Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7955035 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #28875 on: January 02, 2016, 08:41:43 pm »
good morning all. packed up Christmas yesterday,  did a big spring clean, ready for work Monday.

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #28876 on: January 02, 2016, 10:24:15 pm »
Good morning everyone.Very windy here today.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28877 on: January 02, 2016, 11:26:21 pm »
lol its been non stop at my place, I need a holiday, when is forum fest on this year

Indeed. Good question uni. I shall start a thread.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28878 on: January 03, 2016, 12:31:07 am »
Good morning everyone.  Not too early to start talking about FF 2016, these things take a while to organise and the months go by so quickly these days.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28879 on: January 03, 2016, 04:54:43 am »
Took the lights, decorations and tree down today
I am very much enjoying our weather it's been absolutely perfect summer weather

I'm glad you are enjoying Suzanne. 😃😃😃😃😃do you ever have the air con going?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

« Reply #28880 on: January 03, 2016, 05:16:33 am »
Took the lights, decorations and tree down today
I am very much enjoying our weather it's been absolutely perfect summer weather

I'm glad you are enjoying Suzanne. 😃😃😃😃😃do you ever have the air con going?
I don't like having it on but the 5 other people living here do

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #28881 on: January 03, 2016, 05:32:51 am »
Today Richard took me to Jamie's Italian for lunch. It was part of my Xmas present. We had a lovely time. The food was good - but I couldn't help thinking with my Thermomix and Phillips pasta machine I can do meals just as good at home.

Yesterday we made dog food (like we do every month or so). When it came to putting the containers into the freezer I struggled to find room. The freezers, fridge and pantry seemed to be fuller than ever. So we've decided to do our own take on the $21 challenge - starting from now we only have $21 to spend on groceries and other food items. Another rule is we have to shop, eat and cook as we normally would (for example we always buy organic milk, so we have to still buy this expensive milk we can't switch to cheaper supermarket brands, we also have to cook and eat meals similar to what we normally have, we have to eat lots of vegies like we always do, so we can't have things like cheese on toast for dinner etc). We are going to see how long our $21 will last.  Milk and vegies is what will eat up the budget I reckon.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

*suzanne*

« Reply #28882 on: January 03, 2016, 07:01:44 am »
Is that $21 a week or day Katie? We spend about  $70 a week on bread and milk I could probably make our bread though , yesterday I spent  $40  on fruit alone which will probably be gone by tomorrow this year I'm going to try and budget really hard with the groceries here's hoping

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #28883 on: January 03, 2016, 07:11:49 am »
It's $21 for as long as we can stretch it. I'm sure we can go a week, but we will see.
We seem to have way too much food here. Milk and vegies is all we should need to buy.  I already have my first week of meals planned.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28884 on: January 03, 2016, 07:31:02 am »
I will be interested in how you go Katie. My challenge is to empty the freezer before I buy any meat.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28885 on: January 03, 2016, 08:02:54 am »
I can't wait to see how it goes Katie. My freezer has a couple of pieces of meat and about 6 pieces of chicken in it. The rest is bread, rolls, curry paste and goodness knows what. Although I do keep all my nuts in the freezer and it has helped a lot with pantry moth outbreaks.  I like your idea I might try a modified version to use up bits and pieces.
It fits well with a recipe I just found. I have a bit of mascarpone in the fridge, some sour cream and in the pantry a large jar of cherries. It's a Yuletide Cherry Slice. It would use up 3 things! 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28886 on: January 03, 2016, 08:04:22 am »
HI friends.
Another very wet day forecast here :-)) Not walking Chance this morning as I'm feeling bad and have a hacking cough!! DH is on walking duties for me.

It will be interesting how far your shopping budget goes Katie.I really need to think about your challenge myself.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28887 on: January 03, 2016, 08:51:58 am »
Good luck Katie, if anyone can pull it off it would be you.  I can see you surrounded by cookbooks doing all that planning and weaving your magic on paper.  I totally give up trying to empty mine, it's been a never ending battle for me for years.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28888 on: January 03, 2016, 01:19:04 pm »
That sounds very interesting Katie.  I'm on a mission to empty my cupboards too. We will be moving in a couple of months and be nice to eat it down. I also need to get back on the low carb trying to trim for the wedding but silly me couldn't resust 3 ( yes 3) cheap Christmas puddings! How silly am I?
Denise

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #28889 on: January 03, 2016, 06:34:08 pm »
CC, hope you feel better soon.

Today we hand over the keys to the shop we just closed and that will be the end to that part of our lives, so we are on holiday for the next two weeks ... Yippeee!  We have been living off snack, take-away and junk food for the past 1 1/2 weeks and I have been up most of last night (this morning) in the loo because my stomach is vigorously protesting at the abuse I have been feeding it!  I am very much looking forward to having time to cook and eat decent food again.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.