Author Topic: Chicken & cashew noodles (Failsafe diet)  (Read 8627 times)

Offline Molly

• View Profile
Chicken & cashew noodles (Failsafe diet)
« on: October 15, 2010, 11:59:37 pm »
Delicious Chicken & Cashews with Noodles

Using the TMX to stir fry was a bit scary.  I was worried I'd end up with a mush of cooked vegies.  So, I watched carefully with this one, but didn't pay attention to times.    Also, when it came to cooking the chicken,  I...errrr... chickened out.  It was stirring slowly around in there and I suddenly thought it was going to end up an uncooked mush (not much faith in the TMX?) so I tipped it out to a hot fry pan.  

The golden syrup came out in a great big blob when the lid just popped off... so I'd estimated the quantity.  Teaches me to buy sauce bottles from $2 shops!!  When it comes to a noodle dish, I really do miss that smooth, slimy texture of the sauces on the noodles.  I hoped I could replicate this and I think I got it!!

Ingredients:

* 500g chicken breast
    * 1-2 tabs canola oil
    * 1-2 garlic cloves - crushed
    * 1 carrot - finely sliced - matchsticks
    * 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
    * bamboo shoots - sliced into matchsticks
    * snow peas - sliced roughly diagonally
    * 100-125g raw cashews
    * 2 spring onions - finely sliced diagonally
    * 1 tab corn flour
    * 1/2 cup water
    * 2 tabs golden syrup
    * 1 tsp sea salt

Method:

* Pre-heat TMX on Varoma temp for 2 minutes on Speed 1
    * Add garlic and set to Varoma temp for  7 minutes, reverse speed 1, then after 1 minute, while it continues to cook...
    * Add carrot, celery, bamboo shoot through hole in lid
    * Meanwhile, in fry pan, brown chicken
    * Add cashews to TMX through hole as it continues to stir fry
    * Combine corn flour, water, golden syrup and salt in a small bowl and have it ready to go in
    * Add cooked chicken through hole
    * Add Snow Peas, Spring Onions as it continues to cook in TMX and, finally add corn flour mixture
    * Allow to cook a further 2 minutes to get really well combined
    * Serve over wide rice noodles (with no colours, preservatives etc)

Ms D & C absolutely inhaled it...  Ms C again declaring it the 'best dinner ever'!  Honestly, she's going to have to tone it down a tad.  There's just no in between with this one.     But, even I had to admit it was delicious!!!

members' comments

Roses - I cooked this last night and served it with Risotto (because I had some left over) and it was delicious! I cubed the chicken and tossed lightly in seasoned flour and browned it in the frying pan before adding. Thanks for sharing, it will now be one of my favourite.

LeeJ - I made this for failsafe ds tonight, he is on a strict 'I don't want anything but bread and bickies' diet. But, guess what? He ate it!! One of the first meals he's willingly eaten in a while now. Will pop this on the regular list, thanks.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:06:37 pm by judydawn »
Mother of DD 10,  DD7,  DS3,  DS9m.
FAILSAFE diet for low salicylates, amines and glutamates and baaaad food additives.
My FAILSAFE recipe blog:  http://realfailsafemeals.blogspot.com/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Chicken & cashew noodles (Failsafe diet)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 12:30:57 am »
Good one.  I often "stir fry" the chicken pieces first after preheating the oil on Varoma for 3 or 4 minutes & then set aside & add back after veg done.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Roses

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 04:56:45 pm »
I cooked this last night and served it with Risotto (because I had some left over) and it was delicious!

I cubed the chicken and tossed lightly in seasoned flour and browned it in the frying pan before adding. Thanks for sharing, it will now be one of my favorites.  ;)

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 07:11:26 am »
I made this for failsafe ds tonight, he is on a strict 'I don't want anything but bread and bickies' diet  :-))

But, guess what? He ate it!! One of the first meals he's willingly eaten in a while now. Will pop this on the regular list, thanks :)

Offline Molly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 12:37:32 pm »
I made this for failsafe ds tonight, he is on a strict 'I don't want anything but bread and bickies' diet  :-))

But, guess what? He ate it!! One of the first meals he's willingly eaten in a while now. Will pop this on the regular list, thanks :)

Oh that's fantastic!!  Great news. 
Mother of DD 10,  DD7,  DS3,  DS9m.
FAILSAFE diet for low salicylates, amines and glutamates and baaaad food additives.
My FAILSAFE recipe blog:  http://realfailsafemeals.blogspot.com/