Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496023 times)

jakodai

Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #570 on: July 18, 2012, 04:09:27 am »
It really does - I'm not eating chocolate, and I'm not missing it either. I have one of Tenina's power balls at morning tea time, and I'm not sure if that's what's doing it (it's VERY sweet, and I have a strong sweet tooth, so that's saying something) or I'm just too happy to want it. I feel absolutely fantastic at the moment. I came home from work during my lunch break, had a nice healthy lunch (even though a friend at work offered lunch, which would have been unhealthy take away) and then took Jake for a bit of a walk. Only about 15 minutes, but 15 minutes more than I would have had otherwise! The real test is going to be tonight. My brother's coming to stay, and DS's dad is coming over tonight, too. It'll be a perfect environment for me to eat junk and sit on my backside all night. And DS's dad will probably pick DS up from daycare, too, so I won't have that nice long walk tonight. I'm already at 7000 steps, so if he does I'll take Jake for a walk after dinner, and might even do a few flights of stairs (after some ventolin to prevent a repeat of last time... :-S)

Thank you so much everyone! I feel the best I have in AGES, and by this time next year I'm going to be skinny and hot! ;-)  I owe it all to you guys. Girls. You know what I mean!!

Oh, and even though I know I should weight myself everyday, because I know it can fluctuate day-to-day, I have been anyway, and I've already lost 1.1kg since Monday. I know it'll slow down after a little while, and I know it might go back up before next Monday, but I still like the change!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:12:50 am by jakodai »

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #571 on: July 18, 2012, 04:33:59 am »
Well it's all a positive change. Why would we want to go back to feeling unhealthy and miserable when we can healthier and happier :D
I went for another walk to my friends place to do her tax for her so am now over 10000 steps already :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 18, 2012, 05:25:01 am »
For those that don't realize (I only just found out) you can change the miles -klm on your fitbit and website by changing your height from inches to cm under the profile settings. When you sync your fitbit it will change from miles to klm. Much easier now :D

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 18, 2012, 05:37:17 am »
I've decided I'm going to get a Fitbit for my birthday (my DH is going to get one too).

Dede do you have to charge them very often?  How do you charge it if you're wearing it day & night?
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 18, 2012, 05:40:52 am »
I think they last around 5 days without charging day and night. And don't take long to fully charge. I guess if you have a rest time (like watching a favorite show on tv) would be a good time to charge it ;)
You will love it.

stacelee

« Reply #575 on: July 18, 2012, 05:52:31 am »
Congratulations on the weight loss for those who have done so well.

I normally sit my fitbit on to charge when I'm about to get under the shower in the morning.  It seems to charge fairly fast and by the time I'm showered, teeth brushed and dressed again, it is fully charged and ready to go.  I'm still loving it...its nearly two weeks since I bought it and I'm really finding that it is motivating me to keep moving.  I'm also finding it is challenging me to push myself further, even on days like today when my mood is very flat and I've bad stomach cramps, I still WANT!!!! to get my 10000 steps....

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 18, 2012, 05:56:37 am »
Thanks Mandi & Stacelee.
I can't wait to get it and to try for 10,000 steps  :)
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 18, 2012, 06:23:54 am »
You girls are all doing so well, I'm so proud of us!! :D :D :D

I may not have a fitbit, but my personal trainer has started recording my times and distances on the cardio machines. The reason being (and I'm VERY excited).... is that he's going to train me to be a triathlete! We're going for number 1 in the state ;D
Today I did 30 minutes on the grinder, 30 minutes on the spin bike, 30 minute run on the treadmill, chest, biceps and triceps, and another 30 minutes of interval cardio ;) I'm feeling pretty brilliant right now :D

jakodai

« Reply #578 on: July 18, 2012, 06:25:57 am »
I dock mine when I have a shower of a night - its battery has stayed full so far.

Amy, that is amazing! I'm Sooo excited for you!! If anyone can do it, you can!

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 18, 2012, 06:31:47 am »
Wow Amy that is really exciting. From someone who was overweight to now someone training for a major athletic event. Wow wow wow. :D

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 18, 2012, 06:34:58 am »
I know, I'm absolutely stoked ;D
I can't actually believe that he thinks I can do it! He's even going to lend me his professional racing bike :o

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 18, 2012, 06:35:30 am »
Well done Amy, you do amazingly with all your training. I'm sure you will make a great triathlete. You must burn a lot of calories in those training sessions, I only exercise for an hour and most days will get just over 500.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 18, 2012, 06:36:15 am »
That's great Amy, I'm sure you will be extremely motivated knowing he has that faith in you.

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 18, 2012, 06:42:38 am »
Thanks Wonder :D Yes, I burn a lot of calories :-)) I will pay more attention at my next session and see how many I burn ;)

And yes, I will be extremely motivated with him backing me up :D He's brilliant.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 18, 2012, 08:41:23 am »
You are doing so well Dede what a great loss this week,
Amy great news. Lots of work ahead but you can do it.
I want a fitbit, but my pedometer isn't that old. I am doing between 5000 and 6000 steps a day, aiming to increase by 500 steps each week. I've had two knee replacement.
I lost 600g this week pretty happy with that.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!