Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496171 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #930 on: August 17, 2012, 12:20:31 am »
I'm finding now I have been on the challenge for several weeks now that I'm craving totally different foods than I used too, I don't crave chocolate very often at all (which is a big plus)
I now crave nuts, fruit, salads and veggies.
I have started to stop counting calories as I think I have that under control enough not to worry about counting what I eat. I have got into a pretty good routine now and am enjoying my life style change.

Its a great feeling when you reach this point Mandi. I remember when I started to feel like this and I felt really strange. My mum and I went out for coffee one day, and instead of ordering the big slice of cherry ripe mud cake, I honestly just wanted the fruit salad. I felt so much healthier and lighter. And I've been this way for probably about 8 months or more. I don't eat any junk at all and I never miss it. My cravings are for fresh cherry tomatoes or crisp snow peas or crunchy carrot sticks ;D

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #931 on: August 17, 2012, 03:31:00 am »
I loved it. Did it for 4-5 years but have moved away from the nearest yoga place. The key thing is to have LITTLE sips of water throughout the class and dress as skimpily as you can! You can always pick the new ones with these two behaviors!! I had a mat and took a small towel rather than a huge one which gets in the way when you do various poses. Whenever you are exhausted just lie down in relaxation pose. you will feel so good for the rest of the day and sleep so well!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 17, 2012, 03:54:50 am »
Thanks courton, I'm really hoping I'm feeling 100% so i can have a try tomorrow, i've wanted to have a try for so long and even bought a special towel when i was in the US earlier this year but just haven't been able to block in the time and find a close venue but two new ones have opened up less than ten minutes either side of my place.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 17, 2012, 03:40:33 pm »
I am sure that your weight will settle down as you get well Wonder.

Dede it is good that your eating habits have changed. It certainly makes it much easier to stay lean.

I have completely fallen off track. I have gained so much weight that one of my suits no longer fits me. I can't seem to control my eating at the moment. It is all emotional eating and I know I am doing it but can;t seem to get a handle on it.

I am craving fat and sugar. I think I would actually enjoy creaming some butter sugar and vanilla together and eating it right about now.

I wonder if I could sew my lips together like people do on hunger strikes.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 17, 2012, 03:47:43 pm »
DD I find that if you chop your hands off at the wrist it makes it hard to put food in your mouth  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 17, 2012, 10:47:45 pm »
Are you keeping up with your training Dash? I guess you just needs to try and stay strong, at least you are aware of where you are falling down and will be able to get back on track.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #936 on: August 17, 2012, 11:22:41 pm »
Dash Dash Dash, what are you doing? This is the weight loss challenge, not the weight gain challenge :D
I think you need to be honest with your self and start writing down everything your eating (and I mean absolutely everything) and keep a track of how your feeling for the day. Maybe this will help you identify exactly what triggers you to eat more or eat the wrong things. And try and get control of it.
We all know your a pretty active person, but obviously your adding extra calories in than your burning for the day.
We all here to back you up and help you as much as we can. I have found starting this challenge has really helped me heaps even when the scales were not nice to me I kept going and haven't given up.
Don't give up Dash, today is a new day :) :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 18, 2012, 12:19:10 am »
How disappointing for you Dash, but at least you are aware that you are doing it. That awareness is very important. Have you identified what is causing to to eat emotionally? If you have, maybe you can find some different strategies to deal with it other than eating ;)

And Mandi is 100% right, we are all here to support each other :)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 18, 2012, 08:15:28 am »
DD I find that if you chop your hands off at the wrist it makes it hard to put food in your mouth  :D

I think I would prefer to sew my lips together. I wouldn't be able to keep up with the forum if I cut off my hands.  :o

Are you keeping up with your training Dash? I guess you just needs to try and stay strong, at least you are aware of where you are falling down and will be able to get back on track.

I have been keeping up with training until I started getting a cold on Tuesday. being aware of my transgressions is good, theoretically I should be able to stop it easier if I am aware I am doing it. 

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 18, 2012, 08:24:43 am »
I have stopped tracking my calories because it was too time consuming. I found that since I tend to cook most of my own food I had to calculate each recipe and then work out portions. It would be easier to eat prepared off the shelf crap so I could just scan the bar code.

As for what triggers my eating, other than being tired and sick, it is being home. I am good all day at work and when I am out but as soon as I get home I start eating. It usually starts with my afternoon snack when I get in but I don't just stop with my planned snack. I have a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Then I cook dinner and pick while I am cooking.

After dinner I will look for something sweet and then when I stat I don't stop.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 18, 2012, 11:43:52 am »
at least you are better at counting food you have consumed than my DH -- he doesn't count it if he is standing up while he's eating. Honestly, you would think he never ate a single thing all day!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 18, 2012, 04:13:47 pm »
Well I made it through today with out binging. I didn't count calories or track what I ate in any way but I also did not eat chocolate or ice cream.

I didn't really snack between meals except for some fruit and nuts. I did finish off a bit of DWs lunch but did not eat her uneaten piece of toast at breakfast.

Bring on tomorrow.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #942 on: August 18, 2012, 09:04:06 pm »
Well done Dash, one day at a time. Hopefully your head cold clears up soon and you will be back to normal in no time :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 18, 2012, 10:09:38 pm »
Well done Dash, it's so hard when you aren't feeling well. My DD and I were craving sweets while we were sick and neither of s normally have a sweet tooth. Just take one day at a time and I'm sure you will get it back under control.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 19, 2012, 02:27:11 am »
Thanks everyone. I wasn't that sick. I just figured my body would heal itself quicker if I didn't push it too hard.

Unfortunately Wonder I have a sweet tooth and it is worse when I am tired/unwell/feeling sorry for my self.