Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496683 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #1020 on: September 06, 2012, 03:11:40 pm »
I don't need support I need liposuction  :'(

Research has found that people who have liposuction put fat back on but in other places like the arms and legs. Sorry ladies hard work and clean living is the only way.

I got out for a run tonight. I changed into my running gear straight after work that way I had no excuse to not go. Ran 10k.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 06, 2012, 03:38:57 pm »
I got out for a run tonight. I changed into my running gear straight after work that way I had no excuse to not go. Ran 10k.

J.E.A.L.O.U.S :-)) :-))
I saw the physio today. No running for me until my hip stops hurting. Which could be a while. Turns out it is my adductor rather than my flexor. He picked up on a few other things too. He's a really good physio :D

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 06, 2012, 03:58:18 pm »
Amy, you must start looking after yourself. How is the spider bite? 
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 06, 2012, 03:59:26 pm »
Sorry  :D ;Dforgot again :) ;) ;D ;) :)
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 06, 2012, 11:44:36 pm »
The spider bite looks to have cleared up, thanks Sue ;) ;D :D :) 8)
Never found the damn spider though! >:(

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 07, 2012, 02:17:45 am »
Not good news that you are still not able to run, but great that they physio seems good and picked up a few other things for you. Keep up the good work.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 07, 2012, 02:29:08 am »
It is good that you got to see the physio. Hopefully it won't take too long before you can run again. What course of treatment did the physio recommend? 

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 07, 2012, 03:51:49 am »
The physio gave me some stretches for my hip and calves that need to be done at least four times every day. He said my hip might take up to five weeks to be completely functional again :o :( He noticed when I was walking that my left leg roatates inwards when I walk, which is most likely due to the injury. I have to try and stop doing that.
He also said that I've probably had chronic tightness in my calves since primary school because I had a disease called Sever's disease. He said I need acupuncture :o :( :-X

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 07, 2012, 04:02:55 am »
Acupuncture or dry needling as it is sometime calle3d when physios do it really works well. It doesn't really hurt and when it is done in conjunction with massage it is amazing at relaxing the muscles.

My physio would find trigger points (sore knots in the muscle) and stick the needle in them. The muscle would jump and twitch but when she took the needle out it was relaxed.

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 07, 2012, 04:10:45 am »
Its not a good thought for someone with a phobia of needles though Den :( :( :(
I struggled even when he was massaging them yesterday. Ouch :( He was very good though, and he's a really nice guy :)
I'm seeing him once a week for the next three weeks I think.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 07, 2012, 04:19:47 am »
I had dry needling for the first time last week on my knee because it's been rolling in as a result of never getting my hip sorted. I was really surprised at how good the knee felt after the needling - exactly as you said Dash, he was able to get right on the trigger point each time and felt good afterwards. Amy there was no pain and I just made sure I was staring up at the ceiling as soon as he mentioned dry needling so there was no chance of seeing a needle.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1031 on: September 07, 2012, 07:03:22 am »
I have had acupuncture with my Achilles tendonitis problem (didn't fix the problem) but certainly doesn't hurt, you are lucky if you can feel it at all :)
Don't panic Amy, just don't watch when they are doing it and the chances are you will be surprised
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 07, 2012, 07:42:43 am »
Thanks girls... I know I'm just going to have to do it :-\

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 07, 2012, 09:10:02 am »
Amy, I've had needles on my knee. Wasn't game to watch but am used to it now and find it interesting to watch.
I go every second week. Old cricket injury, knee cap out of position. Didn't help at Grace Town with the stairs.

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 07, 2012, 09:11:00 am »
forgot again  :D :D :D :D :D