Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 495684 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #750 on: July 27, 2012, 04:41:31 am »
Wonder I'm 165 cm and I'm sure my weight range should be somewhere between 58-65kg. Maybe he was looking at the wrong scale for height. There is no way on this earth I'm ever getting down to 48kg unless I'm dead and just a skeleton :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 27, 2012, 04:43:09 am »
Actually it's 54kg - 68kg to be in the healthy weight range. I'm aiming for around 63kg

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 27, 2012, 05:05:04 am »
There are so many different ranges quoted on the internet but they are consistently between those that you have mentioned Dede. I'm aiming for 60 in the long term as I'm just trying to get additional exercise in and being a little more concious of what I eat rather than trying to loose weight, I'm pretty happy with where I am now and really not wanting to change my diet to much.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 27, 2012, 06:14:30 am »
Amy as long as the general trend is down that is all that matters.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 27, 2012, 07:02:10 am »
Dece, dont even go there.

Ears ago I weighed 49kgs, was obsessed. Was ill all the time, no energy, would go to work, go to bed, that was it. Not healthy at all.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 27, 2012, 07:05:38 am »
No I don't think it sounds a very healthy weight at all. Don't think I will ever have to worry about being to thin :D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 27, 2012, 09:12:39 am »
Amy, I think I know a little how you feel this morning. I've never focussed on my weight and we don't even have scales at home so I've only ever weighed meself at the gym. I've been loosing weight, getting fitter and lower body fat % over the last eight months which is great, but this morning when I was having measurements and weight updated with my PT according to some calculation he used for weight range I'm actually 11 kgs above the maximum range!! everything he told me after that was a blur as I was caught up on the weight. I actually think he got his calculations incorrect because he came up with a range of 48gk - 53kg for a 166cm female, which is extremely thin and nothing like any healthy range I've heard of before, 55 - 69kgs seems to be what is generally accepted for my height. He was very quick to point out that I shouldn't be worried about the actual weight and just to focus on my measurements, fitness level and body fat % which are all going down so all good.

It messes with your head doesn't it Wonder? Such a horrible feeling :(

Amy as long as the general trend is down that is all that matters.

Thanks Dash :) You always have wise advice.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 27, 2012, 01:59:47 pm »
My first week back trying to keep on track has been a challenge. I have been staying in Perth at a hotel with work collegues since Tuesday evening.

I have managed to do all of my exercise sessions except one and I have tracked my eating and resisted temptations. I have found it difficult tracking calories eating at my workshops and at restaurants but I think I have kept under my daily goal.

I did have a few wines and a cider but did not give in when all around me where imbibing.

Monday will reveal how successful I was.

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #758 on: July 28, 2012, 02:22:40 am »
I'm up 2kg! :(

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 28, 2012, 02:36:50 am »
I'm up 2kg! :(

Pregnancy will do that to you Bambi :)
Don't think you can count that in as a gain. Lol :D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 28, 2012, 02:39:29 am »
Well so far since having my fitbit I have walked over 160km, I have been eating well and moving heaps. So when is this weight going to start dropping off?
I have even been weighing my food to make sure I have the right portions. Sooner or later surely something has to give. Come on body start burning this fat away :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 28, 2012, 02:52:39 am »
It may take a while dede. Are you eating 3 meals a day? If you don't sometimes your body thinks it needs to conserve fat.

I am happy that the scales went down this week. About time. :)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 28, 2012, 03:00:14 am »
I am Cookie, I was never a great breakfast eater but I have been making sure I have 3 meals a day, and any snacks in between are usually fruit or nuts or yogurt etc. I'm pretty sure my food intake is lower than calories burnt. I think I have shocked my body with all this extra exercise and it's confused. Some how I got to get it to burn this fat. Hopefully I will see a move next weigh day. I'm not putting on weight and the scales are dropping ever so slowly so I guess that better than nothing. I did measurement a few days ago so that might help. :)

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 28, 2012, 03:03:50 am »
Dede Are you drinking lots of water.? I've been told 2 Ltrs a day is what we should drink.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 28, 2012, 04:10:25 am »
I've decided to do a weigh in once a week instead of daily. I think my BMI is slowly decreasing gram by gram so the fat has to move somewhere. My DD has just chimed in the background that I "can't talk about walking, I have to go and do it" cos she is waiting for me....bye!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand