Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496038 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #1260 on: April 18, 2013, 04:00:35 pm »
Well the weight is still coming off although I'm not trying to hard and give in to some tempations. I plan to start focussing more on weight loss in about 2-3 weeks time after inlaws return and hopefully not have as many visitors and therefore temptations to eat things I shouldn't. I am very thirsty but don't drink as much as I should.

Looking after two is certainly keeping me busy....when I'm on my own but can't complain. I'm not sure how I'd keep up if I weren't feeling well though so motivation to eat healthier.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #1261 on: April 19, 2013, 07:24:58 am »
great to hear tasty;D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 07, 2013, 02:42:30 pm »
I ave been trying to get back on the weight loss challenge since my weight has crept up to a place it hasn't been in several years. Tonight after a light dinner I was feeling like something. So after some thought and prowling through the cupboards I chucked a frozen banana some raw cacao powder, stevia and 250ml skim milk into Thermie, speed 10 for 20 seconds.

It was devine.  I will have to keep this one in mind for an occasional dessert.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 08, 2013, 12:17:39 am »
That sounds good Den :D And well done, it was pretty healthy too ;)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 08, 2013, 03:18:38 am »
Den I've heard frozen banana is a great alternative for icecream.

As for me, I've returned to my prepregnancy weight for baby no.2 - yay! and I haven't been trying all that hard and have given in to temptations. Now I want to work harder to return to my weight before baby no.1! I need to get fitter too as I am feeling less motivated and seem to have less energy for exercise. This rainy weather isn't helping so I have to find exercises to do at home.

Oh and I've also discovered a great show on tv on ch74 called Peggy K's Kitchen cures. She's a holistic nutritionist and shows healthy alternatives to meals and usually has a theme such as: stressbusting food, how to get rid of muffin tops and thunder thighs, how to eat to get better sleep, etc. I really like it and have started trying her recipes which are yummy as well as healthy. Have converted some to TMX so will post here when I get time.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 08, 2013, 09:35:37 am »
Well done Tasty.  That show sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing some of your conversions.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1266 on: May 21, 2013, 12:16:03 pm »
Den I've heard frozen banana is a great alternative for icecream.

As for me, I've returned to my prepregnancy weight for baby no.2 - yay! and I haven't been trying all that hard and have given in to temptations. Now I want to work harder to return to my weight before baby no.1! I need to get fitter too as I am feeling less motivated and seem to have less energy for exercise. This rainy weather isn't helping so I have to find exercises to do at home.

Oh and I've also discovered a great show on tv on ch74 called Peggy K's Kitchen cures. She's a holistic nutritionist and shows healthy alternatives to meals and usually has a theme such as: stressbusting food, how to get rid of muffin tops and thunder thighs, how to eat to get better sleep, etc. I really like it and have started trying her recipes which are yummy as well as healthy. Have converted some to TMX so will post here when I get time.

I look forward to some conversions! I'm watching my weight right now, too. I need to lose about 6 more kgs. I've lost 3, so doing well. I'm cheating, though, using Herbalife as a kickstart. I'm not enamoured with the idea of shakes, but it's working, so I'm going with it.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #1267 on: May 21, 2013, 01:16:54 pm »
MJ,  go with whatever works.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1268 on: May 21, 2013, 02:16:32 pm »
MJ,  go with whatever works.
Thanks chookie!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 22, 2013, 01:00:05 pm »
Well after a wonderful trip, I find myself a few kilos overweight and its hard to break the wine and choc in the evening, what can I nibble and drink ???

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 22, 2013, 01:02:34 pm »
Celery & carrot sticks rainbow  ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 22, 2013, 01:09:53 pm »
Capsicum is good too ;D

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1272 on: May 22, 2013, 01:27:30 pm »
I still have my wine, but the choc is now a small handful of dark choc coated goji berries. They're delicious.
The Bush Gourmand

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 22, 2013, 03:37:22 pm »
I saw them in our local chemist MJ and wondered how they would taste.

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 22, 2013, 11:37:18 pm »
Dark chocolate coated dried blueberries are apparently very nice too, but down here they're very expensive :P