Author Topic: Flourless Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Blender Muffins  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
I haven’t made these yet – hence the not quite precise TMX instructions - but will be very soon.  They’re flourless, dairy free, oil free, naturally gluten-free and about 100 calories each

1 medium/large ripe banana, peeled
1 large egg
heaping 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (recommendation is to use store bought)
1/3 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
3 tablespoons honey (or agave, brown rice syrup, or maple syrup)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste
heaping 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips + more for sprinkling muffin tops

Yield: 17 mini muffins

Preheat oven to 200 C. Prepare mini muffin pans by spraying very well with cooking spray or grease the pans; set aside.

Add first 8 ingredients to TMX and mix on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.

Add chocolate chips and stir on reverse, 10 – 20 seconds to combine.

Drop rounded tablespoons into prepared pans to 3/4 full.  Sprinkle each muffin with a generous pinch of chocolate chips.

Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the tops are set, domed, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.

With medium bananas, there's less batter, the muffin pans are less full, and 8-9 minutes is about right. With a larger banana or slightly more batter in each muffin pan, 11-12 minutes is right.  Due to the mini size and oven variance, watch your muffins closely, and bake until done.

Allow muffins to cool in pans for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until they've firmed up and are cool enough to handle.

Muffins will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. They get softer over time and taste better on days 2-3 after the flavours have married.

Depending on how ripe your banana is dictates how banana-ey the muffins taste. The less ripe, the less banana flavour, and also the less sweet the muffins will be. Since there’s only 3 tablespoons honey used, I prefer my banana on the riper side so the muffins are sweeter. Even with a very ripe banana, while you can taste the banana, it’s faint and muted by all the chocolate.

I got this recipe from averiecooks
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Flourless Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Blender Muffins
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 02:04:47 am »
Peanut butter, chocolate and the word muffins has to be a marriage made in heaven. I love the sound of these. Thanks Marina.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Flourless Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Blender Muffins
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:21:43 am »
Yum,  Marina.  If I hadn't just made Muffins from the Rum,  Raisin and Banana recipe , I would have made these.  Next time,  thanks.