Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496263 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #645 on: July 22, 2012, 08:44:29 am »
Thats great Katie!! :D
You will beat him, you're a woman ;) ;D

We women can do anything! :D

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 22, 2012, 08:45:32 am »
Def wouldnt e concerned my as im sure its just muscle..as im sure your well aware it weighs more than fat.. Im surprised your pt didnt talk to you and tll you its normal???

Def going to have to look into getting one but will probbly wait until we are in oz..or not lol ???

Dede how does cp encorage you.. How do yu link thrm etc and is it just chllenges r can you send messages ith ths thing??

You can send messages through the fitbit web site, but actually we have been emailing each other. CP noticed that we were both on around te 18,000 step mark and asked if there was a 20,000 step reward (which there was) so we both decided to keep going till we got out 20,000 step badge as we were so close :D
You can send a email to invite friends to join you and you are ranked according to your weekly steps, kms, activity level and time spent very active. All this helps motivate you to try and increase your movement to increase your ranking. :D
I also created a group which is private and only for forum members on here so if anyone wants to join us feel free to send me your email and I will send you an invite to join.

Thanks dede
Think im going to have to crack lol.. Woud be great for dh and i..will check out if we can get them here..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 22, 2012, 08:49:26 am »
Amy, it must be so difficult after loosing all that weight. It sounds like your PT understands what you are going through and will keep you on track.

Those fitbits sounds great and good that you can motivate each other. Is there anyone using Nike+, I've just started using it and I think it has friends challenges on their.

Wonder I have been using Nike+ for a few years. Mine p---ed me off  this morning though because my phone and sensor decided not to talk to each other.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 22, 2012, 08:52:06 am »
I'm still getting used to the Nike+ and because I do a mixture of weights, jogging, rowing etc it doesn't pick up everything that I do but I do like having some of the extra information and being able to load it onto the computer.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 22, 2012, 08:55:21 am »
My DH are I got our Fitbits today. They are charging up now. They seem fairly easy to set up & use.

We will start tomorrow tracking our steps and I'll be interested to see how many we can get.  I'm not sure how I'll go as I have a full-time desk job. I'm hoping I can get more steps in than him though!!

Katie I have a desk job too. Here are a couple of ideas to help with your steps.  Park further away from work or the shop or whatever that way you walk a bit more and always take the stairs not the elevator/escalator. I don't have a printer in my office so I have to walk to the central printer/photocopier. If you have a blue tooth head set stand up and walk around your office when you are on the phone. I am sure other people will have more tips but these should get you started.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 22, 2012, 08:56:58 am »
The Nike+ really only works for walking or running. It doesn't keep track of the rowing and weights.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 22, 2012, 08:59:51 am »
What is the model no of the later fit bit.. I remember someone mentioning the first one wasnt water resistant or sweat resistant and just want to be sure not to get the old one...??

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 22, 2012, 09:19:26 am »
I think the later model has a button on the front as the old one didnt???? Just going on photos on sites..

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 22, 2012, 09:32:27 am »
Kim I can't see a model number on the Fitbit or the box - but it's a Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Tracker.
It does have a little button on the front.

Thanks Dan, great tips.  I catch the train to work and the train station is about a 25 minute walk from my office.  Sometimes I walk and sometimes I catch the tram.  Lately as it's cold and sometimes wet, I seem to get the tram!  Not catching the tram and walking this 25 minutes is the best place for me to start, along with getting off my chair more often during the day.

It will be interesting though with this tracker to see the actual steps and other info.
I'm not looking forward to the sleep data though as I'm a terrible sleeper, taking ages to get to sleep and waking up often.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 22, 2012, 09:36:19 am »
Th katie.. 😊

Also are he scales necessary or can you just use the fitbit thingy and sync with the computer?? Asking as it will be yet another thing to bring on the plane..

Would rather purchase in oz..

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 22, 2012, 09:57:47 am »
Dash, I also wear a polar watch so the two together are good but the Nike+ is great if I'm just planning on a jogging session or walking with a friend on the weekends.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #656 on: July 22, 2012, 10:04:39 am »
Frozzie I wouldn't worry about the scales at this stage. You can manually put in your weight onto the web site.
I'm loving that so many forum members are getting these fitbits. It's great when we can share our days activities :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 22, 2012, 10:31:08 am »
Wonder I have a Garmin 310xt that I wear. It is a GPS heart rate monitor watch. I often find a great deal of difference between the distance on my Garmin and the distance on my Nike+. I have recalibrate the Nike+ a few times but if my pace is different to what I ran when I calibrated it I get a different reading.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 23, 2012, 12:02:26 am »
Yay dh and i getting one next week (fitbit) or ordering it as we are away so want it dkivered whn we get back... :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 23, 2012, 12:09:08 am »
I walk about 10km's with a girlfriend on the weekends and because we walk a fairly steady pace the calibration on my Nike + is pretty good. When I'm jogging on the treadmill I find it's out by about 10% but that could be due to the increase in speed or the treadmill calibration. I've got it more for a bit of fun so not too worried about the overall accuracy although it would be great if there was a solution that did every thing for those who do a mix of training.