Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496442 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #705 on: July 25, 2012, 12:33:48 am »
Amy I always try to stretch after a run but not so good after other forms of exercise. I have began doing pec stretches after swimming and gym workouts.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 25, 2012, 12:50:47 am »
I try to stretch, but I know I don't do it enough :-)) I get very tight in my triceps.
Pec stretches are great, I think pecs are probably one of the worst muscles to have tight :(

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #707 on: July 25, 2012, 02:03:16 am »
Dede, i found that with electronics scales you cant weigh yourself again within a short time. It seems to need time to re calibrate. Do not know about fit bit scales.

Also, can anyone with far more knowledge about exercise than me tell me how many steps are in a km of average walking. I walk 4.5 Kim's 3 days a week and want to know if I reach my 10,000 steps quota with my walk.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 25, 2012, 02:27:15 am »
I'm not knowledgeable about exercise, but I just "Googled" it and it seems 10,000 steps is approximately 8 km's.
It depends on the size of your steps though  :)

My Fitbit is telling me I've done 5,201 steps today, which is 3.46 km's.
The Fitbit takes into account your height (I'm short), gender, age, weight etc to calculate your numbers.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #709 on: July 25, 2012, 03:38:57 am »
Went to weigh in today and remembered I can't use my scales as I'm pregnant! Grrr

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on the "Community" forum on the top of your webpage when you log on, there was a question there, and they said that it was because of the small harmless electric current that measures your BMI. If you stand in socks, it will give your measurement but you won't get your BMI -- check first to verify tho.

I am walking but not much weight loss - not much at all  :'( think I need to walk some more and then some.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 25, 2012, 03:46:25 am »
What is this fitbit your all talking about & why are you using it?

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

stacelee

« Reply #711 on: July 25, 2012, 04:00:42 am »
Katie,

You and I must be similar heights....I've done 10573 steps so far today and supposedly I've walked 6.34 km.  My stride is ony about 60cm which makes it interesting to walk with my husband who has a stride of about 85cm.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 25, 2012, 04:12:42 am »
I'm really short, only 161 cm tall.  My DH is a lot taller than me also.  Unfortunately I have to sit at my desk all day and work,  so I'm only up to 6009 steps.

Hally it's this:
http://www.fitbit.com/au/product

My DH and I bought them after Dede and the others were discussing them here.
I’m just using it track my steps and encourage me to get up and walk more.
They are pretty cool  ;D
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #713 on: July 25, 2012, 04:20:46 am »
I think your right Katie, but the 4.5 km walk would certainly add up so you should reach 10,000 for the day with other activities. I find if I go for a good walk that it's easy to reach 10,000 steps a day. Without a walk it pretty difficult.
I just went to town and brought myself some new shoes with plenty of support for my Achilles tendons, I deliberately parked at the top of a multi story car park so I could walk back up the 8 flights of stairs back to my car :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #714 on: July 25, 2012, 04:24:52 am »
Hally they really are good, they encourage you to keep moving more. And it's fun too. Your more likely to push your self that little bit further to get a good number of steps in for the day. I walked to school this morning then walked around town looking for shoes so I have already reached my 10,000 steps for today, I will now try and get in 15,000 :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 25, 2012, 04:47:06 am »

Lol you're a bit behind the times Hally ;D

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 25, 2012, 04:52:55 am »
Well I have had a slowish start with the fit bit in terms of steps but zooming along with weight. I have been quite aware of my food intake and have upped the water consumption. Loving the sleep tracker and the counting of steps. I seem to do 6000 reasonably easily on a regular day, I left the fitbit on the charger the other day. Now that school is back we walked yesterday and I got 10000 by the end of the day. I am 1.4kg lighter according to my Wednesday morning weigh in. Hopefully the scales aren't lying to me lol  ;)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 25, 2012, 04:59:37 am »
That's great Meagan, with school being back I'm sure you will be able to get those extra steps much more easily.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 25, 2012, 05:11:56 am »
Thanks Katiej,

Gosh there not cheap. DH would kill me if I bought one, he would just say do an extra hour at the gym if your worried we pay for it anyway.

Would  be interesting to see how many I do a day, regular day, aways 1 hour of exercise, if not at the gym walking to school & back & other places. I try & walk when I can :)

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 25, 2012, 05:21:24 am »
That's great Meagan, Walking to school each day will bring your walking count up, I'm still using my old pedometer, would love a fitbit but cant justify one yet.
Dede I didn't loose any weight this week either, but had my measurements done at curves today and have lost 24.5cm in the last 4 weeks so pretty happy with that.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!