Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7916523 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #29490 on: February 29, 2016, 03:35:19 am »
Beautiful home Chookie and lovely surrounds.  I can only imagine what your new house is like  :)

Good luck, I hope you find the right buyer.  :D

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #29491 on: February 29, 2016, 05:40:21 am »
Good afternoon everyone.

Chookie, your home is beautiful I'm sure someone will come along and fall in love with it.  How could they not?
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #29492 on: February 29, 2016, 06:01:39 am »
What a beautiful home Chookie. I'm sure you will be equally happy .in your new place, especially being closer to family.
The packing never seems end, I am glad we have these next 6 days in Melbourne. It is like a forced break from the packing before the madness of moving later in March.
We got caught up in an incident in a park yesterday, close to where my son lives. DH, DS 3 yo GS and I were in the playground, there were probably about 6 other parents and some small children playing. There was a youth about the age of 18-20 sitting on one of the swings. It was strange because we all thought it was strange didn't say anything to each other. He appeared to walk off but as he did, he grabbed a handbag from a ladies pram and ran across a nearby oval. My son and the partner of the woman whose bag was taken, chased after him. They kept running till out of sight. To cut a long story short, DS and other guy couldn't catch him, they ran through parks, open fields and residential for about 6k. All of us back at the park were worried because they were gone so long. When they finally got back, the police were on their way to where he was last sighted, and because the ladies bag had her phone in it, another male friend was able to track the guys movements from the App,find my phone.
We never heard whether they caught him, we assume they did.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29493 on: February 29, 2016, 06:39:45 am »
That is very disturbing Katj. These dreadful things seem to be happening everywhere. One of the guys DH goes to car club with mentioned that there had been a young man with dark skin prowling around their home ( up in the hills) carrying a shot gun. I would be spooked.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29494 on: February 29, 2016, 08:59:16 am »
Hi friends.
A sunny but frosty start to the day here.Walking on frozen ground again,Chance ran everywhere putting up Pheasants. :-))

It always lovely to see you home Chookie.The photos are spectacular.

What a disturbing incident for your family to be involved in Katj.Fortunately the lady had the App find my phone on their mobile.Lets hope the police caught the culprit.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:25:59 am by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29495 on: February 29, 2016, 09:19:48 am »
Funny things going on in Adelaide too.  That's a great App Katj, I'm sure the culprit was caught but it would have been a worrying time waiting for your DS and the other chap to get back.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #29496 on: February 29, 2016, 11:20:42 am »
It sure was Judy, these days it doesn't pay to be a hero when incidents like this happen. It just makes you so angry that you can't even spend a pleasant afternoon in a playground with your kids or Grandkids.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #29497 on: February 29, 2016, 08:57:08 pm »
Katj that is terrible, what people will do. I hope they caught him.
all well here, lots of quotes to do this week.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #29498 on: February 29, 2016, 10:07:24 pm »
Morning all.
Kat, that is awful. That app is very good.  Forgot that we had it when I lost my phone recently. I got Ral to ring my phone and we could hear it ringing . Thought it was in the lining in my hand bag which was on my lap in the car.  I had emptied everything out, could hear it ringing but couldn't find it. I had tucked it into the top of my bra, no wonder I could hear it ringing!!
Better get going the carriers are here and I am following them with the vac.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29499 on: February 29, 2016, 11:13:59 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D  That's so funny Chookie, I've never tried that one!  Have a great day settling some furniture into your new house. 

Good morning everyone, lots of news here on the forum today.  Cancellation of FF 2016 and CC's new posting of another book giveaway competition so plenty to get your minds thinking this morning.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:20:13 pm by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29500 on: March 01, 2016, 12:59:02 am »
It is nice exciting and sad exciting Judy.

I had a laugh about the phone Chookie. I put my phone in my bra when we are out in the old car, otherwise I can't hear it. If it rings I have to get DH to pull over as the engine is so loud I can't hear.

Chookie and Ral I am sending you all my energy today. Take care.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:03:21 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #29501 on: March 01, 2016, 02:27:55 am »
CC you are extremely generous and kind - to buy two copies of the much sort after UK cookbook with your own funds and then to pay to post them to the winners wherever they may live. 

I'm sure the competition will be hugely popular as the book is certainly hard to get if you live in Australia.  Thank you Denise for being so lovely  :)
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #29502 on: March 01, 2016, 04:47:22 am »
CC, what a generous person you are. Not surprised at all as we are still enjoying all the wonderful gifts you brought when you came for a very short stay.
We are in at Invermay.  I think we were very lucky with the carriers. Nothing broken or chipped. 2 very nice men.  Nothing was too much trouble. DD and GC coming for Dinner. They are bringing Country Roast Take away.
Sorry to see that FF has been cancelled for this year. It has been the highlight of the years that we have attended.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29503 on: March 01, 2016, 04:58:33 am »
Ditto to Katie's & Chookie's postings.  Love the person you are Den, we are so lucky to have you on the team and even luckier are those who met you in Sydney, Melbourne & Adelaide xxx

Online Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #29504 on: March 01, 2016, 07:08:14 am »
Gosh there is so much happening.  So disappointed about FF 16, but Cairns was obviously going to be a huge challenge for us all, fingers crossed that '17 will work out.

Love your phone / bra story, Chookie!  I can also see you running after the removalists with the vac. cleaner!  It sounds as though you are settling down in your new home very quickly.

We got some sad news today that a very dear aunt in NZ had passed away this morning after many years of yo-yoing in and out of hospital, so now it is panic stations here sorting out everything as her funeral is on Friday in Wellington.

Good news is that I picked up our car today which had been in the panel shop for a week following a close encounter with a kangaroo on New Year's Eve morning.

Trying to think of a good book to read on the plane - something light, like the Rosie Project - any suggestions?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.