Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496480 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #480 on: July 14, 2012, 12:15:16 am »
there are apparently 90 cals in an apple. I would have an apple if you wanted it. I think Weight Watchers let you have as much fruit as you want. There are worser sins.

I really excelled myself today. I got the Fit Bit about midday lets say, and I couldn't stop logging on and tracking. I took the dog for a walk late arvo and when I got close to home I was 3,000 steps short of my 10,000 goal so I detoured and added. Normally I would just walk the route. I also walked up and down a few more stairs, and around 9pm tonight DD and I walked around the lounge chairs to get a couple of "badges".  (We laughed as we were doing it cos it was so daggy, every one else is out there dancing and mingling and we are walking around our lounge chairs). T

his is way more exercise than I would do in an average day, and I enjoy knowing where I am at statistically. This is getting a 5/5 for me so far. I reckon these gadgets are going to go off with a blast.

Good to know about the fruit, thanks CP. I eat tonnes of it ;D

Sounds like you and DD could set a new trend with friday night chair-walking ;) You're doing really well CP, good job :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 14, 2012, 03:22:28 am »
I was kicking myself this morning as I really wanted to track my sleep. It will tell you how long it takes for you to fall asleep. Guess there should be reminder somewhere to not fall asleep and put the bit on as its no good lying on the bed next to me!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #482 on: July 14, 2012, 03:30:00 am »
It's quiet good CP, and seems quiet accurate too. I woke 15 times last night, and half of that was telling my DH to leave me alone cause he was wanting something but I wasn't interested :o lol.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 14, 2012, 05:37:14 am »
 ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 14, 2012, 05:41:11 am »
 :-X

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 14, 2012, 06:14:48 am »
It's a darn nuisance when DH's want a cup of coffee in the middle of the night isn't it Mandi  ;) ;) ;) ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 14, 2012, 06:23:38 am »
Mandi I would have given it to him.... A good kick in you no where :)
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 14, 2012, 07:14:00 am »
It's a darn nuisance when DH's want a cup of coffee in the middle of the night isn't it Mandi  ;) ;) ;) ;D

I thought he only wanted a drink of water, not coffee. :D :D :D :D

CP this fitbit sounds exciting.

My weigh day today. I remained the same which I was happy with. I'm only sort of trying. :-\ Bad week coming up, lunch out Monday and Thursday and DH's birthday Tuesday. If I'm truthful I don't want to be good when I have lunch out. :-\
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 14, 2012, 07:16:31 am »
As long as you're not gaining cookie, thats the main thing ;)

I don't blame you for not wanting to be good when you go out for lunch ;D Since its not something you do every day you should be able to enjoy it without worrying about your weight :)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 14, 2012, 07:24:39 am »
I have had to cut out cooking so much. DS is getting a little flabby around his tummy and bottom. Actually more than a little flabby. I am worried as he eats so much but I try to limit it to fruit but he has already had 2 apples, 2 bananas, an apple and yoghurt for snacks. 2 pieces of toast for breakfast and a medium tin of spaghetti for lunch.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 14, 2012, 07:27:19 am »
Yes he wanted a cuppa, that's what it was :D

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 14, 2012, 07:29:03 am »
I hadn't considered anything else Mandi :-))

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 14, 2012, 07:30:03 am »
I wouldn't care what he wanted. Whatever it was he wouldn't be getting it. Coffee or water LOL

jakodai

« Reply #493 on: July 14, 2012, 07:34:53 am »
I got my fitbit and scales today! I had a bit of trouble connecting the scales, but once I fired up my work laptop and connected using Windows it was fine. It seemed to be a Mac problem - it wasn't prompting for my wifi password so it couldn't connect. Either way, it's working now so it's all good. I'm going to start on Monday. I desperately need to start a meal plan for next week.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 14, 2012, 07:54:55 am »
I got my fitbit and scales today! I had a bit of trouble connecting the scales, but once I fired up my work laptop and connected using Windows it was fine. It seemed to be a Mac problem - it wasn't prompting for my wifi password so it couldn't connect. Either way, it's working now so it's all good. I'm going to start on Monday. I desperately need to start a meal plan for next week.

Yay jakodai I'm glad you got it all up and running. I haven't done to many steps today, but I have been on my feet all day cooking. I need a bigger kitchen so walking back and forward from one end to the other is more steps lol.