Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496031 times)

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #675 on: July 24, 2012, 12:06:10 am »
I've heard its good for children to breast feed for as long as possible because of how nutritious breast milk is :D
Yep its full of immune boosting properties and it means you don't need to stress about a picky eating toddler cos they are getting so much goodness from a breast feed or two a day.
The WHO reccommends to feed to at least 2 years then continue as long as both are happy to.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #676 on: July 24, 2012, 12:08:39 am »
Congratulations on the pregnancy bambi.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 24, 2012, 12:38:59 am »
I've heard its good for children to breast feed for as long as possible because of how nutritious breast milk is :D
Yep its full of immune boosting properties and it means you don't need to stress about a picky eating toddler cos they are getting so much goodness from a breast feed or two a day.
The WHO reccommends to feed to at least 2 years then continue as long as both are happy to.

And yet you see so many women feeding their babies that powder stuff? ???

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #678 on: July 24, 2012, 12:52:36 am »
Some people don't have a lot of choice either Amy, I tried 5 times to breast feed my babies and ran out of milk like an old cow after between 6 and 9 weeks. I was devastated and there was nothing I could do (or was available for me to do) :(
My mum and my grandmother had exactly the same problem as well. Not sure if it's genetic or just coincidence.
If I could of I would of kept breast feeding that's for sure.
My first son was to the point of starving and dehydrating because he couldnt get enough milk from me and he started loosing weight, the health nurse tried lots of different things but it just was not getting any better so we had to start feeding him formula. I still remember him after his first bottle, he was so content and was no longer crying and slept like a baby :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

stacelee

« Reply #679 on: July 24, 2012, 01:08:31 am »
I think it is like anything....you have to do what works for you.  With my son, I had a non-elective ceasar at 37 weeks.  I had a very bad case of the flu and after four days of breastfeeding, the nurse found me throwing up on the floor of my room because I was so sick (throwing up with a stomach incision is NOT fun).  They made me stop feeding so that I could go on the strongest drugs they could give me....I'd ripped stitches as well and ended up with an infection in the wound.  My daughter was also a non-elective ceasar although she was the full 40 weeks (to the day....I went into labour at 2am on her due date...on the day after we had moved).  She and I didn't take to breastfeeding....she was one of those charming babies that screamed 23 hours out of 24.....she still has a tendency to yell at 15....we tried for a couple of weeks but with a 20 month old toddler as well, the screaming was going to drive one of us insane.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 24, 2012, 02:22:49 am »
With the sudden shift in movement I came down with sore limbs, blisters, and plain old aches. The rain helped me decide to spend some time recuperating, and now I hope that I can make up for the lost steps. Been keeping on eye on you all  and you have been going well. Think the dog is ready to go too  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 24, 2012, 02:24:53 am »
My breasts were huge when pregnant, but I had no milk.

We hired the electric breast pumps & the most I got was 10mls.

So cp was raised on formula. He is fine, strong & healthy child.

I think too much is pressure women to breastfeed, I was devastated but we did what we could to get milk, but none came :(

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

stacelee

« Reply #682 on: July 24, 2012, 03:06:28 am »
I wouldn't worry about the lost steps....you will make up for it over time.  I'm also suffering for the increased movement :(....I'm feeling very tired and flat at the moment so I'm doing it little bit by little bit....I'm getting my 10000 steps but I'm trying to spread them more over the day.  I had started trying to do an hour on the treadmill but I think it was too much too soon.  The only good thing is that the scales are liking me at the moment, they are actually going the right direction for a change.  I'm still hoping that I might break 80kg before the end of the month which will be the lightest I've been in 15 years.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #683 on: July 24, 2012, 03:40:56 am »
Yes I know what you mean by being stiff and sore, I noticed soreness especially night time and first thing in the morning, but usually that disappears once I get moving again. My scales are not being nice to me even though I have been working hard. But I'm hoping it's fluid and extra muscle. I have been eating well and exercising Lots so surely it can't be anything else? :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 24, 2012, 06:42:09 am »
Oh dear :-[
I'm really sorry if I offended anyone with my comment about the powder instead of breast milk. I had no idea breastfeeding could be so difficult. Sorry ladies :(

I'm still hoping that I might break 80kg before the end of the month which will be the lightest I've been in 15 years.

Good luck stacelee, we all believe in you :)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:44 am »
Weighed in yesterday, no loss no gain. Now that the rellies have left I am back onto healthy eating and I marrying to get some routine back into my training.

However his morning in the gym when I tried to do Bulgarian spilt squats there was a pull and pain in my right hammy. Stopped straight away so hopefully it will settle down in a few days.

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 24, 2012, 07:10:58 am »
I've never heard of those squats Dash ???
Bummer about your hamstring :( Better let it rest up :)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 24, 2012, 07:18:26 am »
Oh dear :-[
I'm really sorry if I offended anyone with my comment about the powder instead of breast milk. I had no idea breastfeeding could be so difficult. Sorry ladies :(

I'm still hoping that I might break 80kg before the end of the month which will be the lightest I've been in 15 years.

Good luck stacelee, we all believe in you :)

Amy, at your tender age you would have (i hope!) no way of knowing all the ins & outs of the breast vs. bottle debate ! I'm sure no one would take offense.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 24, 2012, 07:24:18 am »
Great tgat you can breast feed that long and want to... I did 8 months with both kids which worked for me as ds started biting nipples alot so stopped lol and with dd i ran out of milk so nature decided i had to stop... I agree its the best thing for them but also that not for everyone.. I know woman who just couldnt..

Ouch stacelee.. Sounds painful you poor thing..

I consider myself lucky i was able to choose to breastfeed and it worked for me but like someone mentioned its not for everyone and some find it much easier than others, some dont want to and others do but nature decides otherwise... The key is everyone is different... My goal was 1yo as i thought it was a good age but both my kids were less so fir alot of women you dont choose anyway..

And amy i dont think you offended anyone.. Its just a time old debate of breastfed vs formula with two schools of thought that are starting to realise each to their own and whatever is best for mum and baby at the time 😊
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 24, 2012, 07:27:35 am »
Thanks deedub and Froz :) I think I will wait until I have experienced it myself before making anymore comments though ;)
But that won't be for a while yet! ;D