Author Topic: Porridge  (Read 56229 times)

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
Re: Porridge
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2012, 12:05:41 am »
I'm eating my porridge now.  YUM !!!  I used ILB's recipe. Halved it for 1 person. Cooked for 7 minutes on speed 3. Perfect
I do the best I can

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
Re: Re: Porridge
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 12:58:53 am »
Have been cooking it in the microwave but also looking for a good recipe for the TC. My hubby doesn't cook his long enough and I tried to show him this morning (making a small batch) how the oats change when they are actually 'cooked'! Would love to try some of these. I believe porridge can catch a bit especially cooked with milk, even in the tmx or am I wrong? Doesn't matter if it does a bit, guess its just a bit trickier to clean.

Will have a play this above proportions. The solid and cuts with a spoon description is like the way I've always liked it not runny. (unless you mix some cold Milk in afterwards. )
;)
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 01:14:58 am »
Lilli, it was really good. Nice and thick. I used 50g oats 100g water 100g milk and salt. 7 mins 80deg reverse speed 3.  I added sugar after as I like it sweet. I filled the bowl with water straight away and after I finished breakky, it cleaned up very easily with just a wash cloth. No scrubbing required.
I do the best I can

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2012, 01:53:52 am »
Lilli, I have been making a runny porridge for myself in the TC. I've mixed some Crio Bru with it sometimes too. I used 1/3 cup of oats(about 40g I think)' one small apple ( sliced with my Ikea corer/slicer) 2 tablespoons of yogurt, and 3/4 cup low fat milk. I whizz them together briefly on a high speed, and then cook at 70C on speed 4 for 7 minutes. For some reason, the addition of the apple stops it from catching on the bottom so much, and the sweetness from the apple means that I don't need to add honey. Sometimes I substitute some of the milk for water too.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline TamG

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2013, 03:08:21 am »
I love this recipe.   I had been using the variation (100g oats/400g liquid) but that was a bit too thick for us.  Today I went back to ILB's original recipe and it was perfect.  I made 1.5 times (3 of us eating) and I cooked it for 9 mins and it was great. 

Offline Mollyweasley

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2013, 12:29:30 pm »
I use stock instead of water.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2013, 07:17:06 am »
What flavour stock do you use please?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Mollyweasley

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2013, 12:36:22 pm »
vegetable or ligth chicken stock, sometimes with a little bit of paprika ("pimentón").

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2013, 01:04:08 pm »
Thanks. Would that make it like congee? I don't know much about it?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/