Author Topic: Recipe app for iPad?  (Read 24990 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Recipe app for iPad?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:25 am »
Ok. The main differences I can see are that when your reading a topic the unread topics are on one side of a split screen and the topic you have high lighted is on the other side of the screen so you can scroll trough the topic while having the other side of the screen displaying unread topics.
You can also brows the forum on the net from the tapatalk app. So of you need to search for something to add a link to a topic you can easily.
There is also a timeline section that lists all topics in order of time posted.
Other than that it's not a lot different but I prefer the HD version for ease of use.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 10:36:43 am »
Thanks dede I will think about changing.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 08:18:58 pm »
Dede how does recipe book work please?
I really want something that will take recipes from this forum and put them in order without me having to type in ingredients etc.

Thanks again.
Paprika was refunded no problem.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 09:29:59 pm »
This is what I do DJ
When you go into the app you click on find recipe, this then takes you to a screen where you need to add the forums web address for the first time and paste into the search box.
Once your on the forum you need to find the recipe you want.
No click on custom import (I think that's what it says)
Type in the recipe name (or copy and paste)
Then I highlight the ingredients only and click on add to ingredients list.
Then highlight the directions and click on add to directions list.
Then you can save it.
If there is a photo you can save that as well.
All the recipes are added alphabetically.
You can edit the recipe and put it in a category like breads, desserts, mains etc.
I find it nice and easy to use.
Hope that helps. :)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2012, 09:20:53 pm »
Deed do you need a pc and mouse for highlighting or will an iPad work.
Sorry to appear dim, just want to get it right this time.
Many Thanks
DJ

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 11:58:54 pm »
You can highlight using the iPad. You just hold your finger down on the screen at the start of what you are wanting to copy. Some options will pop up like select , select all etc or the word will be highlighted. You can either press select and drag the highlighted dots down until you have everything highlighted that you want and add to ingredients or directions from there.
Sorry my directions are not real clear, I only just got out of bed and my brain isn't working to well :D

Offline hopefulcook

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 12:18:45 pm »
I am also wanting an app to store all my recipes, so a few more silly questions:
On Paprika (which I am leaning towards at the moment), what is a "widget" and what would I need to do to be able to convert a recipe to Paprika?
Also, can you use the app on a PC, I have a lot of recipes typed into word that I would like to convert (through iTunes?)
Can you send to Apple TV?
Can you back -up the files on your PC (I am terrified one of my kids will delete by accident, and I know it is a big job...)
Thank you so much!

Offline hopefulcook

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2012, 10:07:47 am »
Sorry to bump, but I wondered if anyone can help answer my questions above? Most importantly, can I use on my PC too? (easier to type there than on my iPad for my hand-written recipes).

Offline kipje

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 10:57:27 am »
I have paprika on the iphone and Mac computer but I don't think you can use it on a PC yet,

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2012, 11:17:38 am »
I'm not sure either about your questions HC. Sorry

stacelee

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2012, 02:07:42 pm »
Paprika will import mastercook formatted files so you can use software on the pc such as living cookbook to enter recipes and export them as a mastercook file.  The latest version of paprika will allow you to export recipes as an HTML file.  I haven't tried importing that into living cookbook yet...I'll try it tomorrow.

I don't think there is any way to get them to an apple tv but that may change in the future if apple do implement apps on that platform (which has been rumored for a while)

There is the ability to do a manual backup in paprika which you can then access through iTunes.  You can also use their cloud sync feature which lets you have the same recipes between devices.  I use it between my iPad, iPhone and Mac.  They are shortly releasing an android version which I will use on my kindle fire.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2012, 08:35:46 pm »
I had a refund on paprika from itunes as I couldn't take recipes from here and that was the whole point.
Maybe I am just not very good at it?

stacelee

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2012, 09:23:01 pm »
It's pretty fiddle to get the recipes off here with paprika.  I use living cookbook on my pc or macgourmet on my Mac and then import them to paprika.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2012, 10:31:13 pm »
My pc is in an office away from home. I only have iPad at home.

stacelee

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2012, 10:42:24 pm »
I'm a bit of a techno geek so I have a trail of electronic devices that follow me around...unfortunately it looks like my kids are following in my footsteps.  I have a electronic systems engineering degree and my son is looking at a bachelor of it/bachelor of multimedia for next year and my feral fairy is also doing very well in her i.t subject.  They both have iPads, kindles , laptops etc which I am very proud of them for having actually earnt the money for (even if I'm the twit that has to drive them to work :( )