Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496345 times)

jakodai

Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #495 on: July 14, 2012, 08:44:07 am »
Lol, you can't talk about small kitchens until you see mine!

I just took Jake for a toilet walk quite literally around the corner and I've already raked up nearly 1000 steps. 10,000 shouldn't be too hard.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 14, 2012, 11:13:59 am »
DD and I went to the Good Food & Wine show. Before I went I had done 626 steps. We parked the car in Subiaco, caught a free bus in and walked around the expo. We walked back up the hill (Kings Park) and back to Subi. Unfortunately I get exercise induced asthma and I could hardly breathe cos I forgot my puffer. It was torture and I couldn't wait to get home to have a puff. Got home and was in the early 9,000's so we took the dog for a walk around the park. Now 11,500 steps later and 25 stairs climbed I am exhausted. I'm going to be a happy chappy lying on the lounge tonight  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

jakodai

« Reply #497 on: July 14, 2012, 11:16:31 am »
A well deserved lay on the couch!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #498 on: July 14, 2012, 11:49:04 am »
I'm only on 4600 + steps but I have been on my feet all day and burnt over 2000 calories but only ate 1300 calories so all good here :D
I know it's probably not spot on but gives a good indication :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

jakodai

« Reply #499 on: July 14, 2012, 02:53:03 pm »
I have just done my food plan for the week, and I'm going to put it here to hopefully make myself more 'committed' to following it - I have to stick to it now, I've told the world!!

Monday
Breakfast: Baked Beans on Toast – 299 calories
Lunch: Sweet & Sour Chicken – 315 calories
Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese – 525 calories

Tuesday
Breakfast: Cinnamon, Apple and Oat Porridge – 357 calories
Lunch: Baked Potato – 294 calories
Dinner: Chicken with Lemon & Basil Sauce (modified to be lower calories) – 440 calories

Wednesday
Lunch: Chicken Wrap – will work it out when I make it
Dinner: Cacciatore Chicken Risotto – 456 calories

Thursday
Lunch: Cacciatore Chicken Risotto – 456 calories
Dinner: Bangers and Mash in a Tasty Onion Gravy (without butter) – 464 calories

Friday
Lunch: Sushi – 384 calories
Dinner: Casserole
 – 344 calories

Saturday
Lunch: Baked Potato
 – 294 calories
Dinner: Home Made Chicken Nuggets & Chips – 425 calories

I struggle with breakfasts and lunches, as you can probably tell - there's not a whole lot of variety there. I'm going to experiment with week-end cooks, and taking 'meals' to work for lunch. I used to do weight watchers, and was quite successful, and I think my biggest contributing factor was having dinner-type meals for lunch, meat & vegetables, which kept me really full until dinner. I wish I had some of my old recipes, as they were quite low in fat.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:58:38 pm by jakodai »

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 15, 2012, 12:16:52 am »
That looks great Amanda :D Do you have some healthy snacks planned for emergency hunger pangs?

We'll be checking next week to see if you followed it ;)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 15, 2012, 12:24:23 am »
I couldn't stick to a meal plan. I usually only decide either the day before or that morning what we having for dinner. Depends what I feel like having or making :)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 15, 2012, 12:44:58 am »
Is using grape seed oil healthier/lower in fat than using butter?

I am trying to reduce the fat content in the snacks I make for DS.
Was going to try Amy's Healthier Choc Muffin but don't have any yoghurt.

Thanks DG x
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 15, 2012, 12:48:01 am »
DG, grapeseed oil is much healthier because it is not solid at room temperture. Means there are more healthy fats as opposed to unhealthy fats ;)
Hope this is helpful. I can get you more info if you want :)

I hope you do get to try my muffins, they are very yummy :D

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 15, 2012, 12:56:24 am »
Thank you Amy. I will cook my usual Choc cupcakes using grape seed oil today.
Will definately try your muffins next week :)
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 15, 2012, 01:09:10 am »
DG, grapeseed oil is much healthier because it is not solid at room temperture. Means there are more healthy fats as opposed to unhealthy fats ;)

I hope you do get to try my muffins, they are very yummy :D

Ya they are yummy, although I have only eaten one but the kids absolutely love them :)

jakodai

« Reply #506 on: July 15, 2012, 04:43:39 am »
That looks great Amanda :D Do you have some healthy snacks planned for emergency hunger pangs?

We'll be checking next week to see if you followed it ;)
I normally stick to a meal plan once I've created it, and last night I spent a couple of hours researching recipes and calculating calories, and all that stuff, so I think I'm a little more vested in it. I'm planning on buying lot's of fruit, and I'm also going to make Tenina's power balls, as apparently the Crio Bru is a natural appetite suppressant, and I think it also has chromium in it which is meant to stop sugar cravings. I'm also going to make your healthy cupcakes today and that will be my morning tea. I'm hoping that lunch will be enough to carry me through to dinner with just some fruit or something. But if the power balls work, I might have the cupcake for afternoon tea. I'll see how I go.

I couldn't stick to a meal plan. I usually only decide either the day before or that morning what we having for dinner. Depends what I feel like having or making :)
I have to meal plan, otherwise we'd eat junk every night. I work 30 hours a week, my study is meant to be 15 hours, and I'm a single mum, if I don't organise meals things are just way too chaotic. I need to not have to think about that during the week. Especially on work nights.

I didn't know this - it makes sense, though. If anything I probably thought it was the other way around, only because I've found that cakes that use oil instead of butter and more moist so I figured they had more fat.

Woo Hoo! I just earned my first FitBit badge - I walked 5000 steps! Markets help that. Especially bad ones where you walk laps around the football oval to pass the time before your lift gets back... ;-)  I am having one problem with the FitBit though, it's tracking that I've gone up 4 flights of stairs, but I haven't. I think what's happening is that I'm moving in the lift when I'm going up and down, and because I'm moving, and technically I'm travelling up or down, it thinks I'm going down a flight of stairs. I'm going to have to try to make sure I stay still in the lift and see if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 04:51:54 am by jakodai »

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 15, 2012, 04:54:43 am »
Good luck Amanda, I hope the power balls work for you ;)
Hopefully you will find a way of eating that suits you and helps you lose weight :D
You're definitely very busy, so I think you're doing a fantastic job just trying to organise your healthy meals!! Well done :D
In regards to the oil and butter thing Amanda, moist cakes don't necessarily have more fat, but remember that even good fats still have the same 38kj per gram. Just because they're healthier doesn't mean they're lower in kilojoules :-))

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 15, 2012, 07:17:46 am »
Oh my I have blown my calories for the day now. Just had a surprise baby shower for my sister and I ate too much :o. Oh well I have been so good. And was nice to have a bit of a pig out lol. Back to normal tomorrow and will try to up the exercise for the next few days.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 15, 2012, 07:32:16 am »
Getting back on track is the important  thing.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/