Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496032 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #510 on: July 15, 2012, 07:42:58 am »
jakodai, you may have climbed those stairs without realising it. its calculated on an altitude thing. I read somewhere that you can go up and down escalators and it won't add them as stairs unless you are walking it (don't know if that only means taking a couple of steps as you are riding it???) I just went to the Uni and there were lots of little stairs here and there, and they have been added in. Need to go for a walk soon.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #511 on: July 15, 2012, 10:01:15 am »
Both DH and DD want a fit bit pedometer as well now. I think I will buy them both one as I think it's important to understand what we are eating and what we are burning. DD is 12 and has got quiet big and she's very conscious of it now and had already lost 2kg tracking her calorie intake.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

jakodai

« Reply #512 on: July 15, 2012, 12:10:36 pm »
I just caught the lift downstairs with Jake to take him for his nightly walk, and I made a point of standing completely still in the lift. I checked it when I got downstairs and it was fine. Walk around the corner to where he 'goes' and it had added a floor... No altitude change, so I'm not sure what's going on there. I'm not too fussed about it.

Seriously though, I love this thing. No buyers remorse whatsoever. It is so motivational. And I love it when you get the emails saying that you've earned a badge. I've walked over 10,000 steps already today, and 14 floors. When me & Jake got back, we walked up the 3 flights of stairs back to the apartment. I've lived in this building for nearly 9 months, and this is the first time I've take the stairs. I'm impressed!

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 15, 2012, 12:14:20 pm »
Lol I love how it motivates you. I was about 700 steps off reaching 10000 steps so I went on the exercise bike for a while to reach over 10000. Will help burn off some of those extra calories I ate today :D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 15, 2012, 02:14:06 pm »
Weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully I have not gained any weight this week. One more week with the family here then back into it seriously.

At least I am managing to run a bit. Haven't been full on training just trying to not loss fitness. I am getting up early tomorrow to go for a swim before anyone else wakes up.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 15, 2012, 05:42:09 pm »
Where have those of you who have fitbits and the scales bought them from?
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

jakodai

« Reply #516 on: July 15, 2012, 07:37:46 pm »
Where have those of you who have fitbits and the scales bought them from?

Harvey Norman - if you go to their website you'll be able to find which stores have stock. You can also buy them from fitbit's website.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 16, 2012, 02:00:28 am »
Successful weigh in this morning. No weight gained and maybe lost a half kilo.

I did find that in my scale if I shift my weight slightly left or right I can make my self weigh more or less. Maybe u should buy new scales:)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 16, 2012, 03:54:49 am »
Well done Dashingden.

I've done lots of exercise this week and with no alcohol I will be interested to see if there is a difference in my weight. I'm not watching what I eat so I'm not expecting much of a weight loss.

My sister sent me through all the details for the New York marathon in November next year, encourgaing me to sign up with her and jog half and walk the other. I've never really liked jogging and the longest distance i've ever done is a half marathon but if ever there was one that would tempt me to have a go it would be New York. Hmmmm a bit of thinking to do.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 16, 2012, 04:16:51 am »
Hi Wonder, I hope that you have lost some weight from abstaining from alcohol, and I will be very interested to see how you go. Are you looking forward to having a glass at the end of July, or are you not fussed?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 16, 2012, 04:39:30 am »
CP, i'll be interested to see if there is a difference, I haven't swapped the alocohol with anything else so they are calories I'm just not having. At the moment I'm looking forward to having a drink but I think by the end I might not be overly fussed. It's made me realise what a habit my drinking was so those triggers will probably be gone by the end of the month, I've had some fairly trying times in the last few weeks were I've felt I would really like a drink and got through it ok so I think i'll probably continue or cut down considerably.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 16, 2012, 04:40:07 am »
Well done Dash, that would make you feel better than a weight gain like last time.

And Wonder you are doing a great job :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 16, 2012, 05:12:16 am »
Great work Dash and Wonder :D Keep it up!

I forgot my weigh in on Sunday because I was a bit preoccupied worrying about grandpa. I don't know whether I should weigh myself tomorrow morning or just wait until next Sunday when it will be my weigh day again :-\

stacelee

« Reply #523 on: July 16, 2012, 05:28:37 am »
My weight went up by a kilo over the weekend, but I'm not concerned because I was perfect with food, but have been doing an hour a day on the treadmill.  I've gone from trying to work out how to fit in 1/2 hour of exercise to doing an hour to make sure I've done my steps for the day.  I dropped 400g today so hopefully I will drop the rest again in a couple of days.

jakodai

« Reply #524 on: July 16, 2012, 05:33:44 am »
I was feeling so great last night, then woke up in the middle of the night with a fever, and just got back from the doctor and I have tonsillitis. Nice! I'm still eating properly, though. And because I don't have a car I have to still walk everywhere so should get my steps up. And the doctor is also doing a asthma assessment and is putting me on a preventer to control my asthma because it's exercise induced which should help get active.