Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 495578 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #600 on: July 19, 2012, 10:31:39 am »
Thats exactly the way we have to look at it Mandi, and you and everyone else are doing so well on this challenge :D :D

Keep up the great work everyone! If anyone ever needs a boost, just post on here and we'll all get behind you ;) ;)

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #601 on: July 19, 2012, 10:36:32 pm »
Funny story....
I looked at my fitbit and saw id only done 1500 steps so went for a walk. I started going around the oval and it kept saying it was only 100 steps! Then the same thing at the shops! The whole store was only 20 steps. I was worried it wasnt working right till I noticed I was reading calories burned lmao

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #602 on: July 20, 2012, 01:13:26 am »
Lol Bell, do how many steps had you actually done then?

This morning I walked the kids to school then kept walking. Think I walked around 5klm. Feels good and the sun is shining today too :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 20, 2012, 01:46:50 am »
I'm enjoying earning badges. Last night I looked at it and thought I could have gone around the park to earn my 15,000 step badge for the day (wouldn't go out walking in the dark tho)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 20, 2012, 02:06:49 am »
I know what you mean CP, I was up to 13000 steps last night and could of went on the exercise bike for awhile together 15000 but I was too tired and went to bed instead. I love my fitbit nearly as much as my TM :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 20, 2012, 04:44:49 am »
Inspector Gadget eat your heart out!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 20, 2012, 05:54:21 am »
I must google it...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 20, 2012, 07:10:05 am »
I am very depressed right now. I had a weigh-in with my personal trainer this morning and despite all my intense training, I have gained weight :o :'(

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 20, 2012, 07:21:40 am »
I am very depressed right now. I had a weigh-in with my personal trainer this morning and despite all my intense training, I have gained weight :o :'(

Oh Amy, that's disappointing.
But on the other hand Muscle weighs more than fat so maybe you have just gained muscle?

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 20, 2012, 07:26:30 am »
I hope thats what it is Mandi :(
Or maybe my fluid levels or something :-\

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 20, 2012, 01:17:30 pm »
Amy, you will be fine. You have come a long way, and you have the right attitude. You love exercise so you are honky dory. I've just done 20,000 steps today and I know dede is on her exercise bike at some ungodly hour getting her 20,000 badge. So close after a hard day its a shame not to work that bit more and achieve a goal.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 20, 2012, 01:22:34 pm »
Yes I got my 20,000 steps as well. Don't think I would of bothered though if CP didn't force me (I mean encourage)
Shows how important having other people encouraging us really makes a big difference :D even if it nearly kills us lol. Anyway I'm now in bed. I'm not, I repeat NOT trying for 25,000 :o

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 20, 2012, 01:24:44 pm »
Amy, you will be fine. You have come a long way, and you have the right attitude. You love exercise so you are honky dory. I've just done 20,000 steps today and I know dede is on her exercise bike at some ungodly hour getting her 20,000 badge. So close after a hard day its a shame not to work that bit more and achieve a goal.

Thanks CP, I'm feeling a bit better now :) I was very paranoid eating my dinner though. Thats bad I know :(

You girls are doing so well with your fitbits, I wish I could afford one so I could join in :-))
If you sit on the couch and stomp your feet up and down, does it count that as steps?

Yes I got my 20,000 steps as well. Don't think I would of bothered though if CP didn't force me (I mean encourage)

Sounds like CP would make a good PT ;)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 20, 2012, 01:40:50 pm »
I'm not, I repeat NOT trying for 25,000 :o

*evil laugh* Dede this time last week what would you have said about reaching 20,000 steps in one day?  ;)

Don't know about foot stomping Amy, I'll let you know when I get some energy back  ;D

The fitbits cost $120, and the scales cost $150. There are 3 people in our family using the scales with fitbits. If this motivates me to lose weight tramping around the streets the cost is nothing. So far I'm loving it. My sister just paid out $800 for a gym membership which she says she was only motivated to use for 2 weeks. She is now waiting to see how I go with this before she buys one (her and I are cast from the same mould). Its fun trading stats with DH and DD, and earning the goal badges. Our neighbour remarked that the dog has lost weight and seems so much happier. Win win I say, so far  ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 20, 2012, 01:48:51 pm »
The dog has lost weight?!?! Fantastic, I'm going to get a fitbit because both my dogs are fatties ;D