, she was very impressed that it was so easy. 

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:58:59 am by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29681 on: March 18, 2016, 06:00:24 am »
More photos
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:02:01 am by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29682 on: March 18, 2016, 06:18:08 am »
That sounds brilliant Judy.

Julie the Mox shoes are all rubber and very flat on the ground. I love mine.
The shoes from Habitiat have a non slip sole and a very comfortable. I only tried a pair on but I'm thinking seriously of getting a pair on line. They are woven strips of ???  I loved the fluoro green ones and they were very comfortable too. I may weaken and get those too.
The fact that they can be worn in the water caught my eye, as when we launch the boat at Monkey Mia I'm always watching where to put my feet, also at low tide the boat ramp becomes extremely slippery. I figured it was worth the money to see how they go.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #29683 on: March 18, 2016, 06:35:12 am »
What a great thing you did Judy,  I'm so glad it was a hit.  Is good to see your smiling face.  ;D

Thanks Cookie for that info.  I like how they are supposedly so comfortable and I think they would be perfect to carry in case a change of shoes is needed.  A few months ago we went out in Adelaide and we chose to walk to where we were going which was a bit further than we expected.  I had on high stilettos and by the end of the night my feet were killing me.  Had bruised big toe nails for a while after that.  ;D

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #29684 on: March 18, 2016, 06:53:53 am »
Judy did a great job today with her demo.  She has been busy for weeks planning and testing recipes.

All the ladies loved the food and they couldn't believe Judy had made everything herself.  Many asked if Judy was going to give them the recipes.  I know Judy is going to provide the pea and mint soup recipe (converted back to traditional cooking methods) for their next newsletter.

It was fun and enjoyed talking to all the ladies.  They were all so lovely and polite.  The biscuits to take home were also very much appreciated by all the ladies.

And Judy had bought me some tickets in their raffle and I won a prize!  Four little pots of Beerenberg jam  ;D
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child