Author Topic: Full Steam Ahead - links to reviews  (Read 31182 times)

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Full Steam Ahead - links to reviews
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 01:12:47 pm »
I actually love the stuffed chicken pockets but not the sauces in the recipe with it.

I've made a few of the desserts too the yeast dumplibgs with berry sauce was yummy

Offline STD

• View Profile
Re: Full Steam Ahead - links to reviews
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 04:58:46 pm »
Hi Bambi - what sauce do you like with the chicken?

Might give them a go sometime!

Sam  :)

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Full Steam Ahead - links to reviews
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 10:44:14 pm »
I actually don't serve a sauce with them. We eat them with mash that I cook under them while they steam and I put some veg around the chicken. Very tasty.

Offline STD

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 05:41:56 am »
Thanks Bambi! I think I'm going to try it with a parsley cheese sauce!  :D Will let you know how it goes!

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Full Steam Ahead - links to reviews
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 08:45:40 am »
Thanks Bambi! I think I'm going to try it with a parsley cheese sauce!  :D Will let you know how it goes!
Oh that would be great!

Offline STD

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 12:57:54 pm »
Hi Bambi - it was great! I didn't have a recipe so just kinda made a custard without the sugar and added tonnes of parsley and cheese until I got a nice tasting sauce. THe cornflour thickened it and apart from looking a weird green colour 'cos the TMX chopped it ALL up  ;D it was a hit!

Offline cowley

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 01:33:31 am »
I bought this book as it is the monthly demo incentive and I am really disappointed in it. If consultants are trying to promote the varoma it should be with regular, interesting recipes. I am disappointed as I would use the varoma more for family meals than for dinner parties. i don't actually have dinner parties yet I cook every night for my family. Imagine serving the kids blue cheese flan!

Shoot me down for saying this but if I was doing a special dinner party it would be unlikely that I would be steaming something in a varoma. Great for all the people that do! Maybe I have it all wrong but I would imagine that the type of people who would be using the varoma the most are busy mums with families. I would like to see a steaming recipe book for everyday meals with everyday ingredients and I think it would be way more popular. I will be giving my copy of Full Steam Ahead to someone else!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 01:50:59 am »
Most people are disappointed with this book cowley.  Have you checked out any of the reviews.  Must admit I haven't done much out of it either but our all-in-one section should have recipes that are more appealing.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cowley

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 02:02:39 am »
Yep ty. I have personally made some great recipes in the varoma. I am annoyed that I had to spend $40 on a book that is a waste of money.

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 03:06:05 am »
I bought it recently for $25, so hopefully I can find some recipes that I like to make it worthwhile. Some of the recipes look nice, but I agree with the point above, about more everyday recipes being a better idea.

Offline cowley

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 04:32:30 am »
There are some fantastic veroma recipes around like the ones on this site. I just love the veloute. It is scrummy. I was also given a marinaded beef stir fry and the meat is great in this. Come on Thermomix we want a family friendly varoma recipe book!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2013, 06:38:50 am »
Agreed. I don't even like the way it looks. To be honest I haven't bought any HO books for well over 12 months if not longer.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline LauraTO

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2014, 01:41:20 am »
This book came free when I bought my TM, and if anything reading through it turned me off the TM!  Gert, I think your review summed it up the best.  Lettuce soup? Cod in milk? Meat ring? Liver skewers? Perhaps these are considered top-notch dishes somewhere in the world, but not here in Canada, and it sounds like not in Australia either.  But maybe I'll give the stuffed cabbage a whirl. If I invited some adventurous friends (and liquored them up a bit) maybe I'd try the meat ring for a laugh.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2014, 01:46:28 am »
Not a much used book here in Australia Laura but there are quite a few reviews so perhaps you could check them out and you might find something from the list which appeals to you.  Meals from our all-in-one meals thread using the varoma probably has more recipes that suit you though.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline LauraTO

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 01:54:18 am »
Yes Judy the Varoma thread on here has been an inspiration! The "all in 1" aspect of the TM/varoma was a huge selling point for me. Makes this weirdo book even more of a disappointment but ah well, moving on to the winners!