Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 495342 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #525 on: July 16, 2012, 06:15:15 am »
Oh no Amanda!!! :( :( :(
Is tonsillitis easy to fix?

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 16, 2012, 06:44:36 am »
Does anyone know of a good website so we can work out our calories? Everything we eat is home made basically and am not interested in scanning bar codes to find out nutritional information if I can possibly help it.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 16, 2012, 07:53:26 am »
DH uses my fitness pal but he said there is a new one called lose it. They are iPhone apps or fitday.com for an online option
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #528 on: July 16, 2012, 08:26:44 am »
If you want an app my fitness pal is great but on the pc I love calorie king.

jakodai

« Reply #529 on: July 16, 2012, 10:24:17 am »
Does anyone know of a good website so we can work out our calories? Everything we eat is home made basically and am not interested in scanning bar codes to find out nutritional information if I can possibly help it.
calorieking.com.au has a huge database of foods with nutritional values - that's what I use.

Oh no Amanda!!! :( :( :(
Is tonsillitis easy to fix?
Yep, I've been given antibiotics, so I just need to wait for it to start working. 24 hours apparently.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #530 on: July 16, 2012, 10:33:13 am »
Tonsillitis is nasty nasty. I had my tonsils removed when I was little and never had a problem until a couple of years ago I got tonsillitis and was so sick. I went to the doctor who said that the surgeon left a little bit of a tonsil behind. Was nasty. I dont want that again.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 16, 2012, 10:44:29 am »
I've never had tonsillitis and I sure as heck don't want it :-X

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 16, 2012, 11:36:42 am »
It's not nice either Amy, my DD had her tonsils removed last year because she suffered from tonsillitis so often. Poor thing.

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 16, 2012, 11:44:44 am »
Oh ouch! Poor DD Mandi :(

I've had my wisdom teeth out and half of one of my verterbral discs removed. Thats enough for me :-X
The bl**dy scales didn't even go down after either operation >:(

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 16, 2012, 11:47:42 am »
Lol, well that's not fair, if you loose something from your body surely the scales would change too :D

jakodai

« Reply #535 on: July 16, 2012, 12:30:30 pm »
I always used to think that I'd lose weight when I donated blood, too... lol.

Why did you have half of one of your verterbral discs removed Amy? That doesn't sound very pleasant at all!

I don't have it REALLY bad, just enough to be incredibly uncomfortable. The pain isn't too bad, it's the fevers and lethargy I'm getting in waves that's driving me insane. I'm at 9962 steps for the day, so I'm going to get my 10,000 which I'm happy about. And even though I visited the frozen yoghurt shop twice today (it was so nice on my sore throat, I couldn't resist) I'm still within my calories for the day to still lose weight. I'm very impressed with myself right now, because normally I'd have woken up this morning feeling unwell and used it as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted and forget about the diet. Now I'm going to finish off the dishes while I still have some energy (before the next bout of lethargy and fever hits...) then maybe have a weight watchers pudding if I feel like it, then go to bed and do some reading for uni.

Tomorrow's going to be the challenge. DS doesn't have daycare, and I don't have work so other than taking Jake out I have no reason to walk, so I'm going to have to make the conscious effort to go for a decent walk. I promised DS that we'd take his trike to the park, so that's some walking, although the park is quite close. Hopefully I have a better night's sleep than I did last night...

By the way, here is my Fitbit profile page if anyone's using it and wants to add me - it looks like a pretty good motivational thing.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:34:52 pm by jakodai »

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 16, 2012, 12:36:49 pm »
Lol, well that's not fair, if you loose something from your body surely the scales would change too :D

Thats what I thought too!! You'd think if you have go through something as painful as that the scales would at least have the decency to weigh you a bit less :-))

I always used to think that I'd lose weight when I donated blood, too... lol.

Why did you have half of one of your verterbral discs removed Amy? That doesn't sound very pleasant at all!

Don't forget haircuts too ;D

I had a disc herniation which trapped a nerve in my spine. Very painful. Ouchies :(
So the surgeoun went in and cut off the bit of disc that was trapping the nerve so the nerve could swim around happily in his little fluid bubble again :D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 16, 2012, 12:48:51 pm »
Jakodai how do you add friends? The only way I can see is to email an invite.

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #538 on: July 16, 2012, 10:39:02 pm »
I did over 9000 steps yesterday!  Woo hoo

And the scales were very kind to me today. I also did some wii fit training. Forgot how great that was!

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 16, 2012, 10:49:43 pm »
I was a bit off my 10000 steps so I got on the exercise bike to complete the goal. These fitbits definitely keep you motivated to move :D