Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496758 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #1320 on: June 19, 2013, 03:15:25 am »
I'm intrigued by this fitbit gizmo!  They are just out today here, so how's that for timing? 

I really struggle to find any more time in the day for exercise too.  DH gets up early and goes to the gym, so those mornings are out, unless we get some equipment for at home, but then there's a space issue.

My "fitness" at the moment consists of walking a lot, playing with the kids, occasional runs/walks/swims, and helping out with DS's sports.  I really need to do more. 

I lost a few kgs at the start of this year, but they seem to be slowly creeping back on.  I think I'm just worse at evening snacking on cold winter evening!  :-[
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 19, 2013, 03:45:17 am »
Jo, DH and I alternate our gym mornings so there is someone home with the kids and that seems to be working ok although DH would prefer to go more often but we need to make it fair for both of us.

Jeninwa, well done and take care of your shoulder.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 19, 2013, 08:53:21 am »
Well done Jen on your weight loss.Take care of your shoulder :-*

Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 19, 2013, 09:49:09 am »
Great weight losses everyone. If you are concerned at losing the weight, please don't be, I have found it.  :'( :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #1324 on: June 19, 2013, 10:33:09 am »
I'm pretty excited as I've lost 7.1kgs now and have dropped almost two dress sizes. Clothes shopping is so much fun now!!!  I am really loving weight watchers and am finding it all really easy (never hungry or feeling deprived). I have cut back a lot on baking and we are all eating more fruit, crackers etc for snacks rather than biscuits and cakes.  Hubby has even lost a few kilo's without even trying. I have adopted a no excuses approach to exercise that is working well for me. I normally walk/run each day (at dawn with a torch and raincoat) and I've hired a cross trainer machine to use when my shin splints play up and I need low impact.  I bought a secondhand bike and have been getting out with the kids at weekends. I've also joined a yoga class and swim fit class (aqua bootcamp) with my friends. Am having a ball!  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 19, 2013, 10:57:12 am »
Nice to hear what you've been up to Chelsea, miss your postings.  Life must be very busy for you these days and congratulations on your weight loss, that's a fantastic outcome.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 20, 2013, 02:49:57 am »
 Chelsea that is a great weight loss. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 20, 2013, 05:06:35 am »
Chelsea well done on the weight loss sounds like you are going really well.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 20, 2013, 08:56:40 am »

I really struggle to find any more time in the day for exercise too.  DH gets up early and goes to the gym, so those mornings are out, unless we get some equipment for at home, but then there's a space issue.

My "fitness" at the moment consists of walking a lot, playing with the kids, occasional runs/walks/swims, and helping out with DS's sports.  I really need to do more. 

Jo there is nothing wrong with what you are currently doing for fitness.  However if you want more and going to the gym is an issue there are a lot of body weight exercises you can do. Do you have an iPad? There is a good app called Your Body is Your Gym. It demonstrates the exercises as well as having built in programs. 

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 21, 2013, 11:19:26 am »
Thanks Den. No, no iPad, but I will check if android app store has something...

In summer I think I am fairly active, but now with the miserable weather we just don't seem to move around as much!  So I think I would like to find something more.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 23, 2013, 03:57:30 am »
Hi Den, I have looked for that app but can't find it, sounds good

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 23, 2013, 05:20:49 am »
Hi Rainbow, I think you might find its called "you are your own gym"

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 23, 2013, 05:28:17 am »
Hi Rainbow, The full name is Bodyweight Training: You are your own Gym. There is a book available as well.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 23, 2013, 01:04:29 pm »
Thanks, found it now 😃😃

Offline Wei

• View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 26, 2013, 10:42:06 am »
Hi Chelsea, congrats on your weight loss progress! I'm a fan of your blog. My husband and I really love the recipes I found on your blog, however when I tried to retrieve the lentil and sausage hotpot with mash recipe, I realized all the recipes are gone. Can you please let me know how to retrieve them? They are treasures to me and my family! Love your work! Many thanks.