Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 495529 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #615 on: July 20, 2012, 01:59:43 pm »
He's a maltese cross poodle so 10,000 steps is a huge effort for him (and he is blind too). We have to stop at the same old trees to smell the pees, but basically he just gets excited about going for a walk. 10,000 steps he starts to say "whoa!" but poor dogs just have to do as they are told.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 20, 2012, 02:06:27 pm »
poor dogs just have to do as they are told.

I tell my dogs not to fart but they do anyway :-X

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 20, 2012, 02:15:41 pm »
Pal farts are the worst
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 20, 2012, 04:47:28 pm »
I only paid 110 each for two and 135 for the scales. Make sure you ask the question......what's the best price you can do? There is always room to move with places like Harvey Norman!!!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 20, 2012, 10:34:37 pm »
You are all doing such a fantastic job with the fit bits, keep up the good work.

Amy I'm sure that gain is just muscle, have you been taking lots of measurements as well? I would imagine with the intensity of training and now starting out with the triathlete training that you measurements would be a much better indication of how you are going. I know it's hard not to focus on the scales though. You eat really well and exercise a lot so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 21, 2012, 12:18:06 am »
Pal farts are the worst

Chum farts are pretty bad too :-X

Amy I'm sure that gain is just muscle, have you been taking lots of measurements as well? I would imagine with the intensity of training and now starting out with the triathlete training that you measurements would be a much better indication of how you are going. I know it's hard not to focus on the scales though. You eat really well and exercise a lot so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Thanks Wonder :) I haven't been taking any other measurements apart from weight, so maybe I should ask my PT if we can take a few other ones on Monday ;) But you're right about it being hard not to focus on the scales. After I weighed so much before I just get scared when the number starts to go back up :-[

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 21, 2012, 05:11:11 am »
Meagan after you saying that I may  go and have a look at them. I'm having trouble trying to get motivated again and DON'T want to put on any more of the weight I lost. Look out Hardly Normals here I come.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 21, 2012, 05:43:03 am »
You go cookie! Tell the people at Hardly Normals that if they don't give you a good price, they'll have the entire forum thermomix after them ;)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #623 on: July 21, 2012, 08:43:52 am »
Great idea Cookie, I'm so loving mine, I feel so much more motivated now. Today I spent the day in the garden and have managed to clock up 13,000 steps without even trying. :) after my super effort yesterday of 20,000 steps I really didn't think I would have much energy today, but I was wrong. Felt good too.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 21, 2012, 09:28:35 am »
Down 600gm this week, very happy considering i haven't exercised as much as I would like (3 good gym sessions) and have been eating the same as normal so maybe it's the no alcohol.

Amy, that's really strange, my PT is all about the measurements and not much concentrating on the weight side of things. I'm sure it must be a lot different when you have been overweight.

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 21, 2012, 10:07:07 am »
Down 600gm this week, very happy considering i haven't exercised as much as I would like (3 good gym sessions) and have been eating the same as normal so maybe it's the no alcohol.

Amy, that's really strange, my PT is all about the measurements and not much concentrating on the weight side of things. I'm sure it must be a lot different when you have been overweight.

Well done Wonder :D
I think my PT uses the scales more because his business is focused mainly on weight loss, so most of his clients are overweight or obese and do benefit from seeing the numbers go down :) When he has educated his clients and helped them lose however much weight, he will often refer them to a bigger gym where the membership is cheaper and they can go there and just maintain their weight ;)
I'm a bit different because he is training me for events. And if I want to be a triathlete, I need to be as light as possible, so the scales do seem the most obvious way to measure that :-\

Its silly, but I'm always paranoid that if my weight starts to go up, I'll somehow regain all that 23kg overnight or something :-))

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 21, 2012, 11:47:59 am »

Well done Wonder, that's a great loss. Bet your happy with that and without too much effort :)

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 21, 2012, 11:49:20 am »
Hey Mandi, is the fitbit waterproof? ???

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 21, 2012, 11:52:59 am »
No Amy its not. I believe a lot of sweat can kill them too.

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 21, 2012, 11:57:11 am »
Bummer. I was wondering if you could wear it for water running :-))
Sounds like it doesn't want you to get too sweaty either... but you'd have to be working pretty hard to sweat that much, wouldn't you?