Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496531 times)

Offline medusa

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #840 on: August 01, 2012, 11:39:47 pm »
how accurate is the sleep records because if it is accurate I sleep like sh#t lol.  I was asleep for 7 hours and awoke 12 times.  Is that because I am a restless sleeper?  I know I wake up lots of times in the night but I didn't know it was so many times, no wonder I always feel tired lol.  I never have any trouble falling asleep but I knew I was a restless sleeper.  It will be interesting to see if I awoke so many times last night because I was aware of the band around my wrist. 

Also with the calorie count, is mine wrong because it is saying that I burnt 460 odd calories overnight, is that possible?  What is everyone elses goals set at?
Medusa, in Oz

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 01, 2012, 11:44:55 pm »
The body still burns calories when you're not exercising, Medusa. It burns energy just by keeping your organs functioning. Its called your Basal Metabolic Rate.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 01, 2012, 11:55:05 pm »
Well I weighed myself last night at the gym and think I'm still the same weight as last week (65.1kg) which i was surprised about because my clothes are very loose and I don't seem to have a bum anymore! I'm a little surprised that I didn't loose any weight not drinking alcohol, but it could be that I've increased muscle because I can definitely tell a difference in the way all my clothes are fitting and my measurements and body fat % were quite different to a few months ago. I'm happy to continue loosing weight and tone up slowly which I think I will continue to do with the exercise I'm doing and the way I'm eating. I'm actually happy the drinking doesn't seem to have an affect as I won't feel so quilty when I'm having a drink now.

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 02, 2012, 12:00:38 am »
The body still burns calories when you're not exercising, Medusa. It burns energy just by keeping your organs functioning. Its called your Basal Metabolic Rate.

thanks for that, that makes sense.

Wonder, I think it is probably a good indicator that your clothes are fitting better and I am jealous about your no bum lol!!  Good job!
Medusa, in Oz

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 02, 2012, 12:16:56 am »
You're doing a great job Wonder, just don't give up :D

thanks for that, that makes sense.

No worries Medusa, its a handy thing to know :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 02, 2012, 12:43:32 am »
No intention of giving up. I'm really happy with the way I'm going and can see where I can improve over the next few months. I've never been a scales person so not really worried about what they say although I would like to get down to 60 by the end of the year. Luckily I'm much more interested in how my clothes fit and how I feel than a number.

Medusa - the no bum isn't as great as it sounds, much prefer a smaller tighter one than nothing!!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #846 on: August 02, 2012, 03:36:31 am »
Don't panic Wonder, I had the same problem, but I could definitely tell my clothes were looser when the scales were not showing any change, the scales are now starting to decline. I can feel the muscles in my legs are stronger and I'm loosing my love handles :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 02, 2012, 05:13:28 am »
Have been AWOL... :( Weight wise things are not going well. Have been trying to follow many of Cyndi O'Meara's principles from Changing habits changing lives but I seem to be gaining weight- green smoothies for breakfast and all!

Feeling frustrated!!!

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 02, 2012, 05:37:18 am »
CGL it is so frustrating when the scales continue to climb up or don't move at all from week to week. Have you been exercising ?

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 02, 2012, 12:25:14 pm »
After a long walk today of about 1.5 hours including 50 flights of stairs my Achilles tendon (right) is quiet sore. Left one is really good (the one I had plastered for 7 weeks)
I'm not sure if to keep walking or slow it down a bit? I don't want the tendon to snap on me, but I also don't want to stop walking otherwise I will never loose this weight. It's frustrating.
I really don't want to have plaster again even though it worked with the other one :(
I have suffered tendinitis for about a year in the right tendon. Was over 2 years for the left.

• View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 02, 2012, 12:33:05 pm »
Mandi, could you get a rowing machine and do some upper body work for a while instead?

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 02, 2012, 12:35:40 pm »
I'm thinking the exercise bike might be a good idea too, less stress on my Achilles then. Maybe it's the hill climbs that are causing the most problem. I really don't want to slow down, but might have to change my routine. I might get the other tendon fixed after I loose some more weight if it does not improve.

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 02, 2012, 12:38:11 pm »
Changing your routine is a good idea anyway Mandi. It will shock your body ;)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 02, 2012, 12:40:35 pm »
Will see how I go Amy, might have a couple days off from long walks and jump on the bike instead to rest the tendon.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 02, 2012, 03:28:04 pm »
definitely do that dede. even have a day of rest if needed. Usually when you exercise you have to mix things up a bit. I was happy knowing today when I had to take a nana nap that I was still burning up calories  ;)

My body is aching. I bought the kettlenetics pack (google it - I didn't even do a session, I was just learning the moves and my body is hurting). I think it will be good for me, and I'm going to try and get some more DVD's to do when the weather is not good or I am wanting something different.

(PS. I don't normally do nana naps, but I just had to today)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand