Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6142314 times)

mcmich

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11835 on: December 11, 2013, 07:17:32 pm »
That's funny Kimmy  ;D

DH is off to New Zealand for a week today for a Christmas family visit. I'm hoping we have time for a nice lunch together before he leaves.  :)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #11836 on: December 11, 2013, 08:20:30 pm »
Well DS is back, his train was late so I went food shopping as it is next to the station.
The fixing of his room will be when he has gone again Gert. No room to put him elsewhere at the mo.
Seems strange without dog here, even though he stayed  in the boot room.
See how 6 weeks goes. Gives me a bit more time on house.
It may be that he will be better as an outside dog, in a run in the day when not under supervision, so he can see it all going on but not run the road as he has been. He was fairly good on the sheep today, he is growing up fast.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: December 11, 2013, 08:40:01 pm »
DJ I think my puppy might need to go to sheep school too. He's started rounding up the children!!
  :D :D :D

Busy time for you DJ, hoping puppy comes back well trained making it easier for you  :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11838 on: December 11, 2013, 09:08:35 pm »
Big day DJ, I know he's a working dog but I would feel a little lost without my two - almost like the kids not being here.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11839 on: December 11, 2013, 09:41:35 pm »
Good luck when the boy comes back DJ, perhaps he will then know the difference between rounding up sheep and cars. I hope the trainer doesn't say he is just never going to make it as a working dog - I guess he has a reputation for bringing out the very best in the dogs he works with so fingers crossed he has success with yours.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11840 on: December 11, 2013, 11:45:28 pm »
DJ I think my puppy might need to go to sheep school too. He's started rounding up the children!!
  :D :D :D

Busy time for you DJ, hoping puppy comes back well trained making it easier for you  :)

LOL, your dog would make the perfect Pre-school assistant  :)

We've had a horror hay season....each day there seems to be a new drama  :-)). If its not the weather unpredictability, it's machinery.
2 weeks ago, hubby "stupidly" loaned his small square baler to his friend, who said he knows how to operate it...clearly did not and stuffed it completely  >:(  it has cost us $1000.00 in parts to fix it, not to mention a $10k loss of a job that hubby had to pass onto someone else, whilst it was out of action  >:( >:( >:(.  Finally he has listened to me saying NEVER loan out your equipment...kindness does not pay the bills!
Then his mower that goes behind the tractor (for cutting the hay), was smashed by a rock in a paddock... $900 & downtime to fix that...it went back into action only yesterday, and a surprise steel dropper in the paddock has damaged it beyond repair  :o  it's a write off, and hubby has hundreds of acres to cut before the heat next week!
....can't thank the gods, zodiacs, stars or whatever, but it was listed on our insurance, and it's a $25k replacement  :-X
I had only paid that policy last week (which was late, due to my slackness)....Talk about a close call....it would have been a divorce scenario had I not paid it  :P 

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: December 12, 2013, 12:37:02 am »
Oh Maddy - hugs.  :-*
:D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: December 12, 2013, 01:21:19 am »
Big hug from H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11843 on: December 12, 2013, 01:36:13 am »
Hugs Maddie, I don't envy the life of a farmer it's so unpredictable.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11844 on: December 12, 2013, 02:15:15 am »
It is never dull on a farm maddy but it sure is expensive to fix these machines.  I'm glad DH has seen the light regarding lending his equipment and doubly glad you paid that bill last week  ;)

I've been extremely busy rejuvenating my little herb/vegie tub, nothing on the scale maddy's husband has to cope with but this was a big enough job for me and one which was so overdue.  Removed quite a bit of soil, mixed in a bag of cow manure and a bag of compost, planted out spring onions, spinach, coriander, basil, parsley, mint and a chilli plant, mulched it then gave it a good dose of seasol mixture.  I saw Graham do this on a channel 7 programme the other night and decided this was just what my patch needed.  Now to sit back and see if it works.  Being awake at 7.30 this morning gave me that bit of extra time that I could spend out in the garden before visiting Geoff, I even filled the empty green bin whilst I was there so am very pleased with myself today.  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:32:18 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11845 on: December 12, 2013, 02:17:20 am »
Snap JD, I have just done our herb & veggie patch. Was up really early this morning & its all done & 2 loaves of bread too.

HHW :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: December 12, 2013, 02:55:37 am »
Maddy, you really have had a terrible few days.  Hoping the worst is behind you and that the harvest season can progress without further breakdowns. 

Judy, herb veggie tub looks great.  Hope things grow quickly for you  ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: December 12, 2013, 02:57:11 am »
Sending big hugs Hally.
glad for insurance.. :D

Judy the vege garden looks good.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #11848 on: December 12, 2013, 03:03:08 am »
The vegie and herb patch looks great JD.

Thank goodness you paid the insurance Maddy.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11849 on: December 12, 2013, 03:26:13 am »
Maddy I will never complain if my Thermomix  breaks down. Small potatoes which judy might put in her veggie garden. Well done JD and Hally

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.