Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496426 times)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #1140 on: November 02, 2012, 07:27:14 am »
The best time for busy people to exercise is in the morning!

And to break a habit (ie wine drinking at night) you need to replace it with something else like doing 10 sit ups or singing out loud or craft or something that you enjoy that doesn't involve eating/drinking
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 07, 2012, 03:25:55 pm »
This thread has gone a little quiet..................
I had a FAB result today  :o happy dance!!!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1142 on: November 07, 2012, 07:28:58 pm »
Yes I have been slack with the weight loss challenge. I need to get back on track. Don't think I have put on any weigh (or maybe just a little)
With so much happening in my life I have kind of left the weight loss challenge behind. Time to pull my socks up and get back into it :)
Well done Meagan on your result.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 07, 2012, 09:14:28 pm »
Well done Megan.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 08, 2012, 03:45:33 am »
well done Megan :) :) :)  I need to loose 10 kilos, any one want them..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 08, 2012, 03:56:39 am »
I haven't been able to get back on track since I came back from Tassie a month ago. Have  lost 1 of the 2 kgs I put on while there and after I got back.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 08, 2012, 04:00:37 am »
I haven't put any weight on but very unmotived. Have been keeping up with my PT once a week and walking the dogs a bit. After chatting to the PT my lack of motivation last weekend we are trying a few different things which will hopefully get me back on track.  DH has been loosing weight without even trying and has now lost too much and has started at the gym to add bulk!!!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 08, 2012, 04:47:29 am »
well done Megan :) :) :)  I need to loose 10 kilos, any one want them..

You can do it Obbie!!

Note sure where mine went but it is gone forever!!

Round 4 of Michelle Bridges 12WBT starts November 19th so if any of you are planning on signing up you need to do it before this date otherwise you need to wait until the start of the first round next year in early Feb :)

Offline VieveMS

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 08, 2012, 06:56:36 am »
Meagan, what exactly is the Michelle Bridges 12WBT challenge?  Sorry, I know its probably already covered somewhere in this thread but I don't really want to read all 70 odd pages  ;D

I am trying to make more of a conscious effort to make healthier choices as I really want to lose weight before christmas.  I already do a fair bit of exercise (PT sessions at the gym, bushwalking, etc) so for me it is all about my diet.  Since getting Thermie almost 4 weeks ago I am eating more fresh food but I'm also now making things I would never have cooked before (ice-cream, chocolate brownies, etc.).

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 08, 2012, 07:48:05 am »
Moderation is the key Vieve ;)

I need to loose 10 kilos, any one want them..

I don't want them, but I would be so happy for you if you lost them Robyn :D

stacelee

« Reply #1150 on: November 08, 2012, 08:35:43 am »
I agree with Amy about moderation being the key.  Every time I have tried to follow a set diet plan I have failed dismally.  Since 30 October last year I have been eating between 1200 and 1500 calories a day of every and any sort of food....including a few home made treats along the way.  I have to stick to those sorts of calories cos I am only 5 foot tall!  I try to be conscious of the quality of the food that I eat so lots of fresh fruit, vegetables and good quality cuts of meat.  I limit some types of carbohydrates like bread, because they tend to trigger food cravings for me.  The thing I really wanted to accomplish was finding a way of losing weight that fitted into my family's lifestyle....I've tried shakes etc but it was all too hard.

I've now lost 35 kg in 12 months and gone from a size 22 to between a size 12 to 14.  I try to do about 10000 to 15000 steps a day but usually don't have time to "exercise". Most of my steps come from normal activity or by walking when I'm on the phone at work or just back and forth across my office for ten minutes at a time (looks dumb but at least I'm moving) I want to start regularly using the treadmill when the brat finishes school next week and I'm no longer doing the nightmare 6.30 start on the freeway.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 08, 2012, 01:32:13 pm »
Meagan, what exactly is the Michelle Bridges 12WBT challenge?  Sorry, I know its probably already covered somewhere in this thread but I don't really want to read all 70 odd pages  ;D

I am trying to make more of a conscious effort to make healthier choices as I really want to lose weight before christmas.  I already do a fair bit of exercise (PT sessions at the gym, bushwalking, etc) so for me it is all about my diet.  Since getting Thermie almost 4 weeks ago I am eating more fresh food but I'm also now making things I would never have cooked before (ice-cream, chocolate brownies, etc.).

Vieve you can check it out at www.12wbt.com if you want to message me or email me your email address I can send you an invite. It is hands down the best $200 I have spent on fitness, weightloss and mindset training. It is an amazing program.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 08, 2012, 01:33:00 pm »
I agree with Amy about moderation being the key.  Every time I have tried to follow a set diet plan I have failed dismally.  Since 30 October last year I have been eating between 1200 and 1500 calories a day of every and any sort of food....including a few home made treats along the way.  I have to stick to those sorts of calories cos I am only 5 foot tall!  I try to be conscious of the quality of the food that I eat so lots of fresh fruit, vegetables and good quality cuts of meat.  I limit some types of carbohydrates like bread, because they tend to trigger food cravings for me.  The thing I really wanted to accomplish was finding a way of losing weight that fitted into my family's lifestyle....I've tried shakes etc but it was all too hard.

I've now lost 35 kg in 12 months and gone from a size 22 to between a size 12 to 14.  I try to do about 10000 to 15000 steps a day but usually don't have time to "exercise". Most of my steps come from normal activity or by walking when I'm on the phone at work or just back and forth across my office for ten minutes at a time (looks dumb but at least I'm moving) I want to start regularly using the treadmill when the brat finishes school next week and I'm no longer doing the nightmare 6.30 start on the freeway.

Well done Stacelee!! That is just fantastic :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 08, 2012, 09:58:50 pm »
Well done stacked fantastic effort and a great way to loose the weight.

I was back to the gym this morning to get a new program to try and get my motivation back up again. The pt gave me a key which you put into all the machines and it tracks what you are doing and asses it against your baseline fitness test. Will see if I find that more motivating.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 08, 2012, 10:27:25 pm »
That key sounds interesing Wonder, I have never seen them before. You'll have to let us know whether it works for you :)