Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 493602 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #825 on: July 31, 2012, 10:18:19 pm »
Congrats dede keep it up..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #826 on: July 31, 2012, 10:19:54 pm »
I will try Frozzie :D
My plan is to keep going until I reach my goal weight, then I can cut down to maintain my weight.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 31, 2012, 10:53:24 pm »
That and I have been pushing my self a little harder with lots of Jill climbs to get the heart pumping.

Jill must be very grateful that your getting lighter Mandi LOL ;D
But in all seriousness, you're doing really well. Keep up the great work! :D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 31, 2012, 11:06:26 pm »
Lol. Well Jack and Jill did climb the hill :D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 01, 2012, 12:02:27 am »
Well done Mandi that's a great effort.

I've finished my Dry July month today and will be weighing myself at the gym tonight so it will be interesting to see if I've lost any weight in the final week. Yesterday I was wearing a pair of work pants that are quite old and I wear all the time and they were extremely loose so I'm thinking I might have dropped a bit in the last week.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 01, 2012, 12:10:28 am »
Lol. Well Jack and Jill did climb the hill :D

But they fell down!! :o

I've finished my Dry July month today and will be weighing myself at the gym tonight so it will be interesting to see if I've lost any weight in the final week. Yesterday I was wearing a pair of work pants that are quite old and I wear all the time and they were extremely loose so I'm thinking I might have dropped a bit in the last week.

Good luck Wonder, it sounds like you've done really well :D And well done on Dry July ;)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 01, 2012, 12:45:26 am »
Yes they did Amy, but they were carrying a pail of water, I left my pail at home cause I didn't want to loose balance :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 01, 2012, 04:25:43 am »
I've finished my Dry July month today and will be weighing myself at the gym tonight so it will be interesting to see if I've lost any weight in the final week.

Well done Wonder - you must be feeling a million dollars!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 01, 2012, 06:00:48 am »
Well I finally got my fitbit (yeah) and am setting it up now.  Any tips?  Will just do what I normally do for the next few days just to see what my normal activiity is then start ramping it up.  I think I am going to be shocked at how sedentary I have become.  Does anyone use it in conjunction with My Fitness Pal (calorie logging app/website), I just synched the two together so i will see how that works too.  I aim to loose 10kgs before 1st December.  We have just moved to a new house with a beautiful pool and I intend to make use of it this summer and not hide out because I am so uncomfortable with my appearance.  Today I become accountable.
Medusa, in Oz

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 01, 2012, 06:22:28 am »
Well I finally got my fitbit (yeah) and am setting it up now.  Any tips?  Will just do what I normally do for the next few days just to see what my normal activiity is then start ramping it up.  I think I am going to be shocked at how sedentary I have become.  Does anyone use it in conjunction with My Fitness Pal (calorie logging app/website), I just synched the two together so i will see how that works too.  I aim to loose 10kgs before 1st December.  We have just moved to a new house with a beautiful pool and I intend to make use of it this summer and not hide out because I am so uncomfortable with my appearance.  Today I become accountable.

That's great Medusa, you will love it and become more motivated as you get closer to goals. I also use my fitness pal to log all my food for the day so I can keep a good track at what's happening.
I will send you a pm shortly to invite you to join the other forum members with fitbits on the fitbit web site as that also helps keep you motivated seeing what others are doing too :D

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 01, 2012, 06:59:05 am »
Not happy with myself another week and no weight loss. I haven't been walking as much but go to curves 4 times a week, and use the wii fit 3 times a week. Hopefully next will be better.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 01, 2012, 07:15:25 am »

That's great Medusa, you will love it and become more motivated as you get closer to goals. I also use my fitness pal to log all my food for the day so I can keep a good track at what's happening.
I will send you a pm shortly to invite you to join the other forum members with fitbits on the fitbit web site as that also helps keep you motivated seeing what others are doing too :D
[/quote]

Thank you I have replied (I hope).  How does it work with myfitness pal, does it just log your steps?

Medusa, in Oz

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 01, 2012, 08:07:16 am »
Well done Mandi and Wonder. 

CP that diet sounds like a lot of work.  I find it hard just trying to track calories.

Jeninwa do not despair. If you have been in a deficit for a while it is natural for your body to adapt to the lower calories and slow your metastable down. Do you ever take a break or have a re-feed day?

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 01, 2012, 12:10:51 pm »
Thank you for adding me to the fitbit group.  I am going to do my normal routine for a few days and see how sloth like I really am, probably going to be ashamed at how many steps I don't take but will ramp it up once I work it all out. 
Medusa, in Oz

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 01, 2012, 12:15:50 pm »
That's ok medusa, don't expect to much of your self to start with.