Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496465 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #690 on: July 24, 2012, 07:43:04 am »
I hope not amy 😳
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #691 on: July 24, 2012, 08:24:39 am »
Lol, I hope not Amy. Plenty of time for babies down the track :D
And don't panic about your comment as no one would take offense to it. It's really one of those things that sometimes we have no control over. Obviously breast is best but luckily there is other alternatives if need be.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #692 on: July 24, 2012, 08:39:20 am »
II hope I didn't offend also. I've fed all 3 differently and had many struggles with feeding. But I've worked my butt off to get this far and still struggle with poor attachment etc. Its no easy ride. But issues with dairy and weight gain make me keep going for his sake. And he loves it lol I agree that each mum needs to make the choice for herself though without guilt or pressure.
I agree it's near impossible to drop weight while feeding for many ppl which I seem to be included in.

I'm finding it hard to eat clean... kfc keeps calling

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 24, 2012, 08:41:22 am »
Thanks Mandi :)

I'm finding it hard to eat clean... kfc keeps calling

I have heard about pregnancy cravings... :-))

stacelee

« Reply #694 on: July 24, 2012, 09:18:37 am »
Bambi,  I don't know if it will help but one of the things I decided when I first started "dieting" (really just eating MUCH better) was that I could have treats within reason so long as they were homemade.  I was originally eating biscuits, ice cream, pizza etc but only if I had made them from scratch.  I still eat them on occasion but I find that nine months down the track I'm not craving them anywhere near as much as I did.  I still have my trigger foods that I don't bring into the house but knowing that I can have a custard biscuit or something else if I really want it does help.

The biggest problem I've had was getting back to healthy eating after two weeks in Germany and Venice.  We ate beautiful food over there that was provided for by our hosts so I ended up eating WAY too much.  I ended up roller coaster eating again once I got back and it has been a battle to get it back under control.  The fitbit has helped here because I am now exercising (for the first time in five years) and I'm tracking my food consumption.  I'm actually finding that I'm HAVING to have a treat every now and then because some days I'm not getting to my calorie goal because I'm eating better quality foods but less fat and carbohydrates (I'm not a big bread eater and potatoes are just a waste of time :) )

Fingers crossed the scales will be nice to me in the next couple of days....I'm 80.4kg as of this morning.....not bad considering when I started on October 30 last year I weighed in at 105.5 and a size 22/24.  I had a happy day yesterday when I dropped a television off at Lifeline....I found three pairs of size 16 trousers, all of which fit beautifully....they cost me a whole $17 for the three and I don't feel guilty about buying clothes that I hopefully won't wear for more then a few months.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 24, 2012, 09:36:10 am »
Today is my second day of wearing my Fitbit. I've joined up to Dede's Fitbit group, so I can see what your all achieving. (Great work girls!)

I've been walking 25 minutes in the morning and 25 minutes in the evening from the train station to our office. Yesterday I got my goal of 10,000 steps and my first badge, yay! Today was aiming for 12,000 but I don't think I will make it. Will get over 10,000 so happy with that.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 24, 2012, 10:06:41 am »
Stacelee you have done an amazing job loosing so much weight. Well done :)

Katie your doing excellent with getting your 10,000 steps in considering you work at a desk. That's excellent work :D

And Bambi definitely not offended by anyone's comments on Breast feeding. I admire those that can do it for a long time. :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 24, 2012, 12:29:27 pm »
Amy I agree with everyone else re your comments on breast feeding. Feel free to give your opinion.

I couldn't breast feed DD either as she was prem and didn't have the strength to suck. We persevered for  a couple of weeks but she was losing weight rapidly. I've neve felt guilty about it as we all did our best.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 24, 2012, 10:26:05 pm »
Weigh day today and after weighing myself several times to get a consistent weight I'm saying I'm down only 100g from last week :(
I have worked hard but not seen much of a benifit. Hopefully it's muscle build up from all the extra exercise I've done :)

Has anyone found there fitbit scales can be several 100g different each time they hop on them within a few minutes of each other? First time I hop on they can be 1.5kg heavier, then I try again and they seem to be more accurate. I find I have to get in them several times to find a consistent weight to go by. Are my scales faulty?

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 24, 2012, 10:47:19 pm »
I've never heard of those squats Dash ???
Bummer about your hamstring :( Better let it rest up :)

Amy Bulgarian split squats are also called rear foot elevated squats. It is like a lunge with your back foot on a bench and weights held in you hands.

Hammy ok while running last night. Did 8kms at 4:58 pace. It only hurst when I do squating movements.

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 24, 2012, 10:53:52 pm »
Mandi I only find that when they are on carpet. On hard floors they are fine

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 24, 2012, 11:30:36 pm »
I've never heard of those squats Dash ???
Bummer about your hamstring :( Better let it rest up :)

Amy Bulgarian split squats are also called rear foot elevated squats. It is like a lunge with your back foot on a bench and weights held in you hands.

Hammy ok while running last night. Did 8kms at 4:58 pace. It only hurst when I do squating movements.

Ah... I think I have seen other people do them at the gym. I usually just do normal squats with dumbbells or a bar :)
Glad your hamstring is feeling better. Do you stretch well after you exercise?

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 25, 2012, 12:11:45 am »
Went to weigh in today and remembered I can't use my scales as I'm pregnant! Grrr

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 25, 2012, 12:17:55 am »
Oh yeh, bugger Bambi. I think I should be ok though lol :D

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 25, 2012, 12:27:52 am »
Went to weigh in today and remembered I can't use my scales as I'm pregnant! Grrr

LOL :D